WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sentencing

I am so I don’t even know what I am right now. We went to court went to the avocet’s office she said the DA wanted to talk with us about what would be happening. We were told that the paperwork didn’t get to the judge until today so that this would be continued. She went into a long explanation as to what to expect next, then she told us that a letter from the POS had been intercepted by of all people the post man in this letter Marlin explained to some friend of his where to get a gun and how to hide it by Jimmy’s house then call the police and let them know about the gun. They were going to try to say it was Jim’s gun which just wasn’t found until 10 months later the letter also contained $100. Well the postman thought it was kinda funny that a letter from the jail was being sent to a vacant house and took it back to the jail. The defense attorney still doesn’t know about this letter anyway we all go into the courtroom which is packed with Jimmy’s family and friends and our avocet came to me and said “ They are going ahead with sentencing.” She told me no one in the entire court house could believe it the judge was just finishing up reading all the paperwork so court didn’t start until just after 2:00. The defense went into his whiny crap and motioned for a new trial the DA told the court that we had heard all this in the trial and that the mother knew she should have been there. Well the judge agreed with the DA no new trial. Then the defense attorney started spouting a bunch of crap as to why the judge should change the verdict of the jury from 2nd degree to voluntary manslaughter, the DA told the court why the verdict should stand at 2nd degree and the judge agreed with the DA. Then the probation officer had wanted to tack on another 8 years the defense went through all his reasons why it shouldn’t be and that if they gave the POS the 8 it should be concurrent with the 40 years and the DA told the court why he should get the extra 8 and why it should be consecutive to the 40 years the judge agreed once again with the DA. So what we got was a sentence of 48 years to life and this creep will never be out of prison.
Thank You Lord
And thank all of you for being here for me every step of the way I am so thankful I have all of you in my life.
Love, Hugs and all my prayers that each and every one of you get justice for your children like I got for my Jimmy today.
Jim’s Mom Shirley

Re: sentencing

That is wonderful news Shirley. I am so happy for you and glad that this judge didn't buy his crap. Now I am wondering one thing. I know in Texas prison systems that all incoming and outgoing mail are read by staff unless it is to and from the inmates lawyer. Does CA not have that? If they do then an employee should have caught that letter. I am glad the Postman did.

That's great news , it's always good to hear when one of us gets the proper justice.Praise the lord!

Shirley,
That is great news...I guess that means you didn't have the punch anyone--lol---that too is a good thing. I am glad the postman was able to assist. I deliver mail also so it is nice to know that another letter carrier was able to help ring up the years for him. Jimmy was probaly hi-fiving every time they denied the pathetic attempts to let this scum off the hook. Their is still some justice left in the injustice system if you can take all the that it takes to get to that point. We are so happy for you and your family. Take care. Laura

Oh Shirley,
What wonderful news. Thank you Lord! Thank you Jesus! One more POS off the street. Take care and may God always be at your side.

Got the shivvers reading your post! Thank God! Shirley the Lord was watching, see he works in such mysterous ways, how the postman of all people thought what the heck is this lettr, going to a vacant house, they could have just sat on that for who knows how long, but he went back to the jail and they saw what they did! I believe God's hand was in on all of this, guiding the way!!!!! I can't believe the POS would try and pull this crap!!!! He should get more time just for trying to get someone to put a gun there and paying them! I do hope this gives you some peace in your heart, even just a tiny bit. God bless you and your family!!!

Bette
Timmy's mom
PS - was the idiot's mom there?????

Shirley:

Great news, I'm sure it was very difficult to sit and listen to all the BS, but the end result is what counts, hope he has a good life in the pen lol!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

Thank you all so much, you all helped me through don't know what I would with out you.
I think the POS must have had someone take the letter out for him when they were released. Yes I do think God Intervened on this, what are the odds of the postman thinking something just wasn’t right with the letter. And the defense attorney handed the DA a stack of papers two inches thick late Monday afternoon which she had to read then write up her rebuttal and after she finished with them the Judge had to read them and make his decisions before sentencing.
Bette yes his idiot mother was there she didn’t even get up and say anything in his defense. His father, sister and brother had things to say but everyone just sat there like what the hell are they talking about. Then came my turn to read my impact statement I started out good but then the tears came so I got myself together the best I could and read on. I was told everyone in the courtroom started to cry, then my niece read hers and everyone cried more, then one of my sisters read hers she was really good she stuck it to the POS and also his mother.
This has given me some peace of mind and maybe even some peace in my heart. But like you all it seems like now Jimmy should be able to come home and I know that can never be.
God Bless each and every one of you.
Much Love and Bunches of Hugs
Jimmy’s Mom
Shirley

Shirley, that's the greatest news I've heard in months! I guess the system gets it right once in a while. I hope he is cute, someone is just gonna love him!

Shirley,
I just wanted to say again how happy we are for you. I just sent you an email with an attachment that I think you will like. I just wanted to let you know so you knew it would be okay to open the attachment.
Laura

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GOD BLESS .JOANN-HUBERT.MOM.