WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sentencing

Weston Thomas McCahon was sentenced to the maximum of 4 years for Involuntary Manslaughter April 16, 2010. He took a plea to a lessor charge rather then face trail for murder. He will be allowed time served so will not face a long prison sentence but he will go to prison. I will never get my daughter back.
We found out that after dumping Kaylin's body, this depraved human being went to his friend's house to go swimming and hook up with some girls. He was very upset over what had happened wasn't he? So upset he had to immediately go on with his life. He showed what kind of human being he really is. He never showed remorse and glared at us through our statements. What type of person does that? We also found out that police had been called a second time by his friends and he once again took off with Kaylin in his car. I saw the pictures and they only confirmed what we knew. He did indeed conceal her body. She was covered in leaves. He had no intention of anyone finding her. He had no regard for her life. Four years is not enough, but I am thankful the Judge gave us the most he could by law. Now, ladies.....what are we going to do about these laws that don't allow for real justice?

Re: Sentencing

Kim
You already know what I think of this sentence but like you said it is the most the judge was allowed BY LAW to hand down. There must be a way for us to at least try to get the amount of years for these different degrees of murder upped. Guess first we need to find out what steps we need to take to get something going to change the law. Any Ideas ladies?
Love and Hugs to all
Jimmy's Mom

Also, I am glad you called me to have me listen to your impact statement you did a wonderful job. You should send it to Debbie so she can post for everyone to read. My statement is short a sweet but I also wrote a letter to the judge that went into more detail of Jim's life and how his murder has devastated me and my family.
Love ya
Shirley

I'm going to send Debbie mine, Jared's and Doug's. I hope they help someone else. It helped me to get ideas ready others.

Dear Kim
No it is not nearly enough time for what that scum took from you.I can't believe that that is all the time he gets for you never being able to hold your baby again.I am so sorry it didn't go to trial because he def would have gotten more time.No remorse is what I can't put a handle on.It's like he thinks you took something from him.It would be really nice if you could post your impact statements to the messsage board.I have already finished mine and hope that I can read the whole thing without it being shortened.Of course I may add more to it but it is an emotional thing that has left me drained.
Now about changing laws,let me know if I can help with writing to someone who would listen.Love Peace and God Bless my friend

Hi Kim,
you seem like such a very nice person, I see how you responded to everyone before you gave us your news. I would like to thankyou and all the ladies that have been there for me when I thought no one was...I don't mean to appear selfish in my grief and fear sometimes I do. But I am so sorry that we all understand the pain.

I'm sorry Kaylin's killer got such a short sentence. That injustice I relate to as 2yrs was the sentence Chris' killer got. He could have gotten the twenty but they would have needed a "stronger case" for that and since they screwed up so well they were relieved he got anything at all. HOW IS THAT???
And they all screwed up from the lead Det. to the Prosecutor's office. What do you do then?
I don't know where they come up with these different amounts of time. Did our babies die to a lesser degree.
I hope you feel some relief now that this part is over. I never have because...like I told the v/a "counselor" Friday...How could you let him be labeled a parental abuser? When they knew what I now had affirmed by reading what I did...what I had been saying and feeling all along. Chris would have never tried to rush his hateful drunk father with a gun he would have tried to reason or run and now I hear "reclining" and then the darn new picture.
I'm just sorry we all have such sad stories, knowing this really isn't any amount of time or punishment that will ever make it better...we'd have to have them back with us. So we wait and hope...
sending love

I have been up and down so much. Part of me is relieved to not have to go back to court and hear my child blamed for her death, but for more time I would. It makes me mad that they don't care more. I feel more could have been done. We found out that after he dumped her that he went swimming and to pick up girls. Had I known that before I would have been livid. I am now. He had even more times to help her then we knew about. That crossed a line to me and made him guilty of murder 2. He drove around with her for hours and hours. I guess to everyone who saw her it was obvious but not to him. Right, he just didn't care. What an awful person he is. I certainly hope his friends will never be alone with him when he gets out. He has no regard for life. It isn't right that your son didn't get justice either. I get the feeling they think we should be happy to get anything, but he deserved so much more. They all do.

KIm I am glad for you that the trial is over but it saddens me to know how little he got for murdering Kaylin. The justice system is very broken and seems to be in favor of the perpetrators rather than the victims. You're right Kaylins life should have been worth more then the so called justice you got. I think things are only getting worse instead of better because the prisons are overcrowded and they are releasing criminals. I guess the only thing to do is write to your representatives in congress and hope they listen. So far they have not. The man that killed Keara was let out of prison after abusing other women on numerous occasions. Now he is in there for life but only after he murdered Keara. It is awful that any of us have to go through this. We are the ones who are in prison.