WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Grief Like No Other

Here is a small portion of an article by Eric Schlosser, The whole thibg very lenghty but very informative is on the POMC page under the heading A grief Like no Other.

The fear of murder has grown so enormous in the United States that it leaves a taint, like the mark of Cain, on everyone murder touches. One might expect that the families of murder victims would be showered with sympathy and support, embraced by their communities. But in reality they are far more likely to feel isolated, fearful, and ashamed, overwhelmed by grief and guilt, angry at the criminal-justice system, and shunned by their old friends. America's fascination with murder has not yet extended to its aftermath. As a result, the victims' survivors must seek comfort from one another. Throughout the country hundreds of support groups like the one in Kansas City meet every month. The amount of bloodshed in the United States is difficult to comprehend, like the carnage of a shadowy, undeclared civil war. During the past two decades nearly half a million Americans have been murdered, and an additional 2.5 million have been wounded by gunfire -- more casualties than the U.S. military has suffered in all the wars of the past 200 years.
This says everything I have wanted to but could not put into words, thank you Eric.
The article also goes on to give overwelming statistic. The USA leads the world in Homicides, Why?
Kayt, mother of murdered son Wes Matheson

Re: A Grief Like No Other

I had read this a while ago and could not believe how true it was, how you think you would be receivng tons of support and find those that you thought would be there for you no matter what disappear, but then others who you would never expect are there thru thick and thin. Life will never be the same all around, no matter which way you look, it will always be filled in pain and it is sad that many people don't realize the pain we live in constantly.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

I just read that article last night. I really do not have many friends that I hang out with. I know a lot of people and talk with them from time to time but mostly keep to myself and my family. Thank God for my family 4 sisters and my mom.
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

Thanks Kayt,

Well written.
I'll find it on pomc.
We must seek comfort from one another, how true.
Thanks,
Karen Wes's mom