WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barb, got a question for you

Hope you don't mind. I was telling in chat how my det. said that Rm 306 they sit behind bullet proff glass! I was so shocked to hear this, I know you were in that room, can you just kind of give me a kind of run down on what to expect? The court advocate who I spoke to 2 months ago just tells me if it's still on or not. I have not met with anyone as they said they are overwhelmed. But she said they are always in the court rooms, did any advocates approach you when you were there?

I'm just so nervous I just want to know what I'm in for. He told me that this is just the prelim, not like a trial would be, don't give me much detail which is fine with me but I just was like, bullet proff glass? and he said the only thing is I might not hear to well, so does that mean the judge, DA, and defense attys all sit behind the glass and then the other people sit there looking in??? That's just so crazy.

Thanks for any input you can give me. I told my sister we are wearing our shirts, and my son wants to wear his fatigues LOL, he is going military style!

BTW did they give you a court date from the prelim?
Just wondering how long the next date would be.

So many questions......

God Bless
Bette
Timmys mom

Re: Barb, got a question for you

Dear Bette I wasn't going to tell you but I planned on going Wed to rm 306.It's probably at 9:30 they all are.Yes it is bullet proof due to the fact that so many victims families would probably jump across the room and try to kill the murderers.I got front row seats I wanted to look at them and make them squirm.This didn't happen as I thought they looked cocky sitting there staring over their shoulder at me.It wasn't hard to figure out who I was I was the one who couldn't stop crying.The advocate actually locates you she has a big clip board and marks down your name and who came with you.If she doesn't just look for the girl with the clip board and tell her you're there.Like I said I was planning on going so if that's not ok with you write me back.The advocates are very nice and keep you informed afterwards about the next steps.What to expect:there will be other cases that day and depending where Timmy's case falls that's how long you will be in there.Everything will go according to plan unless one of the defense attorneys doesn't show.Then it could be continued again.The victims family sits on the right and the murderers family sits on the left.You have every right to call your DA Monday and see if he can call you on Tues if he hears that there is going to be a problem with the other attorneys not showing,meaning the case would be continued.Your DA is not too busy to call you back don't let them get away with that.Mine calls me that day if not within 24 hrs.Remain strong stand up for your rights,we pay these people's salary and my DA was the one who told me this.If this is the preliminary they are just going to see if they have probable cause to hold them over for trial.Things will get introduced which your DA already knows how he is planning his attack so you must call him.I'm with you girl just let me know if I'm being too intrusive.Except for crying don't comment they tell you because the judge takes all this into consideration and it is not favorable for the victim's family.They can't stop us from crying though and there was plenty of that for the judge to see.If you ever need anyone to talk to Bette I'm here.Email me and I will give you my phone number.Many hugs your way Barb/Nicky's MOM

Hi Barb, Oh thank you so much for the information and you are so kind to be there, I appreciate the support and even though not under the best circumstances we'd get to meet. Well I dont' plan on saying a word, and I already warned everyone not to say anything. My det. called me and told me he would let me know if it gets changed, I know who the DA is but never called her, didn't know if I was allowed to as the det always gets back to me. So I will look for the girl with the clip board, thanks! Yes I cannot believe they are behind bullet proof glass. i don't think they will look at me, I really don't expect it and if the do, I will just stare right back at them. my son has a friend who is in the same jail as one and she was visiting him and she said she saw him there and said stuff but he just put his head down. the guards had to tell her to keep quiet. I'm a nervous wreck, I was so sick yesterday with a terrible back ache and migraine and still have it. Not so bad as yesterday but I think it's stress.

Well I will be there with Timmy's picture t-shirt on. No one said I couldn't wear it! I will have a shirt on underneath in case they said I have to take it off.

Well I appreciate you're coming, and I look forward to meeting you. Thanks for the info. So you think I should call the DA? or just wait for the det. he said he'd call me first if anything changes.

