WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
it is time for action

Ok ladies. We have talked about it and the idea has been tossed around. There was some talk in the chat room about Forgotten Moms. Well if it is alright with everyone I would like to set the wheels in motions. This is something I do believe will be helpful to others. This is the plan. If moms would write their stories and send them to me, I will collect them and compile them and see if I can find someone who would be interested in our stories. I was thinking that we would need chapters so this is what my idea for chapters is: family and friends, work place, courtroom, and media. I thought if all of you would write and tell your story about each of these topics (if they all apply to you) and send them to me then we could get started on that book. I think it would be a wonderful thing for us to collaborate on together and that it will be a legacy to our children. I don't want to step on any toes or anything and this will be a project that is by and from all of us. I just thought we needed to get it going so I hope that is alright with everyone. Maybe it will be cathartic too. I hope it is alright with everyone if I get the ball rolling. My email is kdrose143@mac.com. I will try to keep it emptied enough for the stories I hope you will all share. Our voices need to be heard too. Our children were stolen from us and we need to make our voices heard.

Re: it is time for action

yes kim i am willing to tell my son story but his story is not finish yet do you need half of the or whole please tell my my e-mail is joann 64 ellsworth@aol.com thinks

Kim
I think it is a wonderful idea I am not much of a writer but will do my best.
Shirley

Joann you can do parts of it if you want. Some of our stories will take awhile. Especially the court and media parts I think. I think this will be a project that takes some time. It will just be nice if we can let other moms know what they may go through and maybe educate people to what a parent goes through. This is your story of how you were treated over the loss of your baby so tell it however you want to. :)

Dear Kim
God Bless you for wanting to do this.It is a wonderful idea and I think it will help so many who are in such great pain and really don't know where to go to get help.I, like Joann and others can't divulge all of the story yet but would like to share that which we can.I have gotten alot of useful info just from this forum and am grateful for the info so I know others would also benefit.Just an idea how do you think we can get the word out about MOM"s maybe thru our advocates? I had to google in for help and this site came up,but other MOM's might not know it exists.I would like to fight to have the advocates include this site in their packets to the victims families what do you think? Also I'm not sure who suggested it but they wanted to get a book of poems together that the MOMS wrote for their loved ones.I cried when I read this suggestion as the day Nicky was killed he and my husband were discussing a small book of poems that they wanted to put together.I would be willing to head this project up and get it bound and put into a book.I feel like it would be great healing for all of us.I will be in touch Kim, thru e mail about the story part of Nicky.Thank you so much for all your ideas and help.If anyone would like to email me their poems please do so and I will start compiling them.There can be a seperate section for unknown authors and just really good poems by others but I would like just our angels poems family members and mothers or fathers wrote to go in the main section of the book.Let me know whqt you think? Kim your dangerous you now have me thinking again LOL hugs your way and God Bless

hi kim,i love the idea,what ever it takes to help us get our story out there i want to be apart of it,you are so amazing!!tony story is on his memory of.com page if you want to copy it!!thank's!!

I think it's a great idea. I would share my story, it may take me a while. I have things that I've written to America's Most Wanted and stuff so I could copy and paste, but so much happens each and every day. Let me know how you want it to begin, when we found out and the days that followed? Then when they were caught (or for those whose are still not caught) then the trial process?

I like the poem suggestion too. I'd be more than happy if you would include my 2 poems, of course the one I like the best Shirley sent me in a cute little imkimi or whatever ti's call LOL. But I'd love to share it, it's from my heart and maybe we can help even just one more mom get thru what we've been going thru each and every day.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's Mom

I love the poems idea too. I will send mine to you Bette.
I also have to say, the idea for Forgotten moms was not my idea. It was Laura's idea and she and Joann were talking about it. I was asking about it in chat and said I would put the stories together if we could get it rolling. So we have to blame Laura for the dangerous ideas. LOL.
I was thinking that if we get lucky enough to actually get it published and have it sell that all the proceeds should go to this support group. It would be a book for Moms from MOMS/D so it should benefit this group.
Maybe when we do our slide shows and things we could put the moms address site up and also put it on all of our memory-of pages. When we get our t shirts we can wear them and advertise the site to other hurting moms that way. I was also thinking we need out own magnetic car ribbon or bumper sticker. I know in CA the traffic is so slow sometimes that ppl do read them while sitting bumper to bumper and I would put that one on my car. I don't really do bumper stickers but I would for that one.
I also saw at the wold wide candle lighting ceremony we went to that a few groups put up the picture of their child and then did a small poster board of children from their support group with the name of the group on it. I didn't know there was a Drowning Awareness support group until I saw that. I thought I would d that next year and make a poster representing MOMS/D to go with Kaylin's picture. Some MOMS/D go to vigils and maybe when they take the picture of their child they could take along some MOMS/D info. I do think that this group has saved me many times when I was so low and like you, Barb, I googled it in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and everyone else could and I needed a lifeline. I think having the advocates include it as a support group would be wonderful.
I think it is wonderful that we can do something and share ideas and get a whole other thing going as well. Shirley doing the videos for unsolved cases, all of us collaborating to try to get info out there, you taking up and doing the poems for us. I think this is a great group of women and together we can help others. Our stories by themselves are strong but together we are stronger. I think each of us can make a difference, but together we can make a bigger impact. Sorry I got on a roll. LOL You ladies truly do inspire me and lift me when I am so low I don't think I can move on. I love all of you.