WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coping With the Loss of a Child

To lose a child of any age—from an infant to an adult child—is one of the greatest shocks a parent can experience. The death of a child is tragic and feels entirely wrong.

"It's so out of sequence and just so unnatural when your child, whom you protected all your life, dies. Is there something you could have done to have spared this?" says Pastor Buck Buchanan.

This grief can be very deep. As Matthew 2:18 says, "A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more."

God knows your sorrow, and no matter how dark or painful your situation, Jesus can bring you hope. Sometimes, though, you feel like rejecting that hope and embracing your despair, as if hopefulness is somehow a betrayal to your child. Do not let Satan manipulate your thoughts in that way. Seek God and allow Him to light your path.

Lord and Savior, You are the only one who knows my sorrow. My body is enveloped in pain and wracked by grief, but I know there is hope because of You. Help me to live out that hope. Amen.

May God always be at your side. Sending love and hugs to all you wonderful moms.

Re: Coping With the Loss of a Child

Hi Angie,
I wrote this poem three years ago, hope you understand.

WHO WILL CRY FOR THE MANCHILD LOST
TO THE STREETS WITH SUCH A VENGEANCE
SHOTS RANG OUT JUST AFTER MIDNITE
HE NEVER STOOD A CHANCE

SHOT FOUR TIMES
EACH ONE FATAL
MY HEART SCREAMS OUT
I CARRIED HIM PRENATAL

SUCH COWARDLY DOGS
SMILING AND GRINNING
EACH SHOT THAT RANG OUT
THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE WINNING

SICK MONSTERS, ROAMING THE NIGHT
FEEBLE MINDS, DO NOT KNOW RIGHT
NO FAMILY, NO FRIENDS, ROAMING THE STREETS
MY HEART STOPPED WHEN HIS NO LONGER BEAT

LIFE STOLEN
LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT
IT WAS NOT YOURS, GIVE IT BACK
IT’S NOT RIGHT

Oh Kay, this poem brought tears to my eyes. I am going to a retreat this weekend with the P.O.M.C group and I would like to share this poem with them if you don't mind. Thank you for sharing this with me. Take care and God bless you.

HI MOM'S,OH MS.KAY,THE POEM IS BEAUTIFUL,I AM IN TEAR'S,THE LOSS OF OUR CHILDREN IS SO DEEP AND HARD TO BARE,BUT TOGHTER WE WILL MAKE IT THROUGH!!HUG'S TO ALL OF MY SWEET MOM'S!!

Hi Angie and Michelle,
just wanted to share what I was feeling three years ago and how it is still relevant today. Yes Angie you may share that poem with whomever you wish. Those feelings are still so true today more than three years later. Someone recently sent me an inspirational word about we must learn to forgive so that God will then forgive us. I am struggling so hard with that one, I cannot find it in my heart yet to forgive the animals who took my son, but I pray on it daily. I don't think there is any consolation when our children have been taken in such a violent manner. I pray for all the MOMs daily and although I may not always reply I read daily the posts and haven't read one yet I could not relate to.
Bless us all
Love
Kay