WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANGEL TRIVIA IN THE CHAT ROOM

Dear MOMS
I don't know much ,but here's what I do know:

1) Most of us MOMS love when someone visits our angels web site or lights a candle for them or writes in their guest book.
Why? Because in doing that it shows that someone still cares.It validates their existence.It keeps them alive in our hearts.

2) Most of our angels were happy,carefree pranksters who loved a good joke
Where do you think they got that from? Yes it was us! We helped shape their personalities to become the angels they are .This is evident in the chat room antics that go on.I feel like I can hear all of you giggling like they would want us to.

3)Talent:poems,singing,writing,racing,riding,sports,swimming,hiking, the list goes on and on.accomplishments that our children achieved
After reading poems and seeing kimis appear and the creativity that went into our angels web sites I say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.Yes you MOMS their MOM's are quite unique,you see not only did we teach our angels but they taught us too

4) I need to survive if not for me but for my son who would have wanted it that way
I know I can't do that alone,That's where all you come in.You see I need all of you to be able to continue to be the MOM my son would say "that's my mom
isn't she cute"?

5) I need a fun way to remember my son with the holidays approaching
You see my son may be crying because he knows I'm unhappy and I don't want him feeling that way.I don't want to be the cause of his unhappiness for I know he loved me
Please go to the next message for the idea.Hope you like it

Re: ANGEL TRIVIA IN THE CHAT ROOM

I didn't know you run out of room,so i had to continue in 2 messages it wouldn't let me type anymore anyway.Angel trivia is something like this

Any MOMS that would want to play will list their names along with their angels name in this forum by say next Wed 11/26

They will think up 5-8 questions to ask the other MOMS about their angel.
Only happy positive questions should be asked
Example what is my child's nickname,or what school did they go to or favorite sport?
We will elect a host to keep score on what MOM got the most answers correct
The winner will get a trophy to put on their web site.Laura/Kim we need your help here!!!
We will pick a time say Sat or Sun to go on and play
Please list along with your name what day and time would be good for you
This will get all the MOMS to get to know all of the angels that at least are part of the game because they will be on your angels web site searching for info
If you don't have a web site ( I don't yet) list maybe their area newspaper guest book list how to get on it next to your sign up name
You can also list who you would like to host the game
Well I hope you like the idea,it's just a suggestion we all can share this holiday season.Who knows maybe we can do it for every holiday that comes up
Much Love,prayers and hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM
Everyone must use their real names

Wonderful idea and let me be the first to sign up.

I am Kim and my beautiful angel is Kaylin. Kaylin has two websites. Her first website is never going to change just because I can't remember how to change it. (It was a hard website to figure out) so for the game I would want to us her website at www.kaylinmariemathews.memory-of.com. Her link to this website can be gone to from my post if you click that little computer.
I vote for Barb for host. She is great and came up with this wonderful idea for us to get to know each others angels better.
Saturday works the best for me, but if Sunday is better for everyone else I will work it out. :)

I'm Kayt, Wes Matheson, is my angel and I would love to play. Sat or Sunday is fine with me.

Hey Barb,
That is a great idea...I see you even got booted off of the message board and had to sign back in. I don't know if I have ever even seen that happen before LOL. Before you go any further there is one issue you should address How are you going to deal with MAD in the chatroom. I have witnessed it and hope it does not stand in the way of the game. I think you should be the "Host" until Nicky gets a website and then you will have to endure with us after that. Talk to you later....MAD....Moms w Attention Deficit
Laura

great barb sat or sun is fine if i can remember my angel is hubert

Laura, who has MAD? Surely not any of our.....yes penguins can swim......omg, did you see that flower there? :):):)

Count me in sat or sun just name the time.
I have started a memorial site for Jim but not much there yet, best place to check him out is myspace rip my jimmy from there you can go to his myspace.
hugs Jimmy's Mom Shirley

I want to play! My name is Angie and my son is Eugene Cruz Patino. Sunday's are good for me. One more thing...I just want to thank all the MOMS who have gone into Gene's site and have lit candles for him. Thank you!!!:-)

I will love to play I guess i misse a lot last night :) Sorry couldn't make it, had a migraine. I'd probably be in last place because my memory is terrible though I do try and remember as much as I can for some reason it just doesn't stay with me. that's why sometimes I might ask a quesiton that could have been answered so many times, it's not that I don't care :) :), it's just my brain is frazzled. So Sat. or Sunday? What time?

