WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Court Update

Hey Ladies

Well we were in court again yesterday and trial is set for Feb. 9th.

The defense attorney has retained two so called expert witnesses that he says will prove that Travis cut the POS off & hit a curb and that's what sent him sailing 125' accross the road. The judge actually questioned the defense attorney on the credability of one of his so called expert witnesses, but in the end said he would allow his testimony at trial. The WI State Patrol has done their accident reconstruction and have leaps and bounds more info on this incident than the defense guys have. The State Patrol has 2 computer disks, which of coarse i am trying to get copies of, that will show the actually line up of the back of the bike and front of the car, which the DA says shows a straight on hit. They were also able to salvage the tailight bulb, which they were able to determine, by the filaments was lite on impact and an independent witness will testify that the POS never hit his brakes and that he saw the brake light on on the bike. Just to let you all know, there is still to this day a 3' skid mark on the pavement 25' from the so called curb the defense says Travis hit, in my mind that just doesn't add up, but who am i to say.

The defense also wanted to file a motion that family and friends of Travis can't wear any t-shirts or such with his name or picture on it, the judge denied issuing a court order, but did ask the DA to talk to us about not wearing any of that type clothing. So it looks like we will all be wearing limegreen and black, they are just colors right?

Here is the link to the lastest article in today's paper, if you get a chance to read it, let me know what u thing about the tone of the reporter, my daughter has become pretty friendly with her and in our opinion, she sides with us.
http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/homicide_trial_set_for_crash_4176642.html

The defense attorney also said he never heard of one of the witness the DA is calling to testify, but the guys statement is in the original police report, i have his statement, but he supposedly doesn't. He is such a jerk, and the judge told him that 100% of the time when a defense attorney says he doesn't have something from the DA, he actually has it and has over looked it, the judge told him go back and look i bet you have it, it was great to hear that.

I guess that covers most of the important things that happened, and as always thanks for all your well wishes and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you, you are an amazing bunch of ladies.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

Re: Court Update

Nanci..I am glad you are moving in a positive direction..We will always be there for you and your family..You wear that limegreen and black in honor of you son and wear it proudly..We always have your back and on Feb.9th we also will be wearing limegreen and black for your family..And you, are also an amazing lady with a heart of gold..We love you..

Well I really wish the best outcome for you on this. Is there going to be a jury? I hope they see right thru the defense "witnesses" you have other reports that show differently especially from the state police.

As always you'll be in my prayers.

bette
Timmys mom

Dear Nanci
You okay Girl? Thanks for the update.I too will wear the lime green that day.I have the perfect shirt.I think it's great that the media is on your side.Whatever gets your message across.See, they can't strip you of your spirit,even though they will always try.Good for you for thinking up a solution to the shirt problem.I hope the judge needs to wear sunglasses that day,all that lime green going on.LOL stay strong you are always in my thoughts and prayers.Many Many hugs your way Love Barb

Nanci
Nanci thanks for the update been wondering how it went, not much longer now girl hang in there. I am with the rest of the bunch got your back and I am going to try to find a lime greet T to wear.
What kind of motorcycle did Travis ride from the color I think I know.
sending hugs your way
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

Nanci
Finally read the article also the comments, you know me can't help from reading those darn comments.
Well I left my own comment.
Hang in there it will be over soon and that little creep will get the 50 hopefully it will be 50 to life.
Confused about the deportation thing though, that wouldn't be until after he served his term right?
Hugs and much Love
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

Shirley:

Thank you for reading the acticle and your comment was perfect.

As for the deportation, according to the DA it would come after his sentence was served if convicted, if he is not convicted he still faces deportation, only time will tell. If he is convicted I'm sure I will have to keep close tabs on his whereabouts to see if ICE comes in and deports him before his sentence is over. You know me I don't trust any of these people to tell me anything.

Thanks again Shirley and as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love ya
Nanci/Travis' Mom

Well Nanci, add me to the lime green wearers. Anything that I can do to support you I will do. I read the article now I am off to read Shirley's comment. You have my prayers for justice daily lady.

Just a note to let you all know, I got a call from the DA yesterday and the Defense is requesting an adjournment (postponment) on the Feb. 9th trial date. We don't know what he has up his sleeve. The DA will say he is ready and we need to proceed to trial on the 9th, but the final decision is the Judges, so we will see.

We will go to court on the 2nd of Feb., to hear his motions and the Judges decision. I will keep you all posted and as always, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

Gosh, I hate it when they do that!
I hope everything comes out ok for you.
prayers
Patricia