WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
They got him.

I just got the call that they made an arrest. The boy was arrested on a murder warrant with a one million dollar bail. I am so glad he is in custody. Now the detectives here have to go and get him. How long is it usually before arraignment?

Re: They got him.

Kim

I am so glad for you, the first court date should be real soon that I think is when they read the charges. He will plea not guilty he has nothing to loose by doing that. I am not sure if he will plea on that day or not. It is all really a blur to me know. This is taking place in California isn't it? If so pray he doesn't give up his rights to a speedy trial because they only have I think three months to get the trial started. Other wise it can take a very long time.
Such good news I can't even tell you how happy I am for you. Now lets pray for at least 2nd degree murder that will carry a 25 to life and when they tag the life on the end in California it means life.
I'll keep you in my prayers, said a prayer for you last night asked the lord to give you some peace of mind and Justice for Kaylin.
Sending Hugs Your Way
Jimmy's Mom Shirley

Kim,
I am so glad they got him. Do you have an advocate? They keep you informed about the process and when each step/hearing is as well as any movement while in the system--in our case when he goes for evaluation or in the extreme cases if they were to escape. Ours is very good but they don't always have all the answers and that is when I call the detectives or the D.A. I figure it is the least they can do after all they are spending $500 a day of our tax dollars each day he is being "evaluated". Ours was 1 week after the murder but was postponed because he didn't have a lawyer. Keep in touch and you will be in our thoughts. Laura

Great news! I don't have any advice for you. Mostly because we never got to have a trial, it went straight to sentencing. What I can tell you, though, is to hold your head high and be strong for your baby girl. She's depending on you. I'm praying for a band of angels to crowd around you and your family. Remember...Be strong.

The lady we have been in contact with from Crime Victim's told us when they got him that she would be our advocate. Right now I call the detective. He has been wonderful with us and answers everything he can. I have told him I want to be there anytime he is in court for what ever reason and no matter how long. He has been very good to us. He told me he would call as soon as he was in custody and he did. I am just so relieved that they have someone in custody.

Kim:

Great news, it must be such a relief to know this person is in custody. If the laws where you are anything like here in WI, he should go to court in your county within a few days after he is there, if I remember correctly it was 10 days after the bond hearing we were in court for the arraignment.
Best of luck to you and your family, remember your daughter is watching out for you.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

That's a blessing, I am so glad, my prayers are with you.

Kim, What wonderful news. Stay strong. I will be praying for you that God gives you the strength to get thru.

Kim that is good news. And laws are different every where. They just made an arrest last month for my son who was killed 15 months ago, so yes I was relieved. But now I'm going thru the jitters. Timmy's prelim is now set for 12/10 a day ater my b/d. They also delayed because they didn't have the defense in place. So far this date has not changed, and as each day gets closer my heart beats faster. I wanted to go to each court day to, but the 3 that they had already were more for legal issues and such and my detective told me not to worry about it because nothing would go on and didn't want me to use a vacation day for nothing. So this way I save up my time for the trial, as I do hope and pray that they keep these guys in there and hold till trial. That's another thing I worry about,that they will get off some how. It's just a new set of worries for me. I hope I'm not scaring you, just wanted you to know what I'm going thru as we might be going thru it together since the arrests are so close together.

Hang in there!

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

Kim, great news! Ours took a few days to go to the arraignment and a few months for the grand jury. It's a long process, but don't get discouraged. Stay in touch with the advocate, they are your inside track to the prosecution and court dates.

Also, ladies! Do not forget about the VICTIMs fund that will help with your funeral bills and also the money spent of going to court and expenses. WV will give up to $6,000 toward the funeral bills, they added up to $12,000 because he had to be brought home and we ended up paying 2 funeral homes plus transportation. Don't think it's morbid, I felt like it was taking blood money at first, but it's there for us parents to help ease the financial burden.

We contacted our advocate today. We are still waiting to hear about the fund.

Kim
Don't hold your breath on that one a month ago I was told because the paperwork got screwed up was why I had not been reimbursed for Jim's funeral expenses and that they were expediting things for me. Well I don't know what their definition of expedite is but mine is get it done ASAP. I still haven't heard a thing.
Is your trial in California?
I was wondering because that is where I am and things went way fast for us. Most don't go so quick but there was another murder here a few months after Jim's and their trial is underway also. Lets just hope and pray things go as quickly for you.
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

They already lost our paperwork once.We got a letter the other day saying it had been sent to someplace else. I work for the State so I know how slow it can be. It gets frustrating and I hope that they will reimburse us so I can get her stone quicker. I hate her not having it yet. The trial should be in SOuthern CA. We are in LA county. He was picked up in Northern CA and will be brought back for arraignment and then I guess we will hurry up and wait on this part of the hell we go through each day. Her autopsy report should be coming soon and I am nervous about reading it but I need to know what happened to her. I mis her. Today I was surprised with tickets to a musical that she and I had wanted to see. It was bittersweet. I found myself crying that she would not experience it. The excitement is not there because my baby cannot be part of it.

Kim, I'm really glad they got him but I do know how slow the court process can be. I would expect it to drag on and if it doesn't you can be pleasantly surprised. I know it's different for everyone but even though Keara's killer is now in prison for life the grieving just continues and I miss her every second of every day. It seems that everything is either bittersweet or just bitter and so much pain. I just wish I had died instead. Dealing with this kind of death is such a nightmare. If you ever want to talk by phone I would be glad to call you if you email me your #. darienrussell@earthlink.net