WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
suggestion for chatroom

I think there should be a thing that tells you if there's anyone in the chatroom. You know like,by the button that takes you to the chatroom. It should say 'There are (so many) people in the chatroom. I think that would make it easier for us to know whether or not we'd want to enter.

Re: suggestion for chatroom

At the top there are tabs and one of them does tell you a count of people but mine only ever says 1 but it will tell you when someone else is in there. Also on the side when someone enters their name appears beneath your name or at least that is what happens on my computer. I hope this helps.
Laura

i have been going to the chat room .no one was there i will try again soon.

What am I doing wrong on the chat room thingy? It won't even let me type a message. Dad burn it! It really makes me feel dumb. I nearly spit on my computer screen. I have a really bad temper. Oh well maybe one of you smart Mom's will email me and let me know.
kiss kiss
pw

I am sorry you have been having trouble with the chat room, I have changed it to hopefully an easier and more user friendly chat room service. Just sign on with a user name and enter a profile if you like (not necessary to enter)after you get into the chat room you can click on the help button if needed. Please let me know if this is still not user friendly and I will continue looking for a better chat room. MOMS who like to chat can maybe set up times to chat even post on the calendar. Please forgive me if I do not chat, my brain and fingers do not communicate very well and definitely not in a timely manner.

Don't worry Patricia---I banged my head for awhile too until I realized that on the very bottom of the page there are two lines that you must put your mouse between to type. Then when you are done you hit enter and the message should appear on the larger portion of the screen. Your name should appear on the right as well as other names who are in the chat room. Just wait til you get disconnected and it tells you to restart and when you close the room and try to re-enter it tells you that you are already in the room!So I usually make up another name so I can get in and that way I can talk to myself without anyone realizing it! Please don't get me wrong I am not complaining it is a great idea and once we can all get together on it I think it will be fine. It is just like anything else when it comes to the computer you have to first feel stupid, then bang your head, then take a break, if you have a small child or teenager nearby ask them, then go back & regroup. That is my method when it comes to "technology".
Thanks Debbie for everything you have been doing for us moms...I shutter to think where we would be without you. Take care. Laura

Patrica and I got in the chat room a few hours ago. Thanks Deb, just another thoughtful thing you have done for all of us. It was nice being able to chat with Patrica, we actually made each other laugh.