WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HE GOT OFF SCOTT FREE

I am in complete and total shock. The grand jury decided NOT to indict him.
They said it was self defense because my son had kicked at his front door........I am so ****** right now I can't even think straight. The district attorney said that after he shot my son, he went outside and spit on my son and said that is what you get m..... f..... for messing with me........I will give more details when /if I make it home........my heart is broken.........can someone please help me? This can't be over........he can't be free...........how do I tell my grandson that the man that murdered his daddy didn't get in trouble for killing him......

Re: HE GOT OFF SCOTT FREE

Alisa...That is such bull####. The POMC site has people who will investigate your case to give you their opinions and options on what you might be able to do. You need to go there and see what they say. I am not sure as we don't have the grand jury here but once the charges are not upheld they always have the right to recharge them if they find more evidence. Its called a second opinion. Have you talked to the DA about what he plans on doing next? Does he need more evidence, etc. here is the link for POMC
http://www.pomc.com/sos.cfm I am so sorry this is so wrong. Laura & AV

If the grand jury refuses to return an indictment, can the prosecutor come back and try again, or is that barred by double jeopardy?
Double jeopardy does not apply to the grand jury. In practice, however, it is uncommon for a prosecutor, having failed once, to try again without good reason. The Department of Justice requires the prosecutor to obtain permission of the Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division to present the case again.
I would definitely talk to POMC and the DA Alisa when you get a chance. Laura & AV

All I know for certain is that they said in Texas it's either murder or self defense and according to the testimony given by witnesses, my son continued to kick at the guys door even after he opened the door and showed him the gun. So they said the castle doctrine applied which is basically self defense. However, there was another young man there with my son and after he was shot, he tried to render aid to my son. He went to him and checked his pulse and tried to start cpr and the killer put the gun to his head and told him to leave him the f alone or he would kill him too. Another witness then stepped up and tried to render aid to my son and the killer put the gun to his head and told him the same thing. The killer's neighbor finally talked him into putting the gun down. He then called 911 and when the police got there, the killer went to reach behind his back and they put guns to his head. I'm trying to get the police report but it may take me a few days they said it's over 250 pages. They did release my son's personal effects to me and I don't think they would have done that if they were going to try and do anything else about the murder. I am furious ....
I had seen that second opinion thing on pomc and I do plan on checking into it. The D.A. just asked me to wait just a little while so I think that they are working on something concerning the other two people he pulled the gun on or something. I really don't know what is going on yet and he said he was not at liberty to say anything right now but for me to call him next week and he would be able to let me know what is going on.

What a bunch of crap!! Don't give up there has to be something that can be done. Definitely contact POMC and I'll bet the DA has a back up plan. We can not sit back and let this kind of crap continue we have to get our stories out there!!!!!! Ladies the only ones who will get our stories out in the public eye is us we have to find a way. WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!!
Alisa I am keeping you in my heart and in my thoughts.
We are all here for you.
Jim's Mom
Shirley

OMG I don't even know what to say. I'm sitting here dumbfounded! with tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry, but I agree with everyone else keep fighting, freaking go after him fro wrongful death or something!!!! Freaking makes me sick to my stomach to hear this kind of stuff, why does this happen? I don't get it, I just don't know what to say. I send you many hugs and prayers, get in touch with POMC hope they can help.

my prayers go out to you mom don't give up yet the da's got something keep praying. god is good.........always hugssss joann hubert mom./

Dear Alisa
I don't know the law in Texas,but I have heard even if a burglar goes into your house to rob you,if you shoot him it doesn't mean that you had the right and can be charged.Just kicking at a door gives this guy the right to shoot him?? If Jeremy wasn't carrying a weapon I don't know how a fight gives this guy the right to shoot him? And because I read that the door was closed when he shot him the other guy was already out of "harms way".How does this make it self defense? How disrespectful of him to spit on him.There must be charges in the making for the other witnesses who he pulled a gun on also.Did he have a permit to have the gun? I would make your DA look into all of this.But the most important is if the door was closed and he shot him through the door how did he fear for his life to make this a self defense issue.I am just reading what the news wrote of this.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.Love and God Bless and continue to fight for your son's justice!!!

Alisa , I just now found out Shirley told me ..I am so sorry for you ...You've already been through enough then you get this shocking news..the system is so crazy ....I can't believe they said it was self defense ...I am here for you if you want to talk..I'll keep you in my prayers ..love you

I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say. The man who shot my son served 20 months...20 months for taking the life of a GOOD young man. MURDER is a minor crime these days.

i cant believe that animal got of scott free it is pathetic every dog has its day and some how he will get his.love to u and yr family xxx

i think its an outrage..the girl that shot my jeremy did only 1 year for killing him and 4 for using a gun...what has happened to our justice system...like i said, its just an outrage...

One time I am ashamed of Texas. I pray that the DA is doing something. Laws should not protect a criminal. This couldn't have been self defense. You don't shoot through a door at an unarmed man for self defense. Don't give up. Contact POMC and see if they can help.

Darien has tried to call for me and see if the main lady will talk to me but as far as I know she has heard nothing back from her yet. It's been 5 months today and I have been so overwhelmed with these four grandkids here that I didn't even realize it until just a few moments ago. Now I feel bad for not remembering........how could I have not realized? What is wrong with me.

Dear Alisa There is nothing wrong with you. I believe God distracts us from the pain and hurt as best He can.Your 4 grandchildren need you and you know that is the most important thing right now.Don't beat yourself up over dates.Our children's dates are every day of our lives since they've been gone.Sending you lots and lots of hugs.(((((((HUGS))))))).God Bless

Alisa, I am so sorry that ******* got off according to man's law but in the end God's law will prevail. I am in totally shock that they could do this to you but be assured that it's not over God will paid him for what he has done. I know I don't have the words to comfort you and there is nothing I can say to make it right, but I feel your frustration, he should not be allow to walk free after what he has done to your son and the legal system in this country is (excuse my french) **** UP! And know this he didn't get of scott free because God will punish him for what he has done. You are in my prays and I am so sorry you had to endure that. Call me anytime. Love you
Audrey