WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Competency Hearing

Sorry we haven't been posting/responding but you all have been in our thoughts. Tomorrow we have a competency hearing in Pittsburgh with Lisa's murderer as the star of the show. Yes it seems that he isn't "doing so well" in jail and they feel he needs to be put back in the hospital. This is in no way a good thing nor is it a sign of any progress but just another right that the criminal gets and if they play the mentally ill card then they trump everything it seems. Our DA as well as our Doctor I am sure will argue that he is competent but I have seen this movie too many times before. After almost 2 years we will finally personally see the evil monster that so randomly took our beautiful Lisa. I was already forewarned by our previous advocate that he is the most evil creepiest person he has ever seen in his 10 years of big city court experience. As Travis' Mom Nanci would say, Laura & AV It is what it is! So I know there is nothing that can be said to prepare us for what we are about to face tomorrow (as well as the poor poor him) but Nanci had a good thought, We're just F***ed...That's all there is to it! Thanks for keeping us grounded and a reality check because that is about as good as it ever gets now isn't it?

Re: Competency Hearing

I am sending hopes that you get a Judge who sees right through this little game of his. Who the heck cares that HE isn't doing well in jail? How are you doing? How about AV and the girl's? Ya'll doing great over all of this? Why don't they care about that? About the hell they are putting you through. I have no sympathy for him, he KNEW what he was doing. If he isn't doing well in jail he shouldn't have committed murder. Premeditated murder. I am so sick of the CRIMINAL getting all the rights. I hope that you plan to stare at him, You can't glare because they will be watching you and we can't act bad ya know or they make us out to be the wrong one, but stare at him. I am so angry that ya'll are being put through this. I hate that we only got 4 years but at least we got something. You are still fighting. {{HUGS}} Know we are all there with you in spirit and we are all staring at his creepy self.

Laura & AV,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will be right beside you tomorrow. If you need anything please let me know.
Love ya, Paula

Nanci is right it is what it is and there isn't anything we can do about it, how sad is that! I wonder just how many people do well in jail HUMMMMMMMMMM. If everyone that didn't do well in jail was hospitalized our prisons and jails wouldn't be over crowded. I will be there right along with everyone else in spirit that you can count on.
Love yas
Jim's Mom

Dear Laura/AV and girls
I'm praying you have the strength to look at this scum and not break down totally.I send my love and support to you and will be thinking of you.Love and God Bless

I'm very sorry you have to deal with this monster and "his rights", Thinking of you today.

By now you have probably gon to the competency hearing. I know that had to be extremely difficult for you. I am sending much love your way.

Any word yet? I know this has to be an emotionally exhausting day today. We were there with you.

Thanks ladies for being here for us. Yes Kim it was very draining. They will let us know within 24 hours as the Judge couldn't make a decision. The defense had a Dr look at him but didn't bring his report which told the DA even her Dr found him competent (and we are not privleged to the info or can the judge request it). The only Dr that did not find him competent was the jailhouse quack who laughed when she arrived 30 minutes late saying Oh my gosh I totally forgot about this hearing then even laughed on the stand testifying as if we were at some luncheon or get together. She felt he wasn't competent because during her 2 interviews with him he had irrational thoughts because he felt their interview was going to interfere with him getting lunch that day and because he became agitated when his tatoos where asked about. I asked the DA if there was more info in the report and he said no that was about it. I told him he had to be kidding that was all they were basing his competency on? Well the scum bag lawyer said it best at the end. The judge asked her So you want me to find him incompentent now so when trial comes (in November now as we have to wait for her other trial where the policeman were killed) we hope he will be competent? The attorney said he just wants to go back to the hospital it would be better for him there we feel. Even though he is competent by all medical opinions except the quack in order to send him to the hospital the judge would have to commit him and find him incompetent. How bout that? There was very little security and I waited by the courtroom door and they walked the vile scum right by me (all of us for that matter-AV called him a murderer) and I am still regretting all the options I had but all I did was just stare at the pos. There was soo much more that was so pathetic all I can say in my brothers words were you would have had to seen it to believe as it was nothing more than a kangaroo court! There is not a thing wrong with this monster as he showed no remorse nor did they ever even mention what he had done or our precious beautiful Lisa. Two more notes....they had "fireside" chairs for the attorneys to sit in and we sat in hard wood chairs and the defense attorneys name is Lisa and the quack doctor's name is Christine. From what I am told as how they refer to the victim or the corpse her name will never be mention...Lisa Christine Maas but I will be haunted hearing their names repeatedly as after all isn't all about him now? It made all of us sick. Thanks for listening. Luv ya all...Laura, AV &i family of precious Angel Lisa Christine Maas

Laura
Our babies are gone so now they have no rights! If the only doc that says the POS is crazy is the jail house doc I can't see the judge letting him go back to the NUT HOUSE. Sounds to me like there isn't a thing wrong with him and he should stay right where he is until after trial then he needs to be put in prison for the rest of his life. I am so sorry you guys have to go through all of this crap, it is all so unfair.
Love yous guys
Jimmy's Mom