WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How Long Will The Pain Last?

"How long will the pain last?" a broken hearted mourner asked me. "All the rest of your life." I have to answer truthfully. We never quite forget. No matter how many years pass, we remember. The loss of a loved one is like a major operation. Part of us is removed, and we have a scar for the rest of our lives. As years go by, we manage. There are things to do, people to care for, tasks that call for our full attention. But the pain is still there, not far below the surface. We see a face that looks familiar, hear a voice that echoes, see a photograph in someone's album, see a landscape that once we saw together, and it seems as though a knife were in the wound again. But not so painfully. And mixed with joy, too. Because remembering a happy time is not all sorrow, it brings back happiness with it.

How long will the pain last?
All the rest of your life. But the thing to remember is that not only pain will last, but the blessed memories as well. Tears are a proof of life. The more love, the more tears. If this be true, then how could we ever ask that the pain cease altogether. For then the memory of love would go with it. The pain of grief is the price we pay for love.

Arthur Unknown

Re: How Long Will The Pain Last?

The pain lasts forever, if my son was alive today would be his birthday and the pain is killing me today. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.
Hot tears today. and my head is about to bust, I want to get drunk and pass out.

Angie,
Thanks for sharing with us...how true it is...those everyday ocurrences that everyone goes through life encountering mean little or nothing while just one of them may set us over the edge and cause a major meltdown. I am writing them all down so if and when we ever have a trial and I get my turn to speak I am going to remind the jury down to every last detail how our lives have not only been shattered and devasted but how even the smallest things cause our chest to feel like it is going to collapse from the grip it has on our hearts from the pain.
Laura

Dear Angie
I love that everyone posts these poems of how we feel but may not be able to put into words.Thank you all,and moms keep sending these in as I just feel myself nodding at each word like saying yes, yes ,yes ,that is how I feel too .I'm sorry that this feeling is shared by so many but thank God we all have us to turn to.God has sent many angels our way to be a comfort to us in our sorrow and I do feel relief because of all of you and your sharing.Many Hugs your way.God Bless and Keep you.Barb/Nicky's MOM

The pain lasts forever.
Patricia I am so sorry for your pain today. I know it is intensified with this being his birthday. You are in my prayers.

My son was murder 9 months ago, March-9-2008, His birthday was March 12 2008 He would have been 43 years old, I will tell you a little about it, My son`s wife and there 23 years old son, Beat my son haft to death and then stabe him 3 times in the back with a 16 inch butcher nife, It cut his liver into all his stomped and bowel,and a lot more stuff,He was already dead from that, and then thay shot him with a 9 m.m gun strate throught the heart, Thay said him and his son got into a fight, over his son heating his wife.I teach my son`s not to hit a woman, I have one son left, My son that got murder was my first son,Him and his wife had been married 14 years and he had nelver hit her,Thay are still walking the streets and nothing has been done yet, It is sopose to go to the grand jury in janury sometimes,He was a great son he nelver gave me no trouble, Me and there Dad has been divorce for 21 years, I nelver got no outher man I raseed my children by my self,I am disable now I live on my little check now, He help me a lot, I have one son got kild by a drunk driver when he was 2 12 months old, I was in the car and I almost died, So now I have left 2 children, A daughter that is 39 years old she has a bad heart she has a pacemaker sent she was 31 years old, And I have a son that is 36 years old, I am 61 years old, I have lost bouth parnts and a Brother 2 months befor my son got murder, He was only 67 years old with a heart attice, But nothing like this have I every went throught in my life, It is only getting worse,I went to get help, At all this places you have said but it still has not help, I Am now getting books and stuff from murder children, That Melissa Peeler got me in. I meant to say my son`s wife didnot have a place on her not even a bruse, And my grandson had 1 broken finger and a 3 stiches in is head, No outher place on him, I had to get a lawer to get a hour and a half with my son body. You all pray something will be done. I hope you can read this, I had nelver been on a computer in my life until my son got murder, And something is happen to it, It was my daughter`s old one , Thay are a topix on richmond,Ky, That say`s wife shot and kild`s husdand, I go on there and wright poems when I find them on the computer, My name is Christine Buttry, Mine address is 934 Big Hill Rd, Mt.Vernon Ky, 40456, Thank you for hearing me out. The poems help me a lot.

