WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pre trial

Dear Moms
Feeling a little blue today .Please keep my family in prayer tuesday morning for Nicky's pre trial.Thanks and love to you all

Re: pre trial

i will be praying for you and your family hoping everthing will go right joann-hubert mom.

Barb
You will be in my thoughts tomorrow and my prayers tonight.
Jim's Mom Shirley

Your family will most definitely be in our thoughts tomorrow. Know that Nicky will be there with you and his love will give you the strength to do what must be done. Remember what Nicky would want for you and what would make him happiest mom...try to enjoy your birthday even if just for a little bit...for NIcky and your family. Remember tomorrow you will get your lifeline to NIcky with that new computer.Maybe that is why they are making you wait...Maybe NIcky told them. You know if you ever need anything where you can find me or any of us moms for that matter. Hugs and prayers being sent right through this messageboard.
Laura Av & Our Girls

Barb we will surely keep you in our prayers. I hope all goes well for you.

The process is very long, stressful, and heartbreaking. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks for all the kind replys.I walk into court feeling you all with me in spirit.It helps more than you know.Hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

Oh I keep you in my prayers, and hold onto that comfort your Nick is with you.

Are you going to 13th & Filbert Sts? That is where I have to go, please let me know how things go. I can't imagine what you are feeling. We still need to do the preliminary and that's in 2 weeks.

Please let us know how you make out. I am holding you tight in my prayers.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Your Nick, will be with you. Remeber, He has not left and gone away, he's standing right beside you, so take his hand and walk with him, let his spirit guide you. Be stong.
I can be changed by what happens to me I refuse to be reduced by it.
kayt

Barb:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. Nick is right there with you. Stay strong girl.

Nanci

Baarb, how did things go for you? I have been worried about you and hope it went the way that you hoped.

Dear Kim and MOMS
After waiting 4 hrs through others pre trial's to be heard because HIS defense lawyer was late yet again we thought the judge was going to post pone it again,but I think he realized when he saw like 40 people and we were getting angry because this is the 4th time it was post poned he said take a 20 minute break till the defense lawyer shows up.He did eventually show and it lasted like 3 minutes.He's held for 2nd degree because he didn't shoot Nicky the other one did and conspiracy and robbery,so we were pretty pleased.The perp twerp was cocky as could be smirking and all.Arraignment is Dec 16th.I would have responded sooner but I went to the cemetary and my kids had a cake and so did my sisters and I had phone calls all day,and I feel asleep on the couch.I want to thank everyone for their concern and prayers.I felt great strength when I was in there.Yes Bette I was at 13th and Filbert and if you ever need another person to go with you let me know I would be happy to accompany you.Thanks again for all your concern and prayers,I felt great strength walking in there.God Bless and love and hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

[

]=

Barb I've been thinking about you all yesterday and today! I was getting nervous I was ready to e-mail you directly! I can't believe that this was your 3rd pre-trial. OMG what am I going up against? This is the preliminary I have on the 10th. This is like the 3rd time for this and I'm just wating for a call saying its postponed. Oh, one other thing, so there were 2 guys with your son? are they being tried separately? Because we have two, too and one thing I don't want to do is have it tried separately. 4 hours for 3 mins. don't you just love it. Well at least he is still in jail and will be there for long time. That is what gets me thru all this, and yes I go to 13th & Filbert too, did you go to Room 306? I heard that's were they usually are tried at. Oh I get anxiety attack just thinking about it. Well i don't have 40 people going but we have a good handfull. I know a lot of Timmy's friends wanted to go but I think you have to be over 18, plus there is school, so I just have to believe they are there in spirit! I'm glad things went as well as can be expected. So when is next date? Maybe I could try and go even just to meet you! I don't work to far from there I am in center city, maybe 6 blocks away.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Dear Bette
There were two involved.The reason they severed the cases for the pre trial hearings was because of this lawyer from yesterday not showing up Sept 24th so they just severed it for the pretrial and went ahead with the shooters pre trial Sept 24th.When the trial starts probably a year from now they will try them together unless they try to make a deal.We are told in advance about any deals they have to run that by us first.I would let Timmy's friends come if they want to there is strength in numbers no matter what age and my nieces and nephews who were 15 and 16 went.There is no age limit and yes it was rm 306.At least for now I am pleased that we get to breathe for a year knowing they are locked up and unable to hurt anyone else.This was actually the 4th time we went to court for this particular twerp.His arraignment is Dec 16th which neither he nor us can attend.It is the formal charging.Which cemetary is Timmy buried at? Trust me we will meet when the time is right.Shortly I hope.God Bless and hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

