WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi MOMS - back from holidays

Hi MOMS,

I'm back from our holiday trip to TX, and trying to get back into the swing of things, work, school for the boys, basketball...life! It was good to get away for a bit, to be with family and friends, but I'm glad to be home. While in TX I was able to see Samuel's headstone for the first time since his funeral. For those of you who follow me on Facebook, thanks so much for all your encouragement. It helped knowing you all were thinking about me and praying for me. That was one of the toughest things I ever had to do, besides his funeral. I was literally sick as we drove up to the cemetery. I visited twice - once when I first got to TX and then again when we were leaving. I hated to think of my Samuel there in the ground. I posted pics on my blog which you can see by clicking on the website button below.

I see we have a few more MOMS here. I'm so sorry you are now part of this club, but you have found the best place for you. The ladies here are awesome and understand the pain we all are going through. You all are a lifesaver to me. It helps being able to see your status on Facebook and just having that little connection. I check FB all day from my Blackberry just to see how everyone is doing. I missed you all while I was gone and hope to get into chat soon.

Love and hugs to all my MOMS

Re: Hi MOMS - back from holidays

Isaida
Glad you are home safe and sound, I know what you mean that is why I have My Jim home with me. Hope to see you in chat soon we have actually been getting in a little earlier hope that helps all moms to be able to get into chat.
Love and Hugs
Big Jim's Mom

I love your website pictures. I am new and I am so glad I found this group. Unfortunately I wish I didn't. I lost Nate this November on the 25th to a gunshot wound. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Donna

Hi Donna, I'm so sorry you had to be here, but glad you found us. This group of MOMS have been a lifesaver. My Samuel was shot and killed on May 23, 2009 at the age of 19. I found this group a month or so after.

Thanks for the compliment on my pics/blog.I've been blogging for about 2 yrs. and it helps sometimes putting my thoughts and feelings down about this new life we are now living.

Is that a picture of your Nate?

isaida

Dear Isaida
Glad you had a good trip and are back safe and sound.I really have to go on facebook more often.I stopped going on because people I didn't know were requesting to be my friend and I really don't care to read about every aspect of their day like when they brush their teeth or what they wore that day.I wish I could weed alot of that nonsense out,then I could read the better stuff.Anyway glad you got to visit your son's headstone.It really is beautiful.Love and God Bless

Isaida,

Yes, that is a picture of my son Nate. He was 23 years old and my first born. He is a mix raced and was beautiful. His father is black and I am white. Back in the 80's in the Boston area, that was still a very taboo thing to do in the Irish Quarter. LOL. I had Nate cremated and his ashes with me. I find it comforting going to his room and talking to his picture and ashes. I to have 2 young children as well. One girl 8 and a boy 10 and 3 older stepkids 27, 31, and 34. We are a big happy family. Now we are all defining the new normal since one is gone. I thank God for Nate's son Rivy. He is 2 years old and looks just like his dad.

Donna