WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Letter to the editor

My friend in CA got this into the local paper, thought you would like to see it.

Mother didn't have her facts straight

This is in response to the recent letter written by Theresa Merlo, the mother of Robert McDowell and mother-in-law of Gerald Drummond, both of the "boys" accused of murdering Damien Holloway and Timothy Clark. I am sure the readers understand that there are always two sides to a story, but you certainly would have made a better case for your side if you would have had your facts straight when you wrote that letter to the editor.

You speak of "known drug addicts" but you seem to have left out the fact that the "boys" who are sitting in jail are also known drug addicts. In fact, if indeed the witnesses that testified were "known drug addicts," it is highly unlikely that three drug addicts would collaborate successfully enough to all tell the same story of how those "boys" planned the cold-blooded murder of two innocent young men.

No one has belittled the fact that Damien also lost his life needlessly in this terrible tragedy, however, common sense would tell you that when an innocent 15-year-old boy is gunned down in cold blood simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, there would be more news media attention due to his young age.

You should count your blessings that all five of your children were able to go door-to-door for anything, although they weren't going door-to-door to help with funeral expenses. And apparently you did not attend Timmy's funeral or you would not have said he was barefoot in his casket. Obviously your son lies not only to the police but to his own mother as well.

You are correct in stating that four families have been destroyed over this. Unfortunately, two of those families did nothing to bring on such horrific acts. And the behavior of those two "boys" along with the behavior of the rest of their families in court belies your statement that your heart aches for the Holloway and Clark families. Now that this is a capital case, that type of behavior will certainly be taken into consideration once the killers are convicted and the sentencing phase begins.

Jeanne Woodcock

Lincoln, Calif., formerly of Mayfair

Re: Letter to the editor

Very well written and it confirms that you are not alone as others are going to be there for you maybe when you least expect it. There lies will only go as far, in belief, as the liars who believe them. It is comforting to have someone step forward in defense of the innocent families/victims and lets us know there is still good in what seems to be such an ugly world that has been tainted by these scum. Thanks for sharing this with us....Luv you oh crazy one!
Laura & AV

Dear Bette How awesome was that? Was it in the NE Times? It was a very well written letter and only confirms the fact that no one believes their lies.It was a desperate attempt from a desperate mother to try to twist things around.She must have to try to believe her son's story how do you think she could sleep at night thinking that her son was a murderer? I'm suprised that the defense attorney allowed her to write it in the first place,because it just made it worse on top of the charges already.Just add perjury to it now.Well God Bless Bette we are always on your side.The side of truth and justice, your caped crusaders LOL Barb

LOL, we should all call ourselves the "crazy capped crusaders" LOL love it!!!

Thansk I thought you might enjoy reading it. Yes and it is in the Northeast Times. Of course for some reason we don't seem to be getting them again, so I just copy it from the internet and print it.

Love yas!
Bette
Timmys mom

YES... YES... YES... THAT WAS WELL WRITTEN... AND THE WAY I LOOK AT IT LIES CAUSE MORE LIES,LIES,LIES AND THEN THEY WILL WEAVE A WEB THAT IS SO TANGLED THEY WON'T GET OUT...THE TRUTH WILL SHINE THROUGH....HUGS AND PRAYERS...PAT-RICKYS MOM

Very well written. That mom did not pull the wool over anyone's eyes.