WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
appeal

Guess I should have known, why would what they are claiming in the appeal be any different than all the lies at the trial. Jimmy had a gun, Jimmy shot at Marlin, Jimmy was a drug dealer, Jimmy was beating up Marlins's mother, Marlin shot Jimmy in defense of his mother. Oh the list of lies goes on and on. Now I get to wait. 99% of my heart says don't worry 1% wonders if this bunch of Bull S--- will go through and this murdering POS will actually get a new trial.
Hugs
Big Jim's Mom

Re: appeal

Shirley...I'm so sorry. I wish you didn't have to go through this. I wish none of us did. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

isaida

Well surely they tested Jimmy to see if he had gun shot residue if he made the allegation Jimmy shot first right? So what the heck was Marlin's mom doing at Jimmy's house for him to abuse so this was self defense? It is all stupid lies Shirley. Let's just say Jimmy did beat up Marlin's mom (none of us believe that for a second) but wouldn't the right thing to do be call the police and report it? Not follow him to his house and murder him. Isn't self defense when you feel your life is in danger at that moment and the only way out is to kill or be killed? So he cannot really claim self defense when HE went to Jimmy's house and murdered him. He was not in danger and the appeals board will see that. Also wasn't Jimmy trying to get out? If he had a gun on him wouldn't he have just used it? Would you try to get out if you could just shoot the person in your home? He is a liar and his mom is a liar and they always try to blame the victim because they are cowards who think they can murder and then act like babies to get off. His reasons for appealing are all lies. He won't get it. Just hang in there. You know the truth and so do we. He was convicted with all those lies out there and he will be denied his appeal.

OMG it just never ends does it???? Why does this kind of stuff keep happening? Our lives have been torn apart enough as it is, why does the justice system keep letting them rip more of our heart and soul out!!!! I can't stand it everytime I see more crap like this that mom's have to go thru I feel like screaming. They should arrest that POS mother too! handcuff her and make her stand trial!!!! I'm so sick of it all, sick of what we go thru, sick of the loss of our babies and just tired and disgusted by this evil evil world!!!!

Kim
No Jim's hands were not tested they didn't feel it was necessary because there was no evidence what so ever that he had a gun or shot a gun. I now wish they had tested his hands proof positive. I sent a copy of the 50 pages of BS to my advocate and she told me she sent it on to Jill our DA. I have asked for feed back from them will let ya all know.
Love and Hugs
Big Jim's Mom

Bette
I feel the same we just keep getting kicked while we are down and it doesn't seem to stop. Who was there to protect our children's rights Oh yea I forgot they are gone now they have no rights. Just wish our angels could get an appeal but don't think that is going to happen. I really don't think this appeal will fly but if it happens to it would be great if the verdict turned out to be 1st degree and drunken mom gets hers too. Well I can hope can't I.
Love and Hugs
Big Jim's Mom

Well if they didn't check then a gun wasn't around and what was Jimmy supposed to have done? Fired at him then hide the gun real fast? What BS. I heard yesterday that (I forget who) is trying to get it where if someone refuses to sign up for health insurance then they will be taxed and if they refuse to pay the tax they can get 5 years in prison. (Maybe this is only in CA) anyway I was thinking so if you don't want insurance and don't pay the tax you can go to jail for 5 years and they were wanting to offer a plea to a murderer for manslaughter and manslaughter is only a 2, 3 or 4 year sentence? What the hell is wrong with that? More time to not have insurance then to kill someone? People wonder what is wrong with the world now. No one cares about human life that is what. When there are sentences for non violent things that are longer then taking a life something is wrong. Sorry, got off on a rant. Shirley, he will not be able to get an appeal.

Shirley, I hope with all my heart that they will deny the appeal and I believe they will but I hate that you now have to worry about this. It's bad enough your Jimmy was murdered and now you have to deal with this crap. I will keep you in my heart and thoughts. Love ya.

Kim
I hadn't heard that one what a joke, two guys here just got 6 years for growing and selling pot though now that is a real crime much worse than murder don't ya think? NOT Our Justice System needs to be revamped actually thrown out and started over. I can't believe people can go into court and lie out right but hear say evidence can not be heard. The liars need to be prosecuted no matter what it takes. I am sick of it all.
Hugs and much love
Big Jim's Mom

Thanks Darien love you too.

Hey Shirley,
I was reading the appeal and can't help wonder why a "choirboy" such as marlin would even have access to a gun. Someone who lived such an exemplary life style would never ever have thought of violence let alone had a gun and acted on it. What a bunch of crap. Maybe he could take his whiney ass crybaby story and put it with that %$#@ Carol Kent's pathetic coward of son and they could share notes on what upstanding citizens they are and what pieces of dirt the victims were. And how they must have deserved to die and of course they themselves decided it to happen at their own hands. They are sick and those who even consider their stories are just as sick. Luv ya...Laura & AV

I thought that the justice system was supposed to be to get justice for the person victimized. Why is our justice system to protect the rights of a criminal? Oh yeah because it is better to let 10 guilty men go free then incarcerate one innocent one. BULL!!!! The ONLY crime I can see that an innocent man may be found guilty is rape. Because there are some idiot women out there who WILL lie and I have heard them say that and they are the ones who are making the real victim's suffer. If a criminal has to resort to blaming the victim he is guilty. If facts alone cannot prove your innocence then you are guilty. Putting the victim's family through hell with your little games means you are guilty. More and more people are killing. They are getting younger every day. Why? Because there is no deterrent. Prisoners have no rights. THEY made the choice to commit a crime and they made a choice to give up their rights. They CHOSE. Then they got all cowardly and cried that they wanted their rights back. This has to stop. This has to change. If you kill someone you should pay for that. They didn't give out kids the time to appeal or ask that their right to live be honored. We cannot keep protecting criminals. When does it end?

Laura
Is that not the biggest bunch of BS you have ever read? The lies have gotten a bit bigger since the trial. All I wanted to know was the basis for the appeal I can't believe there are 50 pages of BS. Anyone in their right mind would never believe all that crap. And I get to wait up to a year to find out if it is going to fly. Just a little more INJUSTICE.
Love yas
Big Jim's Mom

Kim
I don't know where we could even start the injustice system is all over the United States of America. Guess we all need to have a sit in right out front of the White House. Sit there until someone listens or we get arrested the media would be all over that.
Love ya
Big Jim's Mom

So I checked the Attorney General's site and find that the response to the appeal won't be filed until 1/19/10 now I wait.
Love and Hugs
Big Jim's Mom

Dear Shirley
Sorry I guess I was snowed under from painkillers.I didn't know you were going through this.I am so sorry,just when you thought it was over.I wouldn't worry about it too much though,this Marlin doesn't stand a chance.The only good thing about an appeal would be that they would have to look at the mother again too right.She got away with murder!!!!Kim's right she should have called the police if she thought her life was in danger,not run right to it.Then she would have to show fake brusises of the alleged beating.Wonder why she didn't? So will the jury.I wish Judge Judy were presiding, the both of them would be jailed.It's just commom sense.Love ya girl keep us posted.(((((HUGS))))))

Seems like we spend a lot of tiem waiting. Waiting for them to decide we get justice and then waiting for them to let us have it when we get it. They think it is no big deal to wait. It kills us a little inside each time and they just don't get that. Sorry you have to wait again Shirley. :(