WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
angel recipes

Dear Moms
A couple of us were in chat last night and you know how we always bring up food and everyone then starts getting hungry well we thought since everyone is from a different state we could start a recipe naming the receipe after our angels.This could be appetizer,soups,main course,vegetarian,and desserts personally my favorite.Well I'll start off

Nicky's Heavenly Nacho dip
Ingredients:

1) small curd cottage cheese -16 oz container low moisture
2)2 small tomatoes
3)1-1/2 cups of lettuce
4)1 pkg of taco seasoning 1.25 oz
5)1 pkg cream cheese
6)2-3 cups of shredded orange cheddar cheese(16 oz bag)
7)1 bag of nacho's or scoops (works better for scooping)
Optional- 1 small onion
Directions
Cut up the tomatoes and onion into small pieces set aside
shred the lettuce set aside
In large bowl mix with your hands sofentened cream cheese and small curd cottage cheese and taco seasoning and form into a ball.Make sure you mix these well
Use a large round serving dish and put the ball
in the middle
Next pour your cut lettuce tomatoes and onion on top of the ball letting it spill over a little
then sprinkle the cheese on top of all
lastly place nachos around ball
I guarantee it will be the hit of the party
P.S. Don't tell anyone there is cottage cheese in it they will never know,unless they ask for the recipe LOL Enjoy!!
Love Barb

Re: angel recipes

Monica's Heavenly Cherry Cheesecake

1 (I cheat store bought) Graham Cracker Crust
2 Pkgs Cream Cheese (lrg)
1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
3/4 Cup Sugar
Whipped Cream if desired

Let Cream Cheese soften at room temp
With mixer mix up cream cheese well slowly pour in sugar make sure it is mixed well.

Pour into Graham Cracker pie shell
Pour on Cherry Pie Filling

May top with Whip Cream
Refrigerate at least 2 hours ENJOY!!

Monica loved my cheesecake and I always made it every holiday.

You may make a Bananna Split Pie out of this by topping the cheese cake with Banannas then a can of crushed pinapple(drained). And of course add whipped cream and a cherry.

You may also top the cheesecake with blueberrie pie filling for Blueberry Cheesecake.

And for the chocolate lovers put a layer of chocolate over the filling and top with whip cream for Chocolate Cheesecake.

All my Children and Granchildren love it.

Barb...I think this is a wonderful idea. I hope the 24 people that have read this and haven't replied are digging in their pantries for recipes so they can include their angel in this excellent idea. I know that is what I have done. If we can get them printed up I can even sell them on Ebay since my page is already "Lisa" customized!!!!We loved Seafood and this was one of our favorite recipes....

Seafood Tortillas
1 Large Onion, 3 T Butter, 1/3 parsley, 1/2 C Montery Jack Cheese, 1 lb crab, 8 flour tortillas, 1 Jar Salsa/Taco Sauc
1. Prepare white sauce by melting 2T butter & stirring in 2 T flour stirring for 1 minute. Gradually add 2 C milk, cook stirring constantly until thick. Stir in 1/4 C shredded Montery Jack.
2. Preheat oven 375 & grease large glass baking dish.
3. Saute onion in butter 3 minutes..Stir in parsley, cheese & 1 C fo the white sauce. Stir in crabmeat.
4. Divide the filling among the tortillas..roll them & arrange them seam side down. Pour over remaining white sauce. Cover with foil.
5. Bake them for 30 minutes or until bubbly & hot. Spoon salsa & additional cheese (if desired) over them just before serving.

My LiL wheezie just loved to cook so I am very partial to this idea!!! Luv 'n Hugs....Laura & AV

Dear MOMS
Okay here is a main dish for ya all

Nick's Best Pic Chick

Ingredients
1) 4 lb boneless chicken
2) 1 pint sour cream
3) 1/2 lb margarine
4) 6-8 oz of peppridge farm bread crumbs
5) 1 cup chicken broth
6) 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
7) 1 throw away deep dish aluminum square pan

Boil chicken for 25-30 minutes,let cool and break into bite size pieces set aside
mix soup and sour cream
add chicken and soup and sour cream and mix well
place in bottom of pan
in seperate bowl mix bread crumbs,margarine and chicken broth
add this to top of chicken mixture
bake in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hr uncovered

I guarantee everyone will want the recipe
P.S. Peppridge farm bread crumbs is the only bread crumbs to use,I have used other brands and it doesn't taste as good.Also after 1 hr if bread crumb topping doesn't look cooked enough cook longer but not burned so watch it after an hr Enjoy Love Barb

Here is a recipe that I have used for several years and I only like it better every time I use it.

BUTTERFINGER CAKE

1 tub of cool whip
2 large Butterfinger candy bars
1 angelfood cake

Crush and mix the Butterfingers in the Cool Whip, spread the mixture on the cake that has been sliced in half.
This is quick, beautiful and yummy

Gosh Kaylin's favorite food was sliced cucumbers with lemon juice on them

Kaylin's Lemonumber

1 sliced cucumber
dash of lemon juice
salt

mix them all together. :)

Dear MOMS Well 6 recipes does not a cookbook make.Pull them out ladies.I got to eat Laura's recipe this past weekend for seafood tortillas and I gotta tell you,they were heavenly.I'm not asking you to make your recipes just share them LOL. Laura's and Vicki's next recipe should be the hobo pies since they were also yummy!!!! Hugs to all

LOL well I have no fav recipes for my Timmy because he ate anything you put in front of him LOL but he made up some of his own concoctions like scrambled eggs with tuna LOL, yes or the favorite one peanut butter, jelly, sugar, marshmellow whip, mix it all together and spoon out little balls and roll, they were his homemade candy balls LOL yes and he ate them and so did his friends and brothers I might add!!! sometimes he would add choclate syrup too! LOL

Timmy's fav foods were Chinese or crab legs. I wish I did have a recipe to share but at least I got to share this :) Sorry I don't think it can go into a receipe book, but I do like the candy balls because I just don't know how he came up with that one and how he got others to eat it, LOL, but then again he always cooked for his brothers, he'd make them breakfast or lunch and it was something always crazy like mac & tuna or the scrambled eggs with tuna (yeah don't know why tuna)

His favorite meal though was Thanksgiving.