WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wanting to know more about how my baby died

i am in california moms and i have this empty feeling because i know it is morbid to others but during the trial i did not go on the day the coroner testified so now can anyone tell me how to go about getting that report i want to know where ernest was shot and how many times the doctor told me at the hospital when he said ernest had past but i cant remember but i have to know and it is really bugging me the trial is over for the shooter but the other guy akil robbins is still going he now wants to say his public defender did not represent him right well he started this whole mess by getting a rental car from a young lady and picking up the killer christopher mathis and bringing him to my neighborhood to kill my son they were looking for gang members and just because ernest came out of the store and waved they shot ernest i said wow he instigated everything and when the other killer gets 50 to life and then 7 plus 4 he wants to act like he did nothing wrong yeah right but i want and need to know about every detail no matter how sick it is going to make me and ladies i have my older son who is no angel he is in prison he has been there for 6 1/2 years but not for taking anyones life he told me that it is some kind of papers he wants to see regarding the case and i am not for sure what it is i sent him the minute order from the court but do any of you mom's here in los angeles california that can tell me how to go about getting the coroners report i thank you so much love to all you mom's from another mom in pain, cheryl mom to ernest 10-5-87--10-2-06

Re: wanting to know more about how my baby died

I am not sure how to go about getting these reports but I was told today that as soon as this creep who murdered my son is sentenced I will have 60 days to get copies after that the records are sealed. If you have a victim avocet ask them to help you, if you don’t make sure you get one they are so helpful the lady who is my avocet just takes care of everything I plan on asking her to get these reports for me what ever the cost. I know what you mean about wanting to know everything. The doctor at the hospital said they couldn’t pump blood into Jim fast enough he said that Jimmy’s heart kept filling with blood and they just couldn’t do anything for him. Some how the bullet traveled downward and hit other vital organs I can’t imagine how it traveled downward I just want to know everything. I even want the trial transcripts if I can afford them.
Trial is hard expect the worst and pray for the best.
My Prayers are with you
Jimmy's Mom Shirley

You can just call the medical examiner's office and ask them to send you a copy of the autopsy report. It is a matter of public record. I got a copy of Keara's but have not been able to bring myself to read it. I am afraid it will just horrify me more. Darien

The LA Coroner told us that when they get the results he will give us a copy and go over them with us. Right now her autopsy report is sealed with a security hold and they won't tell us anything. We were hoping to hear something last week but we never got that call. I understand what you mean. I kept asking them to tell me where my daughter's body was found. They told me but it was such a large area and I wanted to know the exact spot. I went to the sheriff's department and waited until someone talked to me and they took me out there. A deputy who was part of the search and was there when they found her, took me and told me the position and everything. I felt morbid too and everyone kept asking me if I was sure that I wanted to know that. I NEEDED to know that information. I want to know everything too. I don't know why, but it is something that I feel I NEED to know. I want to know why this happened. You should be able to get the autopsy report. Like someone else said, it is public record. If it was LA county talk to the coroner. The one we spoke to was very nice and told us that it would be in doctor talk and that we would prbly not understand it but that he would go over it with us so we could. We are still waiting for them to release the security hold on her records.

i had to pay for the autopsy report for my son, I just sent a check and a letter requesting a copy. Now court records I'm sure are different and if you only have 60 days, I would start looking into that. How do you get a court advocate? Is that something the victims services could help her with?

Just asking questions, since my son's killer not known, my son died at the scene. They let him lay there for hours and hours I was told, I did not go down there, my son begged me not to. But one neighbor told me that they yelled at them to cover him up cause they heard me screaming and was afriad I was going to come down.

From what I've read before I think getting an advocate is a good idea, don't they even go to court with you?

I know what you mean, I asked the detective what I thought happened, that my son saw the other guy get shot and he froze, went into a protective stance (hands and arms up over your head, legs bent) they shot the guy once, saw Timmy, shot at him, missed, then came up to him (since he froze) and shot him almost point blank to the back of his head. My poor baby stood there scared to death and they still killed him when he was looking down with his arms up trying to protect himself, I know this because the report said he had stippling (gun shot residue) on his left middle finger and right forearm) my detective said yes that is what they also thing happened. He didn't seem shocked that I asked, I'm sure we all need to know everything that happened, they are our babies, we need to know, our hearts and minds need to know even as painful as it all is.

