WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Mother's Day

My day started early I couldn't sleep first thing on my mind naturally was Jim. Got up got my coffee and went to his memorial site I sat and cried for a long time looking at the pictures and reading all the candles. Then heard a knock on my door my neighbor's grandson standing there with a long stemmed pink rose. So I decided to get myself together and go out to work in Jim's garden, I had been working for about half an hour when my niece and her husband came over Jamie my niece started helping work in the gardens and Kevin put Jim's memorial bench up and his marker. Later we were sitting just looking at how nice everything was starting to look when another of Jim's buddies came over and in his hand was a dozen long stemmed pink roses. My sister Sharon was there and she said "Boy Jim is really working these guys today".
A little while later my granddaughter's mom called to say she and Sandra wanted to come and visit for awhile when they got here Sandra had a baby rose bush for me the roses are white and pink. While we were visiting April and Alyssa (Jim's girlfriend and her daughter) came they had a new vanilla candle for me (my favorite). Then came Jim's Buddie Tony and his wife they brought me a bouquet of flowers white and pink. What started as a real crummy day it did get better and I do believe Jim had a hand in it.
Love and Hugs
Jim's Mom

Re: My Mother's Day

Hey Shirley I'm really happy to hear that your day turned out to be a pretty decent day. It's good to hear this. I hate to say but my day was very sad and depressing. My oldest son really did try to make things nice for me, and I was happy that I did get to speak to my other son who is in basic training, but other than that I was extremely saddened by the whole day in itself, just deep down inside of me. It felt like an emptiness that I cannot even explain, a part of me missing, my soul looking for something that it cannot find.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Oh Jimmy James really wanted you to know he was there. Not to take away from the people who cared enough to bring you gifts. If the love for you was not there Jimmy could not have nudged them to remember you on Mother's Day. Love Ya Sis.......

Dear Shirley I am so glad that your day was filled with the love of others who also miss your Jimmy.Flowers for me remind of the beauty that life still holds.Our children were little buds that we nutured and cared for and they blossomed.I never really planted many things because I live in the city and am surrounded by concrete.I have no grass in front or in back just a tree that the city planted ,but I took that tiny square of dirt and made a little memorial garden for Nicky.I cherish this little bit of beauty because every time I water or tend to it I feel like I am caring for him.It may seem a little thing to others but to me it's a feeling of renewal.I am determined that his beauty will live on for all to see if just in the planting of a garden in his honor.We all feel helpless to bring our children back,this is just one way that I feel I have control over the situation.When a flower dies or is ripped out by some uncaring person walking by,I get to replant it,so it can live on.So blossom and live on children,for I imagine your beautiful faces in every flower I see.Lots of Love and hugs to you Shirley and all the other MOMS out there

Dear Bette I am so glad that you got to talk to Matt on Mother's Day.God Bless Joey's heart for trying the best he could to salvage some of the day.We'll never get the feeling back again like when we had all our children to celebrate this day with us,but it is the little things that our other children or friends do to compensate that I am thankful for.It is not just my day but theirs too to honor us.Next mothers day I am going to allow those who want to help me on that day to do so.I vow to embrace it and their love,instead of shutting down and feeling miserable.That's not to say that I won't be sad but I'm going to try to turn that sadness around,after all we all know our children were with us that day.God Bless you sweet Bette Love ya

Bette
I am so sorry you had such a bad day, you are so right when you say a part of us is missing and we will never get it back. I to was sad all day but knowing so many cared enough to come by did help. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family and to have Jim's friends care so much.
Love and Hugs
Shirley

Barb
The garden large or small is for your Nicky and he knows how much you love him and he is so proud of you. I have always been a gardening person not that they always turn out how I would like but I keep trying. I do feel like I am caring for my Jim when I work in his garden. All his friends would always gather at my house to play, then when they got older it was me who would take them out to the hills to ride their dirt bikes. Then when they got even older it would be my house with a dozen street bikes parked out front while they were in my living room watching videos of all the tricks they had just been out learning. Now that I have his bench and marker up I am sure I will find them out front visiting with him. My son was loved by so many even the guys say "I loved that guy". We can all be proud of our angels because they each and everyone of them touched the lives of so many.
Love "N" Hugs
Shirley