WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DC sept. 25

I am going to the event, Is anyone else going?

Re: DC sept. 25

I would love to but can't.

It would be wonderful if we all could plan to go next year so we could meet.

Love and Prayers
Cindy Monica's Mom

that would be nice i do have to get a job first to save money i lost my job i have been looking it's seem thay need younger people on some of them jobs i go on i am still young a 42 years old young mom (smile) my prayers are with you all.

That would be a good thing I could probably swing it next year.
Jim's Mom

I would love to go and meet all of you wonderful ladies. I made some ribbons and attached them to a card with her picture on it and we have asked a lot of people if they will wear a ribbon in her memory on that day. Most don't know about it and to be honest, I didn't either until I had to join this club I never wanted to belong to. It does mean a lot that about 70 people have said they will wear a ribbon in her memory though.

Luckily my daughter who was in Germany now lives in Maryland so I am going to stay with her when I go. If you go the the POMC website it has info about the program. I met a woman at the conference in Ca. who is organizing the event this year. She is on the board of trustees for POMC and her parents were murdered in Arkansas when I lived there, in fact we knew them!! I didn't know about the national day of rememberence either. It's a shame that we have to lose our children to find out about this. The resolution was passed in May 2007. I am starting a support group here for family and friends of homicide victims. he local papers in two counties did a story and I've had calls from people wanting to come. So sad, the numbers just grow.

It would be great, but I just found out that we may not get the victim's fund money since they considered it "self defense", he wasn't really a victim, they have to think about it, I can't really afford it. We're going to have to pay the bills ourselves. We used our credit cards and they are threatening to sue if we don't pay them off soon. Maybe next year we can all plan ahead.

I have been surprised to find out that there are several people we had met who had lost a loved one to murder. I asked my co workers and friends and family and my husband asked his co workers if they would where the ribbons in memory of Kaylin that day. We have had good response and that is when we have been told that someone lost a loved one. It is awful how murder touches so many lives. I think it such a sad statement.