God Bless
Bette
Timmy's mom

I know how you feel.......anything that makes you feel better is not morbid, knoweledge is a good thing!
you can obtain a copy of the OFFICIAL coroners report from LA county corners office, North Mission rd. Los Angeles, Ca. there is a fee and I'm not sure how much it is but it well worth it if it eases your mind. the phone number there is 323-343-0715 or 323-343-0512. I hope this helps with your journey, stay strong and know that you always have someone who cares and wants to help you through this..god bless...vickie

Cheryl
I forgot to tell you that if they say that the report is in Medical terms and you might not understand it, that it won't help you, don't be discouraged, tell them you will look up the medical terms you don't understand on the net, that you know it is a matter of public record and want it anyway. also were you able to get a copy of the Police Investigation Report? I don't know if they let you have that but it's worth a try they usualy have a wealth of Information in them...Hope this was a help to you.

The LA coroner told us that he would go over the autopsy report once it has the security hold lifted and explain what it meant since it would be in medical terms. I will find out who we talked to and email you that info. He was very nice and told us that he understood. He had lost a child so he knew we needed to know this info. Maybe you can contact him to go over the report with you too.

thank all of you mom's who has given me info on how to go about doing this horrible task i really dont want to know but i do i am sure you mom's know what i mean this is really going to hurt but a trial and conviction and i have allready buried my child just is not enough you know i want to know somethings for my own peace of mind i say to myself this can't be it no i need more answers and i know it wont bring ernest back but this is something i need to do am i prolonging my pain? i say no i am not because everyday my heart aches for this boy he was my world and so are the rest of my kids i am a mother and thats what i lived for everyday trying to make them safe and look wow i feel like i failed because i could not save him from these animals that did this to him lord i have begged for one more chance but it wont happen i just want to hug ernest and say momma loves you but they took that from me what can i do.

Cheryl, I found this it might help..
National Organization For Victim Assistance
1-800-TRY-NOVA
(1-800-879-6682)

National Center For Victims of Crime
1-800-FYI-CALL
(1-800-394-2255)

National Mothers Against Drunk Driving
1-800-438-MADD
(1-800-438-6233)

National Organization of Parents of Murdered Children

1-888-818-POMC
(1-888-818-7662)

Also, I looked up christopher mathis again and it does not say what his sentance was, but he was sent or will be sent to a MAX level prison soon, he is at an inmate reception center in Delano ca. lets see how he makes it in a max prison! if he promotes his gang inside he will not make it for long!!! as for Akil, he also has a hold on him so he will also get time for Violation on top of what he gets for being there when Earnest was killed. did I give you the website to go to before ? HUGSSSSS...V

vickie thank you so much i took down all the numbers you gave me and let's see what i can accomplish i will keep you posted thanks so so much for your help and akil robbins is going back to court i am going to call the prosecutor in the morning and see what the status is on him this is all a stall on his part because even though he did not fire his gun he had under his seat i think he was thinking that he would not get as much time as killer mathis so reality is setting in for him and he is scared well good for him because even though ernest was such a strong willed young beautiful son he was really scared at this animal coming at him firing a gun the mortuary called his dad for a long sleeved shirt because ernest blocked his self with his arms and thats what i believe and he continued firing on ernest on the ground inside the doorway of a church here on the corner of my house i see it everday i leave out of my driveway. thanks so much vickie hugssss to you too, god bless.

Cheryl, my son was murdered in Rialto, CA. June 24, 2006. I called the San Bernardino County Coroner and requested a copy. It was sent to me. It is very graphic and heartbreaking. It answered so many questions that noone else would give me. I even called the coroner's office and talked to the coroner after I read the report. He also answered all my questions. I cried and cried.

The trial may start September 22nd. We will know more on September 19th. I want the trial to start and be over with, but I don't want to relive this nightmare again in a courtroom.

Take care and love to all the MOMS.

After I was handed the map to my son's body I decided to let the police handle the discovery, I'm not sure why, I just didn't want to see my Wes, like that(a pile of bones) I wanted to remember him as he was, the last time I had seen him.
I decided not to ask a lot of questions. I watched the reaction of my husband and the other boy's granny each day after court and decided my heart wasn't ready for what they were hearing. My husband still won't talk about it and I don't want to take him back there, it was so hard for him the first time.
For me knowing the details would have been too much, I don't think I could have lived with the images presented at the scene and trial.
We each have to walk this journey the best way we can
it's so different for all of us.

Cheryl,
I live in Utah and my son Wesley was murdered in Oregon. The victims advocates were extremely helpful!
We had the services in Oregon. While I was there I met with them and kept in touch. They sent me copies of every police report. I even got the autopsy report, the toxicology reports of my son and his murderer. Every police interview that was taped had been transcribed and I was able to have a copy of it. I made a special appointment to see the crime scene photos and autopsy photos. The Deputy D.A. and the Victims Advocate tried to prepare me for what I was going to see, I shook a little when I saw his heart, the blade through his ribs, his half open eyes.
It isn't something for everyone. They made me copies of all the photos, and mailed them to me. I had to pay for them. The images do not haunt me. I needed to see them and have everything I could get my hands on. They even let us purchase a CD of the sentecing.
Wes was murdered in a small town. Front page news for 5 days, I went to the newspaper and got several copies to bring home. I even subscribed to it for several months afterward.
It isn't for everyone, but if you contact the Victims Advocates they will help you. That is their job.
They will go to court with you too if you want.
Karen Wes's mom

