WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jury found Billy McIllwain, Jr. guilty of 1st Degree Murder on February 11, 2009

I never thought the day would come when Jody's killer would get what was coming to him. My daughter Jody was murdered on June 3, 2007 by her son's father and the trial began on February 10, 2009. Much to my surprise it only took two days. The jury deliberated only 1 hr. and 20 minutes and found him guilty of first degree murder. He got "LIFE" (51 years) in prison and has to return to court on March 9, 2009 to receive his sentences on the 2 counts of aggravated assault and possession of a deadly weapon. He was already found guilty on all counts but, for some reason, they decided to put the sentence for the other crimes off until next month. I always "hoped" that I would feel closure after he was convicted but, I don't really feel closure....I feel a sense of "relief." Not even a life sentence can bring Jody back but at least he can never hurt anyone else again. I had to testify against him and then when the jury found him guilty we went straight into the sentencing for the first degree murder. I will tell you that if you haven't made it to this point yet.....make sure and write your impact statement out because you will be soooo emotional that you will forget exactly what you planned on saying. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever done but, I did it for Jody!!!!

Re: Jury found Billy McIllwain, Jr. guilty of 1st Degree Murder on February 11, 2009

Cheryl, Thank God that Jody received justice. It doesn't bring her back and I don't think we can ever truly get closure. Like you said though, there is relief that he can't do this again. I am so glad that he was found guilty and that he will be going away for a long time. My prayers and thoughts are with you always. We are here if you need us. Hugs to you

Re: Jury found Billy McIllwain, Jr. guilty of 1st Degree Murder on February 11, 2009

Im glad he got 51 years..... I'm sorry Jody is gone though.
blessings to you.
pw

I am glad there is some justice but I know if doesn't really change anything for you. He belongs in a prison hell at a minimum

Hi Cheryl,
We are so sorry about your daughter. I have heard many moms say that while justice is what we all want for our children and to keep this from happening to another innocent victim that it doesn't seem to be the "closure"--which we will never be able to close our wounded hearts---one might think when the day comes. The worst injustice happened when our babies were so tragically taken and no amount of years will ever be enough. I am glad for you and your family that justice was served and that you can be relieved in some sense that this part of this horrific journey has ended for you. Love & Hugs..Laura & AV

So happy for you some justice at least, it won't bring Jody back but it does give you some peace of mind. The POS that murdered my son has been in prison for three months now and I pray he is hating life! And am quite sure he is, that gives me some peace of mind also.
Much Love and Many Hugs to you.
Jimmy's Mom Shirley

Dear Cheryl Thank you for posting the results of the trial.As our children are now a legion of angels,we too have become a legion of MOMS interested in seaking justice for our children.As said by many before it won't bring back your beautiful Cheryl,but may you find peace and comfort in the fact that he won't ever be able to do this to anyone else or to another family.God Bless and many many hugs to you and your family Love Barb

Thank everyone for your kind heart responses. You are the only ones that truly know how "I feel." May God bless each and every one of you and for the MOMS out there who haven't got to the trial stage yet, I pray that "justice will be done for you too." Let's all work together to get those POS's "OFF THE STREETS."

Cheryl :)

Aunt Cheryl well it's finally over. We will never get our sweet jody back but we know that he will suffer everyday. I miss her smile,laugh and me calling and her making my day better. We will all be together again one day, I know that doesn't change anything for now. Jody would want us to be here with taylor and her niece and nephews and her many cousins.I know we will never understand why that monster took her from us and no it's not fair but he will get what's coming to him. I love you and we have to keep each other strong. I hope this has jody some type of peace now and will bring us some type of peace one day too. I don't feel any closure either as i thought i would and i couldn't imagine how you feel loosing your child, she was my first cousin and apart of me died that day also. Jody knew you were strong and that's why you are still here and fighting for her. I LOVE YOU and may GOD be with us and other families going through the same thing.

Dear Cheryl I am so sorry I put your name instead of Jody's in my response.It has been crazy here with kids everywhere and my grand daughter whose 15 months old was sitting on my lap when I replied.I noticed it too late and couldn't get it back.I apologize with all my heart god Bless Love Barb