WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
unbelievable

I just got the letter from hawaiimpolice dept. regarding my request for the police report. It says they will release a partial report. But it seems the medical and autopsy information are being withheld reason given...Protected medical. Why would they not want me to see that?
They will release 500 pages of the police report. They want almost $500.00...$440.00 for the 22 hours they say it will take review and segregate?!?
What is going on here...he was my son.
This system is so incredibly messed up. I think they were as inept as I imagined or worse. Why else would they keep everything secret before the plea was accepted and now no autopsy report.
I never saw Chris, I knew he would not want that for me...now with no information ever given to us I have to regret that decision...
I don't know what to do now...I'm so lost.

Re: unbelievable

Lois
I still haven't gotten a police report and don't know if I ever will, the autopsy report broke my heart. I didn't have to pay anything for it. I don't understand why they would keep anything from you now maybe it has to do with the plea and the statement that is suppose to be a true account of what happened. You need to contact an attorney or as Bette suggested the POMC.
Hugs Jim's Mom

Hi Shirley, I'm so sorry. I feel so bad for what my Questions and frustrations touch and remind you of in your own heartache. This is why I must say again Thankyou, There are some special ladies here.

b
Bette, I'm sorry, i did see you and had my reply all typed out and hit the wrong button etc. You see I had just called the local POMC shortly before your post and was telling you of the 'coincidence'. Alot of my reason for so many questions is this was my family. Before Chris's death as much as I didn't like him I'd say I'd always be grateful to him, he had given me my two greatest gifts, my children. And he just destroyed them...Chris forever gone from us...Aly hurt beyond words...

I'm kind of more of a mess lately, Tues.February 23rd is Chris's Birthday. He'd be 29.
Love to you

Lois, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I like Shirley did not see the police report. But I did see the autopsy report and it made me feel even more sick than I already felt. It is one thing to know what happened but to see it in black and white is another story. I didn't have to pay for the autopsy report either. I hope you are able to get this straightened out without having to pay all that money. Once again the victims have no rights. Love ya. Darien

Hi Darien, I don't want to see the autopsy report, I feel I have to now. I know Chris wouldn't want it for me. I guess after living in Hawaii for so long it really scares me to think how badly they handled this. It's such a corrupt system,,they treated me as if I were the enemy and that is a very scary feeling. Now to hear the autopsy came to you all so easily...I have to wonder what don't they want me to see. I'm sorry you had to go through it too.The police report...$500's alot and knowing Hawaii it is an estimate of their time...I just wish I knew what they did and wish I knew whether I ever will. Probably not.
with aloha
Lois

It seems that as mother's we want to know everything no matter how horrible it is. We have so little to hang on to. I think a lot about what Keara's last minutes of life were like and it horrifies me. I wish those images and thoughts would leave my mind. This is just a nightmare and I wish none of us had to go through it. I am glad we have each other. Love ya. Darien

Louis it was awhile before we could get Kaylin's autopsy report because it was sealed. Once an arrest was made and he was charged we were able to get it and we ahd to pay for it. I cannot remember how much though. An autopsy is a public record and you should be able to get it. You may have to pay for it but it is a public document. I ahve not seen the police report because we were still in the process, but since he pled today we will be able to see all of the evidence. On the 4th we go for sentencing and we will see all of the evidence that afternoon when sentencing is complete. Since there was a plea I don't understand why they are not releasing the info to you. Could they be lying to you? Why is it we seem to have to fight everyone? Even the ones who are supposed to be on OUR side?

Lois, each state has a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Do a google search of FOIA for Hawaii and see if anything comes up that might help you.