WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Defendant are in Plea negotiation discussions

Hi Mom's,
Without trying to stay upset or scream my head off. I'm gonna try to be calm but,,,, what in the hell is this about? Can you plea bargan when you murder? I know that the State of Arizona has decided not to seek the death penalty in the matter of John's murder but, why? I never found out. The trial was posponed again for DNA results. You know it's going to be a year on the 30th. You would think they would have the GD F'en DNA crap by now! YOU KNOW THEY GET ON MY GD NERVES ANYMORE I'D LIKE TO KICK EVERYONE OF THEM IN THE BALLS AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE THEY WOULD GET THEIR CRAP TOGETHER AND PUT THE FILES TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT MY POOR JOHN'S BEING STRANGLED WITH HIS DOG CHAIN.MMMMMM AAAAGGGGHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!
I HATE THEM, THIS IS REALLY DRIVING ME OUT OF MY MIND.
Oh man,,,,,,,,,,, sorry,,,,,,,, you should know by now how I am! I feel like getting drunk tonight and busting the beer bottles! Wishing it was the POS that killed my John. My poor baby boy is dead and they want to plea.
Goodbye, I'm going outside to scream

Re: Defendant are in Plea negotiation discussions

I'm not realy sure but I think they try to plea in every case, even murder ones. Especially if there is a death penalty, they try to plea out so they don't get that. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I think of you often and always hope you are doing ok.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Dear Patricia
Take a deep breath.I'm pretty sure the family has some say in any plea.
I guess every state is different however I will read you what my state of Pa has written down in my advocacy book
Guilty Plea(also negotiated Plea,Plea Bargain)-Anytime after the arraignment,the defendant can decide to plead guilty or accept responsibility for the crime.The family of the victim has the right to be informed of the possibility of a guilty plea or plea bargain,and to be provided an opportunity to comment on it,before the plea is accepted by the ADA,but the final decision rests with the Chief District Attorney for the Homicide Unit.
If the judge accepts the guilty plea,there will be a guilty plea hearing that the family may attend,but there will be no trial.The defendant can be sentenced when the plea is given or the court may set a later date for sentencing.
Try to get in touch with the Da to have them explain your state laws regarding this.
I will keep you and your family in prayer regarding this and for God's sake Patricia don't start drinking Baby,the whole bandaid thing.It's only worse when you wake up. We are all here for you.Many hugs your way Love Barb
them explain your state laws regarding this
I will keep you and your family in prayer

Patricia

I believe in all cases the first thing they try to do is reach some type of plea so they won't have to go to trial. sometimes like with us they started talking about giving the POS manslaughter about 3 days into the trial (NO F-ING WAY) and I voiced my opinion loud and clear to everyone. Scream girl as loud and long as you need to and if you want to break beer bottles it is much funner when they are full.

Sending a great big ole hug your way.
Jim's Mom
Shirley

Hey, I didn't get drunk, didn't even drink but I was ticked off all night long. I talked to one of my sister-in-laws, she said it's next to impossible to get Chris on the phone. My niece gets Johnny Rays, he's in prison for trying to kill one of the POS that killed his son. Ok, I told my niece to open the mail and read it to me. She's so obedient! It said the trial for John was to start January 26 at 8:30 at Maricopa County Court house. There will be a complex Case Management Conference on January 20th. What ever that is. The one that is talkin plea is mmmmm I can't say his name. Any way can anybody tell me what this means,,,, I've looked it up in the dictonary and the Law dictionary. I think the person who does the minutes for the court can't spell but this is what it says.
" Defense advises of possible Brutan Issues," and if co-defendant does not enter into a plea agreement, will file a motion to Sever Defendant for Trial purposes.
I typed it exactly, Can anyboby please tell me what it means. The words Brutan Issues won't come up anywhere. Please tell me if you know, please. I'll check back on here this afternoon.
I'm sorry I get so crazy. Can old ladies be drama Queens? ****, I know when Momma died I became the Queen but Didn't think it would be Drama. Let me know.
Love you Mom's