My son was murder 9 months ago, March-9-2008, His birthday was March 12 2008 He would have been 43 years old, I will tell you a little about it, My son`s wife and there 23 years old son, Beat my son haft to death and then stabe him 3 times in the back with a 16 inch butcher nife, It cut his liver into all his stomped and bowel,and a lot more stuff,He was already dead from that, and then thay shot him with a 9 m.m gun strate throught the heart, Thay said him and his son got into a fight, over his son heating his wife.I teach my son`s not to hit a woman, I have one son left, My son that got murder was my first son,Him and his wife had been married 24 years and he had nelver hit her,Thay are still walking the streets and nothing has been done yet, It is sopose to go to the grand jury in janury sometimes,He was a great son he nelver gave me no trouble, Me and there Dad has been divorce for 21 years, I nelver got no outher man I raseed my children by my self,I am disable now I live on my little check now, He help me a lot, I have one son got kild by a drunk driver when he was 2 1 months old, I was in the car and I almost died, So now I have left 2 children, A daughter that is 39 years old she has a bad heart she has a pacemaker sent she was 31 years old, And I have a son that is 36 years old, I am 61 years old, I have lost bouth parnts and a Brother 2 months befor my son got murder, He was only 67 years old with a heart attice, But nothing like this have I every went throught in my life, It is only getting worse,I went to get help, At all this places you have said but it still has not help, I Am now getting books and stuff from murder children, That Melissa Peeler got me in. I meant to say my son`s wife didnot have a place on her not even a bruse, And my grandson had 1 broken finger and a 3 stiches in is head, No outher place on him, I had to get a lawer to get a hour and a half with my son body. You all pray something will be done. I hope you can read this, I had nelver been on a computer in my life until my son got murder, And something is happen to it, It was my daughter`s old one , Thay are a topix on richmond,Ky, That say`s wife shot and kild`s husdand, I go on there and wright poems when I find them on the computer, My name is Christine Buttry, Mine address is 934 Big Hill Rd, Mt.Vernon Ky, 40456, Thank you for hearing me out. The poems help me a lot.

Dear Christine
I am so sorry for your loss.I'm glad you came to the mom's for some help.Everyone here cares about you and will pray for you and be here to talk when you need it.I don't understand why your daughter in law and grandson are walking around free.Are you talking to the DA for your son's case? You must be able to get some answers.It has been 9 months if not the DA call the cops till you get an answer.Let us know what happens after you call.That is horrible a son murdered and by your grandson.Boy that's a tough one.I will pray for you may God Bless you and keep you.Keep writing.Many Hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

Christine, call the DA and detectives until you get some answers. We have found, as others here have, that the squeaky wheel does get the oil. It takes parents pushing sometimes. I know with Kaylin's case, it helped a lot and we are not finished yet. You are your sons voice now and you will need to be the one to push for justice. Sad to say that at the worst moment in your life you have to find the strength to push on for your baby. Use your pain and anger to help you fight for your sons rights. We are all here for you and will keep you in our prayers.

Christine
We moms stick together and sadly now you are one of the group, we will all be here to give you support and listen. Like Barb and Kim said you are now the voice of your son keep calling the police, DA or anyone else you can to get some answers. We all know how hard this is just don't give up. And remember we are here for you.
Sending you a big big hug.
Jimmy's mom
Shirley

Keara has been dead for 2 years and 8 months and so much of the time the pain is so raw. I go through the motions of living but still find it so hard to feel joy. I feel bad because her children and my other children and grandchildren are still here and I wish I could feel happier for them. All my children live far away and Keara is the one who was in my life on a daily basis. I talked to her every day and the pain of having her ripped from my life is still so intense. I cry every day still and I just want to skip the holidays. I don't feel like celebrating. I just want to stay home in my pajamas with my dogs. But I can't. We are going to my sister's whose husband has been dead for one year today. I still so many times can't wrap my mind around the fact that this is real. How could this be? My work was domestic violence and Keara was murdered by her boyfriend. Lost my job because of that. Now my mom has been dead for almost two years. This is just too much pain. I want to run away but I would be taking me with me so that won't work.

This pain is forever with us as it gets closer to Joshua's birthday 12/24/1987 i find myself getting so angry again ,because i'm face to deal with reality that my baby is gone and never coming back.I hate to say that i'm still in denial about his muder because i can't face the void in my heart so i close myself off from anyone or anything.help me cause i'm losing this battle his case is at astale mate no answers no closuer!!!!!!!!!