Barb:

I am so glad that day is over for you, being your birthday and all you should have been able to something for yourself, rather that have to look at the POS.

Why isn't anyone allowed at the araingment? That's where the DA in our case uped the charges from 2nd degree to 1st, yet because the defense attorney waived the reading of the charges it took me 2 months for the court records to get changed. The clerk at the courthouse kept saying the records were acurate and I kept saying no they weren't. Make sure you at least find out what exactly happened at the court hearing. Here is WI we are allowed to attend court everytime, they say you don't HAVE to, but of coarse we are there everytime, whether they say nothing is going to happen or not, I don't trust any of them, DA, Judge, Advocate I need to see and hear for myself.

Hope you had as good of a B-Day as possible, we've missed chatting with you at night.

Hugs to you
Nanci

Barb
Glad at least that part is behind you. I don't understand why you aren't allowed to go to the arraignment that just doesn't sound right to me. I went to everything except jury selection the DA didn't want us there because she thought that would give the defense attorney something to use against us.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday
Big Hugs Jim's Mom Shirley

I don't understand the court proceedings at all. From what I was told, they were arraigned first. No bail. The a prelim was set and was postponed because no defense counsel was in place, I was told I did not have to attend and I didn't. the second one the one defense atty backed out and the one guy had to get another one, so it was postponed again and a hearing was set just for "status". This is hopefully the final preliminary. I will let the kids know, but I really would like all to go for the trial part, I feel that will be when I need the most support. I don't want to see these guys, I just makes me sick to my stomach. Any of you mom's who have went thru the court process already I am very proud of you all.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Dear Moms
Preliminary hearing and pretrial are the same thing according to my Da.Reading off the paper the advocate gave me it states your case has been held over for trial.The arrainment is on 12/16 this is the next stage after the prelim or pre trial date.purpose is for the defendant's plea to be formally entered on the record.It lasts only a couple of minutes and the defendant is not present.The defendant's attorney will be present and an automatic not guilty plea will be entered on behalf of the defendant.Family and friends of the victim and the defendant are not permitted to be present at the arraingment.We may call the advocate or da 2 days later to see what happened.
Next stage after the arraignment is the status hearings.Purpose The defendant's attorney and the district attorney appear before a judge to inform him of the status of the case.They have to keep the judge up to date as to their progress towards a trial date.Status hearings can last over a period of 6-9 months sometimes longer.You do not have to attend the status hearings,which of course we will anyway.I of course will attend anything I am allowed to attend but all this stuff is not in rm 306 anymore Bette,we're done with that room.From what I understand the arraignment is a closed door event.The defendant is not brought over from jail for this.It's all a lawyer thing.I will look into this further and update you.Thanks for all the MOMS comments those who have been thru this already are giving valuable info to those of us just going thru these things now.God Bless and Hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

Thank you Barb, I know how to look up the docket and it shows there was an arrainment plus prelims which were postponed then the status hearing whch was back in Sept. now is the prelim set for 12/10. I have not talked to the DA ever, no one from that office has called me, the only one I've talked to is the detective. I have numbers for the advocate but after the last one (status hearing) never heard again. i assume I will have to wait until prelim to find out what is going on, hopefully they give me a booklet like they gave you :)

Thanks for the info.

Bette
Timmy's mom