Dear Patricia
I went into work last night and the Dr in the Er was also a lawyer at one time.He wasn't sure what Bruton was so he googled it Bruton vs Us supreme court.Bruton was a defendant.He along with another guy robbed a federal truck or something and there was only one confession.The defense lawyer was trying to sever the cases and make the Bruton guy seperate from the one with the confession.It is a long article but if you google Bruton vs US supreme court you can read all about it.
thank you, since Our Da severed the cases for pre trial but said he is going to bring them back together for trial..I will be looking into this article very carefully as I may run into the same thing down the road.If I can find out any more I will let you know.God Bless as always Barb

I see, I see so maybe the Barrios guy confessed and the other one didn't. Because a few months ago Chris was telling me that he was talking but the Orozco guy wasn't and Chris thinks the one that actually strangled John was Orozco. Maybe the the other guy helped hold him. The third guy is already dead. I think I know the story but I'm actually scared to post it on here. I'm gonna write to Johnny Ray, He is in prison you know for trying to kill Orozco. He was convicted fast but yet his son is dead and no one has been convicted yet. I hate this crap. Thanks for telling me what this was. You're wonderful
kiss kiss xoxo

Hello Patricia, I am at the beginning of my grandson's murder case. One of the assisant DAs have informed that he will start with the case, he will not finish, and informed me that the person that will handle the case has handled murder cases before. I was informed that the case would not be handled by the DA herself as she only handles high profile cases (how is one life more prolific than another). He only gave me the worst case scenarios, of which he said would probably happen, one of which was a plea, as judges do not like to give young boys life. He also said he did not work for me, he worked for my grandon. This meeting hurt as bad as the murder of Torian. How can this be when there is evidence that he shot at my grandson while he was in his bedroom and finally shot him in the back of his head while he was in a car. I am mad as hell and I do not know what to do, He talked like this black on black at I killing is par for the course. I am afraid that I will not be able to handle the court proceedings.

They can plea, I didn't find out anything of any plea until after it was discussed and they turned it down. I was never informed of it.

But I am still lucky we had a good detective, a good ADA, and a good judge and wonderful jury who saw past them smirky dirty faces and put their asses in jail for life!

YES THE FAMILY DOES HAVE INPUT ON THE PLEA, OUR POS TRIED 3 TIMES TO PLEA TO SOME RIDICIOUS NEGOTIATIONS AND OUR DA TOLD THEM ABSOLUTELY NOT THAT THEY WERE SO SILLY THAT HE WASN'T EVEN GOING TO BRING THESE TO US, AND THEN AFTER 2 DAYS OF COURT AND THE VIDEO OF THIS IDIOT SHOOTING JR, AND US HAVEING TO WATCH THIS HORRIBLE ACT IN THE COURT ROOM OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER. HE LEFT THE COURT ROOM AND WENT BACK TO JAIL, THEN THE DA CALLED US AND HE AHD PLEADED TO 2ND DEGREE MURDER, BUT WE WERE FORTUNATE THAT OUR DA MADE AN AMENDMENT TO THE 2ND DEGREE MURDER CHARGES AND MADE HIM SIGN AN AFFIDAVED TO THE FACT THAT HE KNEW HE COMMITED 1ST DEGREE MURDER AND HE WAS GOING TO SERVE THE SAME TIME AS 1 ST DEGREE MURDER WHICH IN THE STATE OF CA IS 25 TO LIFE. hANG IN THERE PATRICIA SOMETIMES WE FEEL LIKE WE DON'T UNDERSTAND BUT IT WILL HOPEFULLY BE OVER SOON AND THEY WILL PAY FOR THE INJUSTICE THAT THEY HAVE DONE.

There really is no justice for the victims in the courts.My daughter Laycees killer Vincent Soto admitted to beating her to death. He demonstrated on a doll what he did. She hed so many bruises on her head and face. her head was so swollen. He was being charged with 1st degree murder and 1st degree child abuse. Well I wanted to take this to trial so he would have to admit out loud what he had done. They allowed him to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, dropped the child abuse charges. My lawyer told me if it was taken to trial he would most likely be charged with manslaughter and be out in 2 to 4 years. He got 16 to 24 years. Laycee and I will be doing life. Its sick. I am so sorry for all that your going through. I hope they get justice for your son.