Return to Website

CongenitalHeartDefects.com

Welcome to the Congenital Heart Defects Message Board!

Forum: CongenitalHeartDefects.com
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PLEASE HELP

Dear Lauren:

My son had surgery when he was a baby, too. To my surprise, he has briefly addressed the issue with some of his close friends. He doesn't usually tell them the name of his heart defect -- just that he's had two open-heart surgeries and he has to be careful about certain things.

The fact that your friend is playing sports is a good sign. That must mean her heart is strong and so is her spirit. What I have seen with my son is that he wants to be treated just like any other kid. He doesn't want to focus on his heart defect or the fact that there is anything wrong with him.

If your friend had her surgery when she was a baby, there is scar tissue covering the wires in her chest. I doubt it hurt her when you touched her; it probably embarrassed her a little. Just take it in stride and try to be understanding. Some women are very concerned about how their scars look. It makes some women feel less beautiful.

I think that you're a dear friend for caring so much. Hang in there and enjoy whatever time you have together. Time really passes too quickly. We all need to cherish each and every day.

I hope you had a merry Christmas and I hope your new year is filled with joy.

Sincerely

Anna Jaworski
mom to Joey (heart healthy; 15) and Alex (HLHS; 12)

Email  
Re: Re: PLEASE HELP - by Lauren - Dec 27, 2006 12:13pm
Re: Re: Re: PLEASE HELP - by Jennifer - Dec 28, 2006 8:18am
Re: Re: Re: PLEASE HELP - by Lauren - Dec 28, 2006 1:25pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: PLEASE HELP - by Jess - Jan 7, 2007 7:47pm
Re: PLEASE HELP - by Jess - Jan 7, 2007 7:43pm
Re: Re: PLEASE HELP - by Lauren - Jan 10, 2007 8:36pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com