WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Loss of a Child

Loss of a Child (author Unknown)

The moment that I knew you had died,
My heart split in two,
The one side filled with memories,
The other died with you.

I often lay awake at night,
When the world is fast asleep,
And take a walk down memory lane,
With tears upon my cheek.

Remembering you is easy,
I do it every day,
But missing you is a heartache,
That never goes away.

I hold you tightly within my heart,
And there you will remain,
Life has gone on without you,
But it never will be the same.

For those who still have their children,
Treat them with tender care,
You will never know the emptiness,
As when you turn and they are not there.

Don't tell me that you understand,
don't tell me that you know.
Don't tell me that I will survive,
How I will surely grow.

Don't tell me this is just a test,
That I am truly blessed.
That I am chosen for the task,
Apart from all the rest.

Don't come at me with answers
That can only come from me,
Don't tell me how my grief will pass,
That I will soon be free.

Don't stand in pious judgment
Of the bonds I must untie,
Don't tell me how to grieve,
Don't tell me when to cry.

Accept me in my ups and downs,
I need someone to share,
Just hold my hand and let me cry,
And say, "My friend, I care."

Re: Loss of a Child

Wow,
This poem describes exactly how I have been feeling. It is really beautiful and touched me deeply for I know it all too well.

Dear Kay
Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem,the words speak for itself,on our life long journey of pain.Love and God Bless

Wow...this sums up exactly how I feel. Thanks Kay for sharing.

Kay
Beautiful this poem says it all.
Love "N" Hugs
Big Jim's Mom

omg...now im crying again...thank you for sharing...finally somebody said what ive been feeling

I thought this poem speaks for itself. I have it posted on another webpage and go there to read it when I have a really 'bad' day, which has been alot lately.
I am still here putting one foot in front of the other, even when I get knocked back three for every one step I take.
I acknowledge all the MOMs on this site have/or will go through such days, because of our love for our child. To the 'newer' MOMs I just hope this helps to know we are not alone!

luv 2 u all
Kay

Dear Kay
Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem,I send all my love... Terry

Exactly. I wonder who wrote that? Thank you for sharing.
Yvonne

Kay, Thank you for sharing, I stop bye once in awhile to check on the moms, it is nice to see an old friend here,I hope you are finding peace, I know that half a heart is all we have to work with, and one day at a time seems to be working for me. God Bless You Kay, and God keep Joshua always. Jackie Tommy's momma

OMG!!! This is exactly how I have felt since that awful phone call on June 3, 2007. I'm so tired of people telling me that Jody died for a reason and I will be okay in time. How does a mother ever get over losing a child, especially to murder??? This poem is so true and thank you so much for sharing it.

Perfect poem at the perfect time.

WOW. That is so so true. I had to share this with my sister who lost her son to suicide 9 years ago. Our family has seen 2 of our sons gone now. We are trying to save her Christopher who uses drugs to cope with his brothers lose and now his cousin, my son's death.
thanks for sharing that.

So true, so sad.

Thanks for sharing. I might copy this and put it on his website.

Bette
Timmy's mom

I am glad to know this poem helped some along this road. I am sorry I have not been very communicative lately. My 83yo stepdad was shot 12-28-09 in Memphis during an attempted robbery. He is still in ICU and they say his age is working against him. They had to put a cholostomy bag on him Tuesday and are keeping him sedated to allow him to rest and heal. I just have been overwhelmed with anger and his shooting brought back unwelcome memories of my Josh's shooting. I am also saddened to see all the 'new' MOMs that have found this site, but hopefully as it was for me, it will be a lifesaver. I do continue to check in most days, just don't want to be negative in my comments due to my personal family situation. I pray the New Year will bring much deserved peace to all.

luv ya
Kay

Kay,
OMG we are so sorry to hear that. That is awful how evil the world is getting and how we are victimized over and over again. Have we not suffered enough already? Our thoughts and prayers are with you and thanks for sharing the poem with us. Laura & AV

I am so sorry to hear about your step dad. My prayers are with you and your family. Thank you so much for posting the poem. I put it on Cindy's website.