WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Impact statement

I took a poem that was posted here and changed it to fit for me here it is.

This is for my son because his voice was never heard.
For me, no gavel hammers, the scales of justice were never weighed.
My crime was that of a victim, My life the price I paid.
Why when my life was taken were my rights not read? The statement Overruled was never heard when I was pronounced dead!
I could never even hear my rights or take the witness stand, there was no defense attorney to defend me, my fate was in a murderer’s hands.
Today the courtroom is crowded as Mr. Marlin pleads his case, with just a glimmer of a tear in
the eyes of that cold face. Oh but if I could have taken that stand, and the jury witnessed my last
breath, the fear and terror of knowing there was a bullet in my chest, knowing also this was my last hour on earth and that this I could never survive.
If they could see the way it went down, and the hatred in those eyes, at least I would know the scales of justice had finally been balanced in my case.
If I could have told that jury just exactly how it was, the fear and pain I went through struck down without a cause.
Did the jury carefully weigh it all? As they listened to the plea?
He is showing no emotions now just hoping to go free!
The final verdict has come down it is 2nd degree!
And now the sentence will be set, wish I had fared so well, my sentence Death, his a few years in Hell.
I love Jimmy with all my heart, there are no words to express the pain I feel. I miss him more and more with each passing day. If I could, I would take his place in a heartbeat. Jim had so much more life to live and so much more to give.
Mr. Marlin you have taken a precious life the life of my son, the life of a little girls’s daddy, a nephew, grandson, brother, cousin, uncle and friend. You have caused pain and sorrow for a countless number of people. You have devastated my life, Jimmy was my rock and my very best friend, although you took Jim from us in body you could never take his spirit or his memory they will live in the hearts of many through out their lifetime.

When I got to the part about Jim being my very best friend I was crying so hard it came out my Berry Best friend. Oh well I bet no one even noticed.
Love and Hugs to you all
Thanks for the laughs you ladies made my day so much better. You all make my life much better.
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

Re: Impact statement

Oh Shirley, now I'm crying. You are so strong, and those words, the pain you must have felt saying them. God I can't even type. I'm crying so hard, I think I hope I cn be as strong as you when it is my time to do this. I can't even imagine what I'd say but Timmy was my best buddy, my love, my life, and I feel like I have nothig anymore. The heart break when these *******s did this to our babies, their pirce will be hell for eternity. I'm srry I'hm shaking so hard I can't even write what I want to say. What a great impact statement, it has touched me to the core.

Bette
Timmy's mom

Yes, thanks Shirley. Yes you will be able to do it Bette and it will come from the heart too. I had to send a vedio of my statement and then I got to read one when I came face to face with the two boys(who were in prison) when I flew back to Hawaii for the 4th time for the parole hearing. That one was even better because I could look into their eyes and hold them captive like they held my son.

omg omg shirley,you made my cry thank's you too for making me laugh.i did not get my tatoo yet i hope i will get it soon love and hugs joann hubert mom.

Shirley,
That is an awesome impact statement which I shouldn't even have to be saying to you because Jimmy should be here and that little coward should be the one this world had taken as we have no use for these scum. Just wanted to let you know how much I liked it. I hope all is going okay today I know how hard it must be.
Laura

Dear Shirley
Thanks for sharing with us what is so obviously painful for you.It said alot and you have helped us all with your sharing it.By the way I like the berry best friend.God Bless you and many Hugs your way.Barb/Nicky's MOM

Shirley thank you for sharing that. It must have been so hard to do but I know you did it for Jimmy. The poem is so fitting too. I am glad you shared this.

When I read the poem I thought it was so perfect I was having such a hard time writting my statement so many things I wanted to say but the poem said it all.
We not only did impact statements we wrote letters to the Judge so it was kinda like getting to let him know twice just how we felt.
Hugs Jimmy's Mom

Shirley,
I mailed both copies to Chris. Sorry I didn't ask but she has to write one and is at aloss because she just keeps writing the same thing over and over and over.
she keeps writing why did you kill my son.

Shirely:

I love the statement, I sure hope the Judge took it to heart when he was sentencing the POS. And as I have said before, I hope when the time comes for me to read an impact statement I have the strength to do it.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

Shirley that statement was so touching and after reading that, if I was to decide his fate, he would be definitely be sentenced to life.I think I mihgt use some of that in my statement. I think you toched a lot of us.God Bless!

If I changed the names, it exactly fits for Joshua. Down to the daughter, and 2nd degree. The murderer was charged with 1st degree, you just never know what you are getting with a jury, and DA,,,what points they need to push,,,,
I am sending you a huge hug
((((((((((((((((((SHIRLEY))))))))))))))
Your love for your son will be the strength that pulls you up off of your knees and back on your feet.
Yvonne
Joshua Underwood's lucky to have had a son like him mom.