WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

This month's messageboard is sponsored by Bobbie Humphreys

in memory of her son Billy Lee Humphreys

Forum: WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
back from therapy

She thinks I should tell you a little more...the day after my son Chris was found, shot eight times,tossed like trash over that sea cliff, his father was FINALLY located. A single vehicle crash. When we on Hawaii for Chris's Celebration of Life my daughter was flying back and forth inter-island to be there for her dad,we sent our prayers. He was semi-comatose the next 5 weeks, we didn't have any info. Soon it was clear he had done the unthinkable...he admitted it I'm told in-admissably. I guess all he had to say was he didn't want to talk about it and even though he did anyway, they couldn't use it, his rights...just days before Chris was killed Aly was in Hawaii, her father and brother meeting her 5 month old son for the first time. We have pictures. He hurt us all so bad. Chris so was loved he was 27. His killer was charged with 2nd degree, basically 1st in hawaii, 9 mos later a plea 2 yrs with time served...Chris died Dec.11,2008. His killer's release Feb 2011. How's that for Hawaiian Justice

Email  
Re: back from therapy

That is awful. I am so sorry. I just cannot wrap my head around a parent doing that to their own child. Our justice system is not about justice. It hasn't been for a long time. Sadly, until you have to go through it, you don't know that. They take a life they should not get a slap on the wrist. I am so sorry for your loss and cannot imagine what you have to go through on top of losing your son. I can only offer my support and tell you that I will keep you in my thoughts and I am here if you need me.

Lois

This so called justice system is only a justice system for the murderers not for the victims. Some of the moms here have been waiting for years to get to trial I just hope the out come for them is not the same injustice you have received. I can not believe only a 2 year sentence for 2nd degree murder, of your own child no less. The more I hear of these slaps on the wrist the luckier I feel the POS that murdered my son was convicted of 2nd degree murder (although it should have been 1st degree) was sentenced to 40 to life + 8 years and I have been told that in California what that boils down to is life in prison. But even after being found guilty by a jury he is now entitled to 2 appeals one at the state level and one at the federal level. I just don't understand how the sentencing can be so light for 2nd degree murder that is so wrong.
Love and Hugs
Jim's Mom

Thank you. I'm an early riser. No work today just the nightmare. I don't remember my dreams, I guess I shut that down decades ago. When Chris was so brutally murdered I was 2 weeks shy of 2 years sober. He was so proud of his "Mama". I had been born into a pretty sad life anyway. Very long story but if you think it, it's probably happened. I always said I was happiest when I was raising my kids...a ramble sorry.
Back to my wake-up. I'm still married to that monster. It seemed best not to make that move then, now of course I will.
I wake to so much horror and guilt because you see...we in no way ever saw this happening...I had moved off island, something Chris had wanted for years. I was getting my life back...our life back. We had never been apart so long, almost 2 yrs. We talked every day on the phone. If we knew that idiot could have been capable of this the signs are there now. He treated Chris horrible and treated our daughter like a princess. Chris was dummy or ***hole. It's why I left him.
Yes it's very hard to wrap my head around this as well. Every waking moment.
I don't know how to do a website for my boy yet but if you'd like you can google Chris Randrup, there is a video 2 1/2 min of Chris some of his buddies did for him. Heights Production. Love to you

Email  

Lois
I watched the video Chris is a very good looking boy and it looked like he was having a ball riding the waves. The sites we do for our angels are very easy the pages are all there all you have to do is add pictures and what ever else you might like. If you go to Last Memories I think you can try it out for free then if you want to keep the site I think it is about $75 for a life time membership. I'll bet Chris was very proud of his Mama for a lot of things. Believe me we all feel guilty about our angels murders each and every one of us think there must have been something we could have done or should have done differently. What state do you live in? We have a chat room most evenings you can find a mom there around 6:00 west coast time you can get to the chat room at the top of the main page of this site.
Always remember we are here for you and know what you are going through we are all walking this rough and rocky road.
Love and Hugs
Jimmy's Mom

For a limited time last-memories.com is offering a lifetime for $35.00. It is so easy to do. If I can do it anyone can. I am going to go look at Chris video now. Sending love and hugs to you.