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Dear Moms
I know there is some real xtra sadness hitting everyone this week and again to all you moms please hang in there.I've actually had the best week I've had in 8 months due to all of you but that can change on a dime and we all know it!
Please check out this forum wed for a complete list of moms and their angels along with the rules of the game.It looks like Sat is better for some people but if that means someone who wants to play can't we can re-think a better day.It seems like 9:00 eastern time is a good time but again if that's no good we'll work it out.So as it stands Sat 11/29 at 9:00 eastern.So study up and let the games begin.Laura/Kim or anyone else can you think up how to get a trophy on the angels site? If not let me know and I will try to see if my sister knows how.It looks like I'll be the host.I'm like you Bette frazzeled with most information.I don't retain it as well anymore.I am so glad that you all are on board with this.I'm actually looking forward to it! God Bless and Hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

Dear MOMS
With the firsst annual Thanksgiving trivia just days away Sat 11/29 at 9:00 pm eastern time it's time for the rules of the game:

Players:

MOM Angel

Kim Kaylin
Kayt Wes
Laura Lisa
Joann Hubert
Shirley Jimmy
Angie Eugene
Bette Jimmy

There is a 10 point bonus question I will ask at the end about Nicky,so for those of you who thought you only had 7 angels to look up think again.His answer will be found on his guest book entries since I won't have a site for him on the memorial page yet.
Anyone wishing to play who has not signed up please give your name and your angels no later than Friday 11/28 to give MOMS time to go on sites to look up info.

RULES OF THE GAME

Everyone will sign in at 9pm 11/29
the order of questions asked will be as you sign in that will be your number
No fake names
10 questions per Angel/MOM
After the first MOM/Angel has asked her questions I will tally up and let each MOM know her score for that round
The Mom who answers FIRST the correct answer will take the point for that question.(so typing fast is a requirement for winning)
I will only be hosting,not playing but there is the Bonus question worth 10 points
No interrupting questions unless agreed by between me and the angels MOM
this is done because it is the first correct answer typed in that wins that question
Only happy carefree questions about our Angels
Each Question with the exception of Nicky's will be worth 1 point
Even if you think another MOM answered the question right first answer anyway
you never know what the outcome will be
A trophy will be placed on your angel's site if you are the winner
Well good luck and happy hunting MOMS see you Sat
God Bless Happy Thanksgiving and Hugs to you all

There is some fierce competition I hear

Dear Bette
I am so sorry i did a typo of Timmy's name and didn't know how to take it back.For all you MOMS out there it is

MOM Angel
Bette Timmy

again I am so sorry Bette

Love and hugs Barb/Nicky's MOM

hi barb i can't play saturday i have to work at nite i get off at 10 30 pm i am so sorry i was looking to play the game ,my love and hugs to all joann hubert mom.

Oh that's ok :)

I am looking forward to it, but know I will lose LOL I have a terrible memory so please mom's forgive me if I don't know the answers, LOL

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Barb:

Sorry I won't be able to play as I will be at work and I have to running in and out. Have fun and it's a great idea.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

Dear MOMS
Is everybody ready? Tonight 9pm eastern time in the chat room.6 MOMS are playing
Laura/Lisa
Bette/Timmy
Kim/Kaylin
Kayt/Wes
Angie/Eugene
Shirley/Jimmy

For those who couldn't join us tonight we are sorry you can't make it,but maybe we'll do it again.Good Luck MOMS!!!

I will be there :)
Laura

My time is mountain...so are you two hours ahead?

Dear MOMS
Well the first annual Angel Trivia in the chat room went very well.Congrats to the WINNERS Laura/Lisa's Mom with a score of 13 1/2.Kim/Kaylin's mom came in a close second with a score of 9 1/2.Shirley approaching fast with a score of 8.and Kayt closing with 2.As all of our ANGELS are winners as well as their MOMS I felt all had a good time and I learned a great deal about the ANGELS through participating.Thanks to all who played.We missed all who were unable to attend maybe next time.Love and Hugs to all Barb/Nicky's MOM
P.S.A special thanks to AVICKIE for always silently participating in our ANGELS behalf.

Dear Laura or AV or KIm
Any luck with the trophies? I may be able to ask my neighbor who is helping me with Nicky's memorial page.I just didn't want to if you were working on this already.Many hugs.Barb/Nicky's MOM