WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New here

How I wish I were not a member of this group, but unfortunately I am. My oldest son, Samuel was shot and killed on May 23, 2009 while helping a girl who was getting beat up. He was only 19. I have good days and bad days, today is one of the bad. I just received my sons death certificate. I never thought I would read the words homicide and multiple gunshot wounds associated with my son. I am trying to hold it together because I have 3 other boys, ages 18, 10 and 7, but every day it's a struggle to keep going. Some days I just stay in bed and cry. I know time heals, but it hurts so much right now.....

Re: New here

We, as moms, are sorry that you are now part of this group too. We are sorry about your son..he was a most handsome young man. You have come to a good place where others will understand what you are going through and be there for you. Many, if not all, the moms here feel the same way---We don't know where we would be without the friendships/sisterhood from MOMS. Once again we are so sorry for the loss of your son. Luv n' Hugs...Laura & AV

We are all very sorry to have another member and sad to say, we know how you feel. I am so very very sorry for you loss. Please know that this site and the MOMs can be a great source of support.

Isaida
I am so sorry for your loss we all know what you are going through and sure wish it wasn't happening to you. Just know you are not alone you have all of us to lean on.
Hugs Jim's Mom
Shirley

I just wanted to let you know that I am so, so sorry for your loss. I just lost my son April 25, 2009 so I am new to the website as well. I can tell you that in the short time I have been here, I have gotten much needed support from the wonderful people here. I will be praying for you. If you need to vent, I am here for you.

Isaida,
I am so sorry for your loss. I am Shirley's little sister. I want to let you know how much all of these ladies have done for my sister. I know without them she wouldn't be doing as good as she is. These ladies are one big family. I will be praying for you and your family. God bless you and may your son rest in peace.

Dear Isaida
Like the other MOMS here I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son Samuel.Your grief is still so raw.I didn't find this site till about 7 months after my son died.It has been a lifeline for me.I will tell you,I have been able to get to the point of taking care of the mundane things in life we are faced with,but it never will be the same again,I'm sorry to report.I was told I have other children that need me and grandkids,but I didn't care.I felt my life was over.Then one day after a big hug and kiss from my grandson and an "I love you mom-mom" my husband turned to me and said you gotta live on, what would he do if you weren't here anymore? Something inside just clicked and I thought you're right.I need to hang on for him and the others.This was only last month and my son died March 31 2008.So you see the process is slow,but you'll make it girl.I pray alot and have found my comfort in this and the MOMS that are the only ones who know what I am going through.Many, Many hugs to you and your family.I hope Samuel's brothers are coping as best they can.Trying to help them when I couldn't help myself was the biggest hurdle.I pray you find strength for this tremendous task.God Bless

I'm so sorry for your loss and yes sorry we all have to had met this way. I can't say it any better than the other mom's here. I found that talking and being a part of this wonderful group of moms has kept me sane. I also have 3 boys, my youngest son Timmy was 15 when he was shot and killed along with a friend of my oldest son. It will be 2 years next month on 7/13 and the pain is still unbearable. I've kept going for my other boys, I look at them and think you have to stay strong for them, when they are out I sob uncontrollably I try not to let them see me like that. There are days they know, they see it in my eyes, they ask me are you ok mom? what's the matter mom? I say I'm ok, just thoughts again, or I'm just feeling sad today. They know, they hurt too. It's not fair, why this has to be, I wish I had the answers to help but know you are not alone. Finding this site and becoming close to many of the moms here has saved me many times.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

I am akso so sorry for your loss and that you now have to be a member of this club that none of us wants to belong to. I know that you will find some comfort to at least talk to others that do understand your pain. Join us in the chat room in the evening if you feel like it. It is a good place to connect with other Moms.Much love to you.

Isaida,
I am Jimmy's Aunt and I just want to express my deepest sympathies to you and yours. Murder of a loved one is one of the hardest things anyone can go through. If there is anyway I can help let me know. God Bless You all.

I, too, am so very sorry for your loss...It's been 5 years for me. My Jeremy was 17, and he was shot and killed by his girlfriend...Sometimes it seems like just yesterday, but then there are days when I feel 100 years old and it seems like it was sooo long ago. But,if you have to go thru this kind of tragedy, this is the best place to be. These moms know when you need a hug or if you just need to vent...Never be afraid to say what you feel...It helps alot to get some of the weight off your shoulders...I know I wouldnt have made it this far had it not been for M.O.M.S..Once again I'd like to offer my most sincere condolenses to you, and welcome you with open arms.

Isaida,I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.He is so handsome.I lost my 17 year old son Andre' 20 months ago.He is the oldest of 6 children. I don't know what I would do without the great moms here they are wonderful.I always tell new moms here that I am sorry that you need us but, glad you found us!Their is not a thought or feeling that you have or will have that we can't relate to.We are here always for each other and you our new sister/mom!
Prayers to youand your family,
Vickie

Isaida:

I, like all the other moms here am sorry for the loss of your son, as we all unfortunately know, there is no loss like the loss of your child. We all now all in this together and we are here for you. Throw what ever you need to at us and I'm sure one of us will have had the same or similar experience.

Take one minute at a time and don't expect too much from yourself.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

Isaida,
it is a good thing you found this group. These are the best people, most caring, and fully understand what you are facing and will face in the future. I am so sorry for your loss of Samuel. He is a very handsome young man. He is also a courageous young man to come to a young girls rescue. I am 4 years into my grief now and have come to hate the month of June, (the month he was born and killed). I just wanted to offer my condolences in your horrendous loss to you and your family. Remember grief is a process not a one-time event.

I am always sad to see another MOM have to join us but glad that the ones who do find us. I am sorry about your child. You have come to a place that you can feel your grief and get support.