WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
she made parole!!!!

theres nothing else to say...shawna ohara made parole...my son is dead and she has done 5 years... she will be released on sept 16,2009. thats exactly 5 years from the date of the sentencing...im shaking so bad i cant see straight...what are they thinking? what is the world coming to? do u realize what kind of messaage this sends out...it tells people that if they shoot and kill someone, they will only do 5 years in prison...that means they will get off scott free...omg..i am devistated..i am in total shock...i feel like someone has kicked me while i was down...before my son was murdered i had a life, a laugh, a personality, and a sense of humor...all that died with him..now im nothing more than a lump...and she is about to hit the streets again...they are turning her out so she can victimize another young man..i guess all i can do now is cry...and revert further into this darkness that has become my home.

Re: she made parole!!!!

I am so sorry, I have no other words to give you that will comfort you and I am indeed sorry for that. Please, Love your self and just remember that loving child that you gave birth to and remember, Pay back is a ***** and she will get hers. Not now or maybe not soon but she will.
Again I am so sorry
Frances
Jr's Mom

Julie, I am so sorry to hear she is getting out. My sisters have told me about this and it makes me sick to think she is going to have a life when your son will never have his back and you will live the rest of your life without him. My heart goes out to you and I will pray for you. God Bless.

Julie,
I am so sorry this is two in one day I have heard of that such a light sentence--bank robbers get more time-- today that there is no deterrent to murder these days and then they wonder why the murder rate is so high and why the murders don't even care when they get caught. Lisa's killer is right where he wanted to be, where they wouldn't put him he killed my daughter and now they are accomodating him. I am afraid the month he spent in jail waiting to be evaluated could be the only time he ever spends in jail as they don't seem too concerned about keeping him in there instead of moving him back to jail where he belongs. But I will be on them til the day I die if necessary to get justice for Lisa as all these injustices make me sick. Watching what the moms go through trying to pick up the pieces while the killers get a slap on the wrist. I am so sorry Julie. Laura & AV

Julie, there are no words to relay my disgust over this. I am so sorry. I can't believe this is happening over & over again. Just maybe she will violate her parole quickly and go back where she belongs.

I am so sorry to hear this, but not surprised. The system does not seem to place any value on a live. I found out on Thursday that my son's murderer will be pleaing down to involuntary manslaughter and will received 3 years probation - no jail time. It is insane. These murderers not only stole a life, but now our children no longer have any rights in death.

Dear Julie It isn't Sept yet isn't there anything that can be done about keeping her in? Letters to the judge or parole board? Even if not, draft a letter or get help to draft one and we moms will sign it.We will let them know how disgusted we all are that they think so nonchalantly of our loss.I am so outraged at the irresponsibility of this parole board.Were you able to attend it,didn't your say about it come into play at all? Please get back to us about the letter,if you have the strength.Many,Many hugs to you sweet Julsky (((((((((((hugs))))))))))).Love you and God Bless

Julie, no words can express how sorry I am to hear this. It just makes me sick. it just recomfirms my thoughts on the so called justice system. I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better but I have no good advice. I would be absolutely furious and disgusted. Our legal system is broken and they never seem to learn. It's so sad. I will try to call you soon. I love you.

Julie I am so sorry, I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. I know I'd be a mess, disgusted and just angry!!! I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry, why is it that our children get no justice it seems, that these POS's have so much more rights, this is not like they stole something, they KILLED someone, someone's child, I don't understand how this can happen. I hope there is some way you can write letters or do a petition or something, Don't you get to go to these parole hearings? I just don't understand how someone only gets 5 years for taking someone's life, I hear people getting five years for selling drugs for God's sake but for killing someone, OMG it's just disgusting. I keep you in my prayers and so sorry this had to happen, I just don't know what to say.

Sending you lots of hugs.
Bette
Timmy's mom

Julie,
What a pile of crap!!!!!! I don't know what we can do but we moms need to unite and take a stand. This crap is an outrage!! Seems like there should be some way for us to get all this out and let the people of the U.S. know of the injustices we all suffer.
Sorry just doesn't cut it and 5 years for murder is insane!
Love and Hugs
Jim's Mom

Jill,
Another pile of crap I just can not believe what the system puts us moms through. My Jimmy got more jail time for doing a wheelie on the highway than some of these *******s are getting for murder. This is just crazy if we don't stand up and start screaming no one else will do it for us. I am so sorry this is just so unfair.
Love and Hugs
Jim's Mom
Shirley

Julie, I just saw this. I am just sick to my stomach. We don't get our children back in 5 years so why should she get her freedom back in 5 years. I am so disgusted with the justice system. It should be called the injustice system. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this on top of everything else. They wanted to offer Weston a plea too. We were told that they would take our thoughts into account but ultimately it is THEIR decicision. Thank God his dad wouldn't let him take the deal. I was so glad to hear that he wouldn't be taking the deal. Now we just have to wait some more. Wait and pray. I pray daily that there will be justice for her.
If there is anything that can still be done let me know. I will write a letter if you need one. It is WRONG that these people can take our children and get slapped on the wrist. I want my daughter back more then anything. Where is the judge that will parole her?

thank you so much kim for offering to help...im not real sure what can be done at this point...i guess my mother in law is working on some sort of trial..because she was never tried...therefore she still can be...not sure if that will work either... but we can only hope.

I'm so sorry this happened. What was her sentence?
I really don't know too much about how it works. How can anybody get 5 years for murder? So does that mean I can go kill soeone and be out in 5 years? Cause I know someone I'd love to wack right now. Heck it would be worth it to me? I'm sorry that was ugly but, it just does not seem right, something must be wrong. I think I would be waiting for her at the gate. We would have to tango for a while. Her hair, my fist! Oh heck yeah!
Hang in there girl maybe another lawyer can help.
xoxo
pw

Julie if she was not tried for his murder then do everything you can to try to get her charged. Murder has no time limit. If you are going for other things then make sure the statute of limitations hasn't run out and tell me if there is anything I can do to help. Love you lady.