WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grand Jury Cancelled

So much for the District Attorney keeping in touch with me. I drove all the way to Texas to be in town for the Grand Jury and it was supposed to have been this last monday and tuesday. I went to the D.A.'s office Tuesday morning to turn in my victim impact statement and the paperwork for the victim's compensation fund and was informed that they had put it off until August! I was upset to say the least. That is just two more months that the killer gets to roam free while I have to live without my son and his sister and brother's have to live without their brother and his children are without their daddy..........the wheels of justice turn way too slow and that is just wrong!!!!

Re: Grand Jury Cancelled

Hi so sorry about your son, and sorry we all have to meet this way. I'm not familiar with what happened do you have a memorial page for your son? Can you post the link? They really should have told you before you travelled all the way there. My son was murdered on 7/13/2007 they did not make an arrest until 14 months later, we are still going thru the status hearings. My son's case is a double homicide so I know it may take longer than most, but it still is unbearable. It's been 9 months since the arrests, my baby's angelversary is in less than a month and it will be 2 years. I still cannot believe it's been 2 years. Some days I even wonder if it will even make me feel any better because it won't bring my son back. It's so hard to deal with the pain every day. There are many great mom's here, we are all here for each other. It does help to talk and get things out, I'd be lost without my mom friends.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Dear Alisa
I am so sorry at the outcome you were thrown re Jeremy's court proceedings.More goes wrong than right with court which I will never understand.My son Nicky was murdered March 31 2008 and we were told last week that the trial date will be June,7,2010.We were the only ones there.No defense attorneys or even our own DA bothered to show up.So much for caring about my son's murder.We are really the only ones who care.Keep a close watch on everything that either side does as they tell you not to bother going to the hearings because nothing really happens,but I have found that to be totally false.We have found that certain charges were not listed and certain ones were dropped with no explanation to us his family,you can get this information thru the computer looking up the docket number of the offender.Nanci let me in on this.One of Nicky's murderers is still running around free which kills me.There were 3 altogether.I feel for you as your pain is still so raw,and we are expected to be fully aware of court proceedings like we have done this before.Many,many hugs to you as you go through this never ending process.Love and God Bless

Alisa,
I find it so repulsive that the murderer has all the rights and the victims have nothing. The victim can no longer speak for themselves so they have no rights. Heaven forbid you step on a murderers rights. What is this world coming to? Will keep you in my prayers.

Alisa,
It seems that the victims and their families are forgotten when it comes to court proceedings. I do have to say here in my county of Mendocino Ca. we were kept up to date on everything that was happening and I am so very thankful for that. But when it came to the trial we found the same thing the murderer had all the rights and my murdered child had none. I feel like our justice system is broken and needs to be fixed when murderers can get bail or get only a few years for what they have done to me it seems to say go ahead and murder if someone makes you mad all you will get is a slap on the wrist anyway.
Know that we are all here for you anytime you need to vent and when you have those thoughts that make you think you are crazy well just ask us cause we been there and done that. I have found so much comfort with all the moms here I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found this site.
Love "N" Hugs
Jim's Mom
Shirley