WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
reimbursement

Well ladies I received a check today for $3,666 reimbursement for Jim's funeral services, I just about fell over didn't think the state was going to come through.
Now I can afford a marker & bench for his memorial garden.
Big Jim's Mom
Shirley

Re: reimbursement

Oh that is so great. We are still waiting to hear. The only thing we have heard is that therapy will be covered. Of course that will be AFTER our insurance is used. I am praying that we will get reimbursed so I can get her headstone. It is driving me nuts not having it. I have been trying to save for it but it seems to be taking forever. I am so happy for you. Take pictures of the garden when you can so we can see his memorial garden.

That's great news. I'm so happy for you. Takes a little off you. Do you still have your job??
xoxoxo

Still have a job we close down on Feb. 20 they say they are going to place us in other shops but I know there isn't enough going on in those shops for more workers. We will see what happens.
Thanks Shirley

hi,that's good new's!!

Great News! It should make things a bit easier.

We are still waiting, they have to make sure he didn't "do anything to bring on his own death" I still laugh at that one. Like it was a slow Saturday night and he didn't have anything else to do! (sorry, still bitter over the verdict)

Dear Shirley
What great news,I'm so glad you received it.They turned us down because there was pot in the house.The killers disguised as pizza delivery came to rob him killed him and it's like it's my son's fault.He wasn't selling to them but I asked them to wait on their decision till at least trial so they could make an intelligent decision,nope nothing doing.What do they think that Nicky asked them to kill him.? It made me feel like my son didn't matter to them.So proud as I am I said you never gave me anything for nothing so keep your lousy money.I won't disrespect my son's memory any further begging you people.Sorry just venting.That really is good news Shirley.Hugs your way Barb

Barb
That is a pretty sorry reason not to reimburse you, Jim had 72 plants he had just started growing in his garage and it didn't make a bit of difference here.
A victim is a victim it's not like our boys asked some POS to come to their homes and murder them. Maybe they need to be reminded that it is victim of violent crime our children are gone so now we are the victims.
JERKS.
Sending you a BIG HUG.
Jim's Mom
Shirley

Barb all I can say here is that I understand. I am praying for a good outcome. We were approved for therapy so I hope that is a good sign and I can tell you this, the reason you were turned down is stupid. Would it help if we wrote in? Why is the world so quick to blame the victim? I wonder if they think if something happened to them what might they have that would stop them from getting some help. We could write letters to the editor of your paper if you wanted. Maybe let people know just how unhelpful they were.

Dear Kim and Shirley
This is why I love this site.At least I know you guys thought it unfair.Kim that is a good sign about the threapy.They couldn't possibly come back with any other decision but to give you the compensation.Even one of Nicky's detectives called for me,saying this was unfair.They wouldn't change their minds and to be honest with you it's them that have to sleep at night with their decision.Life isn't fair as we all know,so it just gave me more resaon to be as tough as possible when it comes to his trial.I took care of my son all his life and supported him, not them, so even in death I support him and want nothing from them but to do their JOB.So now it's my turn to make sure they've crossed all their T's and dotted all their I's.They were so good at turning us down and looking for ways to not pay. I wasn't asking to go on a cruise,I wanted to bury my son.The Lord provided so it is He I turn to in times of distress,not these clowns.Thanks anyway for the offer to write letters,but as I said the Lord provided.Thanks for sharing Shirley.Love to all Barb

What a bunch of crap this is! Well, I'll tell you what, if they do turn us down, I'm getting a lawyer and suing the city, state and everyone else involved in letting him park his "car/home" in a public place! And the bar that owned the land too, he admitted on the stand that the owner knew he was there and told him to watch the place for him. I don't think we are asking too awful much for money to help bury our babies. Let's face it, most of us are just living, the working "poor" so to speak and have to pretty much beg for help. WE are the victims of these monsters as much as our children.

Sorry to rant, but my husband is sick and we are tapped out trying paying for Randy's expenses and he doesn't have a stone yet. It should be part of the system that they should have to pay or reimburse the expenses when found guilty. It wouldn't help in my case, but it does seem right somehow.

I am curious to know something. Do ya'll know the Clara Harris case, where the dentist ran over her husband when she found out he was having an affair? I wonder if in cases like that they blame the victim for his death and would deny reimbursement. He wouldn't deserve to die but with the logic that they seem to base their decisions on would that not be a reason to deny it? I thought it was there to help with funeral expenses and like you Donna, we need it to cover funeral expenses and headstone. I don't want it to "spend." Who would do that anyway? I want it to pay for her funeral and get her headstone. We were fortunate to have someone loan us the money but it has to be paid back. They did not ask for this. Seems to me that they spend too much time looking for a reason to deny it. Doesn't sound to me like that is what it was intended to do when it began. What an eye opener huh?

Donna,

I was promised this reimbursement long before the POS was found guilty. I don't think the verdict should have a thing to do with it our children were victims of a violent crime and so are we. The program is called victims of violent crimes it shouldn't matter what this screwed up system decided in your case you should be reimbursed.
And I just can't believe what they are doing to Barb it makes me so, so mad.
Big Jim's Mom
Shirley