WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What else!!!!!!

Got back to work today first thing I heard was that there was a meeting yesterday and just like I thought the shop I work in is closing down Feb 22 is our last day. It just keeps getting better and better. This has been one hell of a year!!!!
Hugs
Jimmy's mom

Re: What else!!!!!!

Boy you really didn't need to hear that, I'm so sorry. What I found out after Wes's death was, nothing could ever be that bad so all the little and I mean little inconviences are just that. The worst possible thing has already occured in your life.
With love light and loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers

Oh Shirley, just great, perfect timing to tell around the holidays and with everything else. We just found out that our company is moving outside the city, so now I have to drive back and forth and it's not a great drive there, now we are packing after 20 years being in this place, feels like it just never ends does it. Leave it in God's hands, that is the only way I can deal with it.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Sure seems like when it rains it poors doesn't it? As if you haven't already had to endure enough. Kayt is right though, you have faced the hardest thing you will ever face so you will get through this. It's another stumbling block in your way. I am so sorry. My prayers are with you Shirley.

I was looking for a job thirty years ago and I guess I can start looking again. Yes I have faced the worst possible thing that could ever happen in my life. Now would be a real good time to get busy on that T shirt shop to bad my money got stolen. I am pushing to get Jim's funeral expences back then I will go from there. I have until the end of FEB. and I can hang in with unemployment for awhile.
I look at it this way now after Feb. I can stay up later and chat with my best friends.
Love to you all
Jimmy's Mom

Shirley,
I am so sorry to hear this....I say at work all the time you can't take anything anyway from me that could even compare to what I have already lost...but I also realize that we unfortunately need to work because no one will take care of us and feed and house us as well as free medical care...so I think you are going in the right direction with the T-Shirt shop...is it going to be a physical one in your city or an online venture or both....if you were doing it online you could sell memorial t-shirts!...you know who you first customers would be...candlelighting designs, angel anniversary, moms, etc. so you could sell us more than just one! I think this is Jimmy sending you in a new direction that will give you something to focus on now the trial is over and how rewarding would that be to help other mothers/family members who have lost their loved ones....Just a thought. Take care and thanks for the Kimis and the comforting words and most of all just for being here for all of us. Laura

Shirley, God Girl, I really feel for you! I don't know what I would do. I'm getting so darn old and fatter. I need my job even though I complain about it. Tisk, tisk,, it's my job to complain! Right?
Well, starting a T-shirt shop sounds good to me. I'll buy some if you have mail service.
Don't put any money under your bed, and try to do without as much as you can. Try to keep utilities down and don't waste food or anything. After wards when you are out of work, go to churches for food, organizations that can help you. sometimes they will pay a water bill or a gas bill. I'm a survivor. I lost my job in 2001 and was not able to find a real job until 2003, I've been here ever since. How to save money on your water bill. Flush the toilet once at night. Don't put the toilet paper in the toilet, use a garbage you can close if you can't close it get a baggie to tie up. (for the smell)Saving on light bill: Turn off everything you don't need plugged up. I am so serious on this. electric clock. unplug. Microwave, DVD player, anything that when plugged up shows the time or tempature. Don't blow dry your hair. Towel dry. No electric toothbrush. Well, simply don't use electricity unless you have to. The less you use the less you pay. Leave the lights off as long as you can and don't keep turning on and off. Like if you are in the bedroom and need to go to the livingroom. Don't bother turning the hall light on too. You can actually save big bucks. Don't use electric heaters or night lights. To go to the bathroom at night use a flashlight. Try buying the most inexpensive foods that will last long. Manager specials, bread get two freeze one. Try to buy foods that don't have to be cooked but still taste good. Cooking cost money too. If you can do with out new clothes go to the goodwill. I do all the time. Don't drive if you can walk. If you have to drive take the shortest route and coast every chance you get. Use coupons, but only if it cuts the price inhalf and only if it's something you really need. Washing clothes don't do small loads. Use half the soap you can add a cap of pinesol and save. Don't use the dryer try to hang dry on hangers. Don't iron unless it's really wrinkled. Or don't iron the parts that don't show and iron fast. I know you think I'm crazy, Well I have done things you would not believe to survive. I have even used paper plates several times if I didn't get it all messy. Something I never told anybody, I had no money,,,,,,,, none, On Friday most Grocery stores have sample carts so people can taste the product. ask for two and make sad eyes, they will give you two. Eat one save one, go to the next cart same thing by the time you're done yur tummy is full and you have supper ready. Ta Dah!
If you call me I have lots of secrets I'm not going to post cause I'm taking too much time. You know how I am when I get going. Plenty of talk not enough time.
Godd luck, try to find a part time job while you are still working and quit just before you get layed off. Oh I clean houses on the side and do odd jobs. No matter the pay. Hem skirts and pants. so on.
love to you my dear.
Patricia

Patricia,
I appriciate all the info, I will be able to collect unemployment which shouldn't be to bad. They tell us they will try to place us in another Dept. when the time comes. (yea right) I was upset about this at first but now I just can't wait for Feburary. Also a friend of mine who use to work at the same place is going to buy all the machines he called me and asked if I would be insterested in helping him get a plan of action and work in the shop when it gets running. Hale Yea. Funny last night I was talking with my Jimmy (sounds crazy I know) he told me " Mom F. that place you have been screwed over one to many times it's time for you to stay home." Well Ican't stay home but I don't have to accept a job from them at half of what I make now. So I say yea F that place.
Thanks
Love and Hugs
Jimmy's mom

Well I still hope you get your t shirt business up, we will keep you busy that is for sure. Have you checked into small business things that you could get to help you get started?

(((((((((((((((((Shirley)))))))))))))))))))
That really sucks! Keep your head up, this is a pothole in the road compared to what you have to deal with on a daily basis. (It still SUCKS)
Love,
Yvonne
JDU

Kim
Not sure what I will do I don't want to even think about anything this month. My brain needs a rest, I know I will go to work for my friend that is security but I really want to do this T Shirt thing I am trying to get my sister and niece into it so they can take care of the T Shirt thing while I continue to work. We will see.
Shirley

Yvonne
You are so right after the initial upset over this I realized I have lived through so much worse. This is probably a good thing it will all work out.
Thank you
Shirley

Shirley,
You talking to your Jimmy does NOT sound crazy, I talk to my Gerrick all the time. When I read that, I had to post here to let you know that. You have been through the worst of the worst already, NOTHING they do can ever be worse, ever. Your Jimmy is right, listen to him!
Love from Gerrick's Mom, Diane