WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
getting information

Chris has been gone 14 months now. There was no trial just that Plea they accepted so very against our wishes...That was this past Oct. 2 yrs withcredit for time served.Part of the plea agreement,he had to give statement describing truthfully what happened. They said his account could not have happened so they gave him ANOTHER 90 days to come up with a better story. I just learned they didn't think he had given that 2nd statement. 90 days are up. The detective said some of the 8 shots were straight on, some from above like Chris was sitting or laying down at some point and his killer over him. That's what I've felt all along...he was sitting down...I LOVE YOU CHRIS
Sorry rambling again..
what I was wondering is... I have just begun to get whatever info that is available...I requested the police report. A letter is in the mail to explain the process. This happened in Hawaii and it's system is very corrupt and unfair. A run around is not out of the question here.
Does anyone have any advice... his statement...who am I supposed to contact. What kind of things am I entitled to see and know now the case is closed.
To all of you MOMS... I'm sorry so many of your trials are so hard to get to it seems. At least you still have hope that justice will be served . That's what I'll be praying for, that you all find some peace knowing your children's killers are put away forever.
Because knowing that my daughter's father who has killed her brother is free in less than a year is not a peaceful feeling.
I'm not as clear these days, hope I made some sense
here tonight. I hate this life we live now without our safety net we thought we had. That if we try and be good people bad things won't happen...bad things to happen to good people, that we know way too well
I hope you all feel their love tonight and always

Re: getting information

Lois
You should get the autopsy report along with the police report and have them looked over by a medical examiner. They can figure out if Chris was laying down sitting or standing when he was shot. If you could get another examiner to write a report and get it to the court maybe it would make a difference. I don't understand the thing about him writing a statement as to what happened, if they know he lied in the first statement then it seems to me they know what really happened already. What happens if he doesn't write a report that they agree with does he get more time? I can't believe they gave him a deal like that he should have been put away for life.
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this crap, we should at LEAST feel some comfort after the trial not be going through even more pain because another murderer has been given a slap on the wrist.
Sending many HUGS to you
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

Thankyou Shirley, I wasn't sure what to, I'm still lost but didn't know the autopsy report is part of that. Somedays I don't think I should pursue any more info since his plea but then I realize I have to know. It will never get any better but I feel I owe Chris to find out whatever I can.
Yes, He was told if he didn't come up with a truthful statement, 20 years could come back on the table. Yes it went from a possible 20 to 2 years time, 10 years probation.
Do you know if I can get the Prosecutions report?
Thankyou again for taking the time Shirley.
I hope your day is ok
LOVE to you

I do not know about the prosecution report, I know you can get all trial transcripts but that would be very expensive. Lets hope he keeps up with the lies and gets the full 20 years I doubt he will come up with the truth who would want to admit they murdered their own son.
Love to you
Jim's mom

Thankyou Shirley, I am sorry to even ask but I didn't have any one else...sometimes I don't know if I can do this now continue to try and find out what they did or didn't do. The Prosecution was horrible, like how to learn to be a prosecutor preschool. Needless to say I'm very unhappy with how they did not listen to us at all and Contributed to my son getting his final label in that courtroom, the one WE knew to be so untrue...parental abuser. Can you imagine how many times a day these words come out...I'm so sorry Chris.
With Much Aloha
Lois

Lois
This is what we are here for if we can't turn to all the moms for help where do we go? I agree it sounds like the prosecution in Chris's case were a bunch of idiots. You will do what you feel you need to and strength will come from your Angel Chris he is watching over you.
Love and hugs
Jimmy's Mom

If you can get some of the information or what you can, I know if you go to the POMC website they have people there that can review your case. It's called Second Opinion Service. Go to their website and see if it is something that you might find might be helpful to you. The link is http://www.pomc.com/
and it's sort of in the middle on the left hand side under POMC programs. They also have a lot of other resources. Just thought this might be helpful. I do hope you can get what you need, it's not fair how much we have to fight for when we are in so much pain already.

Bette
Timmy's mom

Hi Bette, You are right, why should we have to fight for anything when we've been so damaged. I know it's not easy for any of us this new kind of life we been forced to accept. I can see this MOMS site is a place of kindness and love...how could it not be I guess with so many Angels watching over us.
I go to your websites and cry and find myself thinking about your pain and loss and I can only send love to you.
I have to think our Angels were special before they were loaned to us and their love energy continues to shine so brightly here on these pages , they were very special...and their love eternal...I know that is one thing that hasn't changed, how loved I continue to feel by my Chris. So I wait...
I really am losing it now.
Bette, thankyou for the help. It's funny, I just called POMC yesturday to find out where there is a meeting. I was wondering if any of the MOMS went to them and now it's right in front of me...Life.
Lots of Hugs

Lois there is a Victim's law here in CA called Marsy's Law. They are on fb. Maybe they might have info on a Hawaii group.

You may also try googling Victims' Advocacy Groups in Hawaii. I did one and a lot comes up. Maybe you will see one that fits what you need. Hope that helps. Look on fb too to see if there are any groups that peratin to Hawaii victim groups.