WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
E Mail I sent to the president

Don't know if I will get a response or not but what the heck. What do you think of this message?

I am the mother of a murdered child, I found on the web a group of mothers (Mothers of murdered sons and daughters) these ladies are all going through the same pain as I am. We are all very discouraged by our so called justice system it seems here in the United States more and more murderers are getting only a slap on the wrist for taking a life. It is an outrage when a murderer gets out of prison after only spending five years. It is an outrage when a murderer is given another 180 days in a mental institution and the courts aren't even notified of the decision. It is an outrage when a person gets three years probation for murder. It is an outrage when I consider myself as one of the lucky ones because the murderer of my son got a sentence of 40 to life + 8. It is an outrage when murders have all the rights and our children that have been murdered have NONE.
Since I joined this group of MOMS I have seen sentences of 7 years 5 years 10 years. We MOMS have been sentenced to LIFE where is the justice in all of this? This is something that needs to be looked into, we MOMS believe the only deterrent will be swifter and harsher sentences for murder.
Shirley Silva
Mom to angel Jimmy

Thought this might be a good start and thought that if we bombarded the president with e mails we might get a response. What do you all think?
Love "N" Hugs
Jim's Mom

Re: E Mail I sent to the president

Very good e-mail. I will do the same. It is hard to feel so helpless to change things, but at the same time I think change can happen if pursued. Squeaky wheel.....we just need more squeaky voices. Jill

I would also suggest attaching a picture of your loved one, so they put a face to the name. I think it is a great idea, what can it hurt. I am so sick of this 'judicial' system that does NOTHING!

Count me in squeakers. :) It can't hurt and we have to do something. We have to be our children's voice now.

Good for you Shirley. I hope the president reads itand that it will have an impact. I am going to write a letter also and include that a lot of these people who have killed our children have been in prison for violent crimes and then let out on the street to kill which was what happened in Keara's case. I will also be glad to get people to sign a petition and of course sign it myself

ok...i wrote one...but now how do i send it?
i dont know how to put it in here without having to rewrite it so if you want to read it let me know and i'll email it to you

Julie
Just copy and paste to the message board. I just typed in President Obama and got a web site for the President there is a place there where you can type your e mail and send it. You can also copy what you have written and paste it in the e mail spot on the presidents web site.

Love "N" Hugs
Jim's Mom

ok moms...heres my letter to the president

Dear Sir,
On March 16,2004, in Reno, Nevada, my youngest son was shot in the back and killed by his girlfriend (Shawna Ohara)...For no other reason but that he was breaking up with her. His name was Jeremy, he was 17 years old. She was 30. They led us to believe that she was only 20. We were against him seeing her. But, he LOVED her.
When she killed him she spent six months in jail awaiting a trial, that for some reason never came. She was sentenced to 4 1/2 to 16 years in prison. She did 1 year for murdering my son (and destroying our lives). She also did 5 years for using a gun in the crime. I m not sure how she got away with all of the other charges.

For instance:
1. There were drugs in the house (possesion)
2. Her 3 year old son was in the back room at the time of the shooting (child endangerment.)
3. The gun was stolen (theft)
4. It was stolen a week before the shooting (premeditation)
5. Possesion of an unregistered firearm
6. She lied to the officers about what happened (changed her story 5 times)
7. The police were not called for at least 2 hours after the shooting (I'll never know how long my baby boy layed there, or if he cried for me to help him)

In the district attorneys office (the morning of the sentencing) I was guarenteed a sentence of no less than 25 to life. I have no idea what happened between 9 am that morning and 11 am the same morning. But somehow, it was reduced to not much more than a slap on her wrist.
On May 21, 2009 she was granted parole. On Sept 16,2009 (exactly 5 1/2 years after my sweet Jeremy was jerked away from us) she will be released from prison. She will be permitted to start her life over. My son won't get that chance. He's gone forever. And his only crime was to fall in love with a monster.
My life has been a nightmare since the loss of my baby. I dream about him every night and I wake up crying every morning.
I have become a member of a support group online. It's called M.O.M.S. (Mothers of Murdered Sons and daughters).
On this website I have met many mothers going through the same pain that I go through each day. I've noticed that the majority of these mothers have been slapped in the face by our (so called) justice system.
I was raised to trust that our laws were made to protect us. I always thought that criminals would go to prison to serve a sentence according to their crime. Well I've seen people go to prison for life for robbing banks. They get sentenced to 10 years for drug charges. Then why did this monster only do 1 year for taking a precious life? She got more time for using a gun than she did for murdering my son.
I feel a terrible injustice has been given to our family. We are not well to do. We aren't even characterized is middle class. We get by paycheck to paycheck. I think we should have been treated better by the courts. Our pain is as real is if it had been someone who could pay for big time attorneys.
I understand that you are a very busy man. But I feel that someone needs to look into the justice system. And the rights of the victims and their families. We need to be recognised as victims as well. Our lives will never be the same. We are sentenced to a life of heartache and nightmares. We don't get a chance to start over (like nothing ever happened). We feel that murderers should be sentenced to life no matter who or how they kill.
Thank you for your time. And please, think about this. I trust you will come up with some sort of solution to this outrage.

Sincerely,
Julie Dinkens
Mother of Jeremy Earl Dinkens

I wont mail it til I get some kind of feedback from you guys...is it too long...am I rambling...does it make any sense at all???

Julie
Hit the send tab you did a great job with the email.
I would sure like to see more of them posted.
WE MOMS HAVE TO START SCREAMING OF THE INJUSTICE!!
Love "N" Hugs
Jim's Mom

Hi Shirley,
Your letter pretty much says it all. I wish I had confidence that we could make an impact and get attention. We do have to try and do whatever we can. Just like the people that come through for us in life, that are so unexpected, so might those who step up to help us in our battles for justice. Luv n' Hugs..Laura & AV