WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do you accept the loss of your child?

My son was killed 4/16/2008. Yesterday made 6 months.He was my oldest son.I am trying to learn how to accept it.
It has been very hard.I live in Chicago,I can't find any support groups.I visit this site kind of regular and I thank god for so many parents who can encourage
each other because we all share the same pain but, how do you accept it when your child has been murdered?.May God bless and fill the void each one of us has, because God is Love and that's what our love ones were to us.God bless you!

Re: How do you accept the loss of your child?

HI MY NAME IS JOANN MY SON IS HUBERT WAS MURDERED JULY 27 2007 MY LIFE WAS FOREVER CHANGE.DEATH IS SOMETHING WE WILL ALL GO THRU BUT WHEN SOMEONE MURDERED YOUR LOVE ONE .IT IS SO HARD TO ACCEPT WE WILL LIVE WITH THIS FOR LIFE,EACH DAY UNTIL WE SEE OUR LOVE ONES,I CRY EVERY DAY EVEN NOW I AM CRYING,IT TAKE SO MUCH OUT OF US WE LIVE EACH DAY BY TIME.I DON"T THINK YOU WILL EVER COME TO ACCEPT THIS IT LIKE A CANCER,EATING AWAY AT YOU.MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALWAYS JOANN(HUBERT)MOM.

Deborah
I am so sorry for the loss of your son. My son Jim was murdered ten months ago today the 16th also. I don't think I will ever accept it. I hurt and cry for my son every day. He was my rock and my best friend I miss him more and more every day.
I will keep you in my prayers.
God Bless
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

I don't think that I will ever accept that Kaylin is gone, I will just learn to live through it. There isn't a moment I don't think of her. Lately I find myself being alright because I pretend that she is at her friends house or just out, but then it hits me that she is not coming back. I cry every night. A day does not go by that I don't miss her and want her back.

Hi Deborah,
I am sorry to hear about your son. Like Kim said... we never accept it...we learn how to live with it. My son Eugene was murdered May 6, 2007. He was my only son...the oldest of my three children He was 34 years old. He was my best friend. I miss him so much. Even now there are times when I sit and think about what happened and I scream and yell..."Why? Why? Why God...did this have to happen. Why my baby?" I think about him all the time. My heart hurts so bad sometimes that I don't think I can go on living this way. The pain...unbearable sometimes. My heart and prayers go out to you. I am glad you found this site. There are alot of wonderful, strong mothers here that will help you thru this journey. God bless you.

Deborah:

My son was killed on 06-22-08 and I, like the other Moms don't believe I will ever be able to accept it. I have learned to live my new life with the horrible feeling in my heart. This group has helped give me strengh on days I feel I have none.

Have you looked into Parents of Murdered Children to see if they have a group in Chicago? They seem to have chapters in the bigger cities.

My heart goes out to you and all you Moms are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Nanci/Travis' Mom - I love you buddy!

Hello, Debroah. My only son was murdered June 24, 2006. Do you ever accept the fact that you child has been murdered? No. There have been so many emotions over the last several years that I have been through. It's kind of like a continuous roller coaster and no one will let you off. The first 2 years were the worst. I would be driving somewhere and a memory would sweep over me and I would start crying. I took it one day at a time. I refused to let the person, Jennifer Stull, who murdered my son make me a victim also.

In March of this year, I moved from California to Oklahoma, thinking this would help. Well, it doesn't. There is no running away from this heartbreak. Bottom line, someone murdered my son and I will never see him and I will never be the same. No parent of a murdered child will ever be the same.

I stay very busy. I work long hours and then come home and either work in my yard or inside the house. I don't want my mind to have to think. Sometimes, I think I can't take much more heartbreak. I know I have to make through each day for my daughter and grandchildren.

I will never accept the fact that my son was murdered. What I have chosen to do is honor Michael in any way that I can.

God bless you.

NEVER! you never stop missing them ,you never stop wanting them,you never stop thinking about them, your heart never heals but God is so good that with time he has a way of easing the pain and allowing you to live a some-what normal life ( if theirs such a thing).

you never accept the loss of a son or daughter by homicide, because it is so senseless, so unnecessary,all you can is hold on to the hand of God ...and keep talking to the women here who really understand what you are going through..LOVE and PRAYERS, Jackie Tommy's momma

I wish I had an answer. Keara was murdered two and a half years ago. I accept that it happened but have not learned to live with the pain. I miss her every second of every day. I have started a support group for myself and other family members and friends of homicide victims to at least have people to talk to, but my life is not the same and I feel a wound that I don't know will ever heal. I try to find comfort in the family and friends that I still have but even some of those relationships have been damaged. I have made new friends thoughsince Keara's murder and have gotten a lot of love and caring from them. All I know how to do is live munute by minute. I am so sorry you and all of us are going through this terrible experience. Love, Darien Keara's Mom