WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please wish me luck

I am starting a support group for family members and friends of homicide victims. Our first meeting is tonight. As the Director of a shelter for battered women and in other venues I have led many support groups. But I am nervous about this one!! Between all the birthdays and anniversary dates I am having a hard time and even thiugh the conference of POMC was good and so was the day of remembrance I feel so emotionally drained. So much grief and pain. Half the time or more I feel as if I've lost my mind!! When will this get easier?

Re: Please wish me luck

I think that's a wonderful thing your doing. I wanted to do something similar but know I'm not ready for that just yet, maybe one day. I do go and try to attend POMC meetings but it's far away, one lady who drives me there I asked her about us starting one in our city and she said that she talked to them about that and hopefully one day that will happen, maybe then I can be more help.

I wish you the best of luck and God keep you strong.

God bless
Bette
Timmys mom

I think it is wonderful and I know that your daughter would be so proud of you.

Darien
Wishing you the best of luck, I think I am going to try to find some kind of meeting here, I live in such a small town I am not sure where to start. I have been so down lately I cry every night just thinking about the holidays is killing me. I decided I would invite my family all of them to my house for Thanksgiving. I just need them close this year.
At work we are having a pumpkin carving competition SWELL just what I want to do. I will have Jimmy's daughter Sandra her daddy always took her trick or treating this is not going to be easy.
Wishing you luck!!
Jimmy's Mom

You go girl, you will do fine and helping others will help you. Kera would be so proud of you.
Love you Kayt

Good luck to you Darien, your strength is admirable. Your daughter is smiling down on you.

Nanci/Travis' Mom - I love you buddy!

good luck mom i wish i can do that too.

Well what I did was contact a couple of local newspapers and asked if they would do a story about The Nat. Day of Remembrance for homicide victims and interview me about what it is like to try to live with this awful nightmare. I also put information in there that I wanted to start a support group for victims families and friends and my contact info. Last week another newspaper called me and wanted to do a story also so it was on the front page of newspapers in 3 counties. The first group was last night and I had it at my house and it was good and also very emotional. Thanks for saying I'm strong. I don't gffeel so strong and as I told one of the women who called about the group I am doing this as much for me as for them because I need support too.
Love you all. Darien//Keara's Mom