WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Life After Murder

Lorraine I never mind talking about our precious Lisa. I do understand with the friends most of ours are long gone. They just couldn't deal with the reality of it. Lisa has both a memory of and last memories site...Lisa Maas http://lisachristine-maas.last-memories.com/

http://lisa-maas.memory-of.com/About.aspx

Lisa was living two hours away from us in a