Thanks
God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Dear Bette
I can't express enough how important it is to call the DA Monday and touch base with her.Do you at least know her name if not call the DA's office and tell her your son's name and make them connect you.Leave a message if you have to and tell her it is urgent that you speak with her.If she doesn't call back I'd be suprised.It's the DA's office that can call their defense lawyers and see what is up.The DA should be taking you into a small room off to the side to talk with you before the prelim starts.I will be there in case you need some help.The whole sever the cases for prelim only may be one of the DA's options if one of the defense lawyers cancels but the other one is there.In Nicky's case they kept postponing the one kids because his lawyer is famous and he always had other cases in other counties so he was a "busy man".Finally that is when our DA said we want to sever the cases for prelim only.It worked out for us.They will bring the cases back together come trial.You definetly want to know the stragedy that the DA has planned for Timmy's case.The detectives are good too but it is the DA you want to be in contact with now.She is the one that will make or break his trial.Bring a picture of Timmy and give it to the DA.Let her know who she is defending and how special he was and is.Looking forward to meeting you.As for the shirt as long as it doesn't have anything written against those who murdered Timmy it will be alright to wear.My son wore his and the DA didn't make him take it off but the front read DNA made us brothers here on earth and the back read Jesus made us brothers for eternity,and there was a picture of him and Nicky on the front and back.The DA said the DNA reference wasn't good because the judge might think there was DNA evidence when there wasn't I thought can't you just read the shirt,that's not what it says but we didn't wear them after that.I'm praying for you and looking forward to meeting you Wed.If you have any more questions or if you need help contacting the DA write back on the forum I will always answer.Many Hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

Just jumping in here, at Jim's prelim there was evidence produced not all just enough for the judge to decide to hold the POS over for trial. So be prepared to maybe hear some details of what happened that night. Also you might want to ask about the shirt with Timmy's picture we were not allowed to wear anything like that until sentencing. Sentencing day will be your day you can wear what ever you want with Timmy's picture and you will finally have the chance to speak your mind.
I am sure Marlin's lawyer told him not to look at us but he would glance over every once in awhile anyway.
You will have tons of support if not in body in sprit 'cause we will all be with you.
Love and hugs Jimmy's Mom Shirley

Thank you Barb, and Shirley, thank you for the support. I will do that Barb, I do have her name. I will just call her up and should I ask what is her strategy? Or just say I spoke to the det and he said it was still on Wed and I wanted to make sure? I don't even know what to say or ask. I'm just such a nervous wreck. No our shirts don't say anything bad. We didn't know then when the shirts were made who it was at the time. It's got his picture, then it says his name I think RIP and "sunrise 12/31/91 sunset 7/13/08" My shirt has a beautiful poem on the back and the top it says "Mom". It's the picture of him from grade school, the younger picture that you can see his big blue eyes in. It's a nice shirt, nothing bad on it at all. OMG, I'm just a mess. I had such a bad migraine yesterday and my back hurts which is why I think I got the migraine, I think it is all stresss. Then we found out Fri. that our office is moving to Conshohocken, I know you would know Barb, it's like an hour drive back and forth and getting there is a joke! I'm not happy about this at all, I used to work out there right after Matt was born, it was hard to do with little babies, and now I'm not seeing great at night time, jeez, just more stuff to worry about. I know I'm just one big complainer, never seems like things go right anymore. My life just fell apart after Timmy died, seriously it seems like everything just turned sour, nothing is the same, always bad things happening. It's like all the joy went with him. I know he wouldn't want me to think that way, but it's just so hard not to. sorry for the vent, but thank you for being here for me.

I can't wait to meet you! and it's snwoing right now and I have my visit to see my oldest tomorrow and that's out in West Chester!!! hour back an hour to. I hope it's not bad out there, I would not want to miss seeing him I've been wanting to see him for over a month. We had a family session but you know it's not the same as one on one, my sister is going with me. sigh.... pray the snow stops soon :)

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Dear Bette Yes it is snowing but it is a wet snow,Laura would probably laugh at us,if she saw our snow vs hers.I don't like driving in any kind of snow though you never know when it will turn to ice.Yes by all means wear your shirt.The family before us had theirs on and no one makes you take them off,they just suggest if it has anything derogatory written on it not to wear it but yours sounds fine.I too am looking forward to meeting you and your sister and son.Yes call the DA and ask her what her strategy will be.That way you can think on it and if you have questions overnight you will see her in court and ask her.Answer the phone with pad and pen in hand and write it down.Think up some questions before hand that you always wanted to know.It doesn't matter if the detective already told you the answer ask again if you are unsure.It also gives you an idea of how much she has been studying the case and what she knows. Make sure she is doing her homework.Sorry about the work move that is tough long ride and I hate 76.Something will go your way Bette I feel it.God Bless and Hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM