WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why God?

Hi Moms,
I want to share this with all of you. It was written by Sherry Sharon.

If God is a God of love, why did He allow this to happen to me?

How do you explain that God is a God of love...to parents, whose child was killed in a school massacre or brutally murdered on the street?

Oftentimes God gets blamed for the nefarious (evil) works of the devil. The devil is real. The devil is your adversary, as a roring lion, walking about seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:8) He is out to steal, kill and destroy. The devil is a liar, he is not only a liar but the father of all lies. (John 8:44) That's the bad news! The good news is Jesus said, "...in the world ye shall have tribulation;but be of good cheer;I have overcame the world."(John 16:33) The devil doesn't want you to know that. The devil also doesn't want you to know that "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Notice He did not say we would not experience trouble, but that he would be a very present help in trouble.(Pslam 46:1) When you get a chance read the whole 46th Psalm. You may go through some deep waters in this life. The devil doesn't want you to know that God promises that "When (You) pass through the waters, (He) will be with (You); and through...Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Roman 10:13)
How do you call upon the name of the Lord? Talk to him like you would to a friend. He is not looking for fancy words, but He sees your heart. Pray words such as:
Lord Jesus, I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me of all my sins. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I choose this day to make you Lord of my life. If there is anything within me that is displeasing to you, take it from me now. Teach me your ways O Lord. In Jesus name. Amen.
Read your Bible. Look for promises to you in His Word. Ask the Lord to show you what church to attend where you can grow spiritually and fellowship with other believers.
"He that believeth in me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7:38)

Moms, I read this site faithfully everyday. And my heart breaks and tears flow when I read about all the pain that we are all suffering. I am not very good with words so I am always looking for articles or poems that I can share with all of you to bring some comfort to your hearts. May the peace of the Lord be with all of you always. Take care of yourselves my cyber buddies. If anything ever happened to any of you, it would bring me to my knees again. You might not realize but your stories, your strength, your will to go on is helping me to surive thru this. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS! Together we can keep our childrens memories alive. My love is being sent to all of you.

Re: Why God?

That's beautiful Angie, and so true! There is nothing more powerful than God and His word, and we will all one day see our children again. This is not the world that God intended, and it is my prayer that one day I rejoin my loved ones in the world that He did intend, where we all will surely know eachother!

Love,
Lorre

Dearest Angie, Thank You so much for being right on time with Gods words to us, all you have said is TRUE, and with Gods Love and each other to befriend we are the survivors, your a wonderful women Angie....LOVE to you and prayers for Eugene. Jackie Tom's momma

Angie,
This is truly beautiful thank you so much.
Jimmy's Mom
Shirley

What a thoughtful reminder. I never blamed God for taking Kaylin. I always knew that evil took her but that God saved her. When she was out the night before (the night we believe she really died) I prayed so hard over her. I felt such peace. The night that we thought she was missing, I called and had all of my family and church praying for her. That night my devotion was Psalm 23. I prayed and again felt such peace over her. I even called my sister and said, that I didn't know where she was but I felt peace over her and knew she was alright and that she would return home. When I saw the news and knew it was her I cried out to God and asked him how could I feel peace when my baby was gone? How could I feel that peace when she had been taken from me. I know that peace came because she WAS safe. He sent me peace before I knew. God has been with me in ways I never experienced but I still miss her so much. I am so thankful that he understands our grief and helps us through it. I do not grieve for Kaylin because I don't know where she is, I grieve her because I miss her and I want to see her. I grieve the things that will never be with her. She was my baby and I miss her so much that my heart breaks. Thank you so much for reminding us that God is still there.