i just called and ask for a copy of hubert coroners report .the lady told me she have to ask the dr. she called me to say yes i can pick it up .when i got it i did not see it until i got home i only got to the first page i could not read another word of it not now i got half thru it now i'am liveing july 27 all over .it made me started to cry i keep seeing the way he said what hubert had on i still remember his clothes. and you know i laugh when he said hubert did not have on no socks. he told me he need socks in my dream when i ask hubert did you need something he said socks just socks.thats all i could read i could not go on .i 'am sorry moms . my prayers and hugs to yall joann(hubert)mom.

I got news tonight that we have to wait some more. I am so tired of waiting and not knowing anything. I am trying to be patient and let them investigate but it is hard not knowing anything. It makes me feel so depressed. I just want some answers. What if they don't do anything? I cannot take that. I am sick worrying that they will not do anything to this person. Just needed to vent that. Thanks ladies.

i sent a request to the coroners office yesterday and they said to make sure i send a return address and the will contact me about how much it will cost i am up and down on this situation do i or don't i want to know because my heart is allready shattered knowing he is gone from me and i cant help my baby, protect him from those evil ugly monsters and their faces were the last thing he saw i hope he heard his older brother pleading with him to breathe and live while they were loading him into the paramedics van. this is so overwhelming thanks to all you mom's here. cheryl

i did not have to pay for hubert reports thank god,it is so sad to have to do this my prayers are with allof you moms

We are still waiting for Kaylin's report to have the hold removed so we can get it. The coroner said he would go over it with us so we can understand it. I just wonder how long we are going to have to wait.
When can you get the copies of the investigation? I want everything. Even if I can't (and I don't think I will be able to now) look at it right away, there may come a time when I can and I want to be able to have the info when I am ready for it. Right now, I want to know everything. I think mainly because we know barely anything.

Kim, you won't be able to know anymore about the investigation than they can give you. Right now they will and can say little to nothing. We did the greatest part of our own investigation and when I would tell the detective what we found out he was nice but very closed lipped about wheather or not they had the same info. In the end after Wes's, body was recovered( three weeks after the murder) and the two boys were caught he let me know a little bit more.
One thing I did do was let my detective know was, who my son was and I gave him a picture of Wes, to put on his deck to remind him daily who he was fighting for.
When it came to trial, they had over a 100 wittnesses for the defence. They traced the young mens every movement and called on everyone they had contact with from the time they murdered my son until we went to trial, even inmates that were in jail with them. They never once let us know any of this. I found out more from my advocate who was kind enough to keep us up to date as much as she could without putting her job in jeprogy.
I know this is hard for you and it may be different in the state you are in, what information they can and can't give you, so don't be afraid to ask.
You are in my thoughts and prayers
Kayt, Wes Matheson's mom

I keep telling myself to be patient, but it consumes my every thought most days. We are in LA county and I get afraid they will forget her. I think the fact that I had to hear about her being found dead on the news and them not coming to notify me until 1:30 in the morning, when she was found about 11:00 a.m less then 5 miles from my home makes me not trust them 100%. I had to call them to ask them if it was my daughter. I just feel like I am in limbo. I did email the detective a picture of her. I also told him that she was my daughter and that I was not going away. Right now I call once a week for updates. I don't get much and I do understand that. I think a large part of it is that I play mind games with myself, worrying, what if they don't do anything? what if the guy gets a slap on the wrist? what if...what if? The detective is very nice and tells me I can call anytime and I know he would tell me what he could and I do not want him to tell me anything that could hurt her case. I am just praying for the day they call and tell me something. The location they found her was all over the news, but I wanted to know exactly where they found her. They wouldn't return my calls for that, so I had to go to the Sheriff's station in person. They did take me and show me where she was found, but not until I went up there prepared to wait until they did.

Reading over all of what you MOMS are going through or have been through. You all are incredibly strong.
I was just sent a small report from the Coroner and it did not say much. But that was all I could handle.
For us we knew that the more we saw the harder it would be for us not to get angry and we both knew in order to help the kids through what they saw we had to keep anger out of it. The kids have told us everything that went on that night and it is so hard to hear about her begging for her and her childrens lives. And how after he shot her the third time he kicked her and tried to shove her under the bed. That is all I want to deal with. Please know that I pray for you all for God to give you the strength for the way you all need to handle your childs murder how ever it may be. You all are incredible MOMS. Your children are so proud of you!!!

Love and Prayers

Cindy Monica's Mom