WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
omg

My son, Mark was murdered 4 years ago. He was shot and bled to death in a hospital. The man who shot him pleaded down to involuntary manslaughter and spent less than 2 years in prison. His sentance was originaly 18mo to 4 years. The killer is a long time drug addict, my son was helping to get off drugs.

I work hard every day to accept what has happened. Legally I can do nothing more. Moraley I am at a loss. I grew up believing murder is the worst crime possible. Grown up reality is so different. Murder is a minor crime in the U.S.

I really don't want to live in the U.S. anymore. This country is violent. This country is ugly. I just really want to die and join my baby boy.

Re: omg

I do understand how you are feeling, it seems like I hear this all the time, how so many mom's here don't get the justice they should. Our children should never have been killed no one has the right to take the life of another and then they don't get punished for it? My son's trial is not for over a year now and I'm so afraid something will happen. It scares me when I read all the stories, 2 years???? how is this??? There is so much violence anymore I don't understand where it's coming from, how has things gotten this bad?? Some days I wish I could just join Timmy too, I miss him so much it hurts so bad. I go on for my other boys. I don't know how, but I do. I cry every day, sometimes I wonder where I get all these tears from.

Just try to hold on. He will get his, God's wrath is worse than man's.

Bette
timmy's mom

Seems like murder is just comon place anymore they get more time for attempted murder because their victim is there to speak up. I just can not understand these short sentences and murderers getting out early for good time. There are so many days I feel like I want to be with Jimmy and would be glad to go.
Keeping you in my thoughts and in my heart.
Jim's Mom
Shirley

I am so sorry for your loss. Trust me, I know all too well about the "injustice system". My son Jeremy was murdered April 25th of this year. I had to go to Texas last week for the grand jury hearings. We have been told from the very beginning that this was an open and shut case and there was NO way this man would not be indicted on murder in the firt degree. What a joke that turned out to be!! The grand jury "no billed" the case which means basically, he walked off scott free. He was not charged at all. We have gotten nothing but injustice from beginning to end. I am right there with you......just know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

It seems as though since our children are no longer alive, then they have no rights and all the rights belong to the murderer. If my son was paralyzed - Wow, that would probably be a better story and gain more sympathy. But no, my son is dead so let's worry about the one alive - the murderer. When I watch TV it seems as though people are in prison for far less than murder. Attempted murderers get more time than the murderer.
The world has gone insane in my opinion.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It seems as if our system should be called the injustice system. I too have wanted to die and be with Keara but I know I have to be here for her children and my other children and grandchildren although some days I feel as if I don't care. I have no words except to just continue to put one foot in front of the other when you can. Also some of go into the chat room in the evenings and it is a good place to get support and understanding from other Moms. Hope to see u there.

People DO go to prison longer for other crimes. Stealing someones THINGS can get you longer then taking a LIFE. The justice system is wrong and they tell you that it is the best we have. Well it isn't good enough and if this is the best we have we should be ashamed.

It is so very sad to think that a person's life has such little value anymore.Posessions more important than a human life? That is just plain sick and infuriating.We can't buy our children back.Maybe when the judge's, lawyers and jurors lose someone they love to murder then the system will be corrected.It's funny that a juror is asked if they have lost someone to murder and if they have they usually aren't picked.They wouldn't want any sympathy for the victim's or their families.Murder has become so commonplace that the world seems numb to it anymore.So sad but true.We have gone from stoning to crucifying, to hanging, to the gas chamber, to lethal injection, to waiting out your sentence on death row.There is no fear in the murderers because the punishment is nothing.A cot, three squares,education,excercise, conjugal visits.Never mind those who know the sytem so well that they know they will only get a minimal sentence.This country is so warped regarding the justice system they would do well to look at other countries whose murder rate is lower.In Saudia Arabia if you are caught stealing your hand is cut off.I'm not sure what the punishment for killing someone is but I'd like to think that they execute the same justice that the killer gave their victim.I still don't understand why some cities in the United States hold different punishments either.I thought it was One Nation under God.Love and God Bless to you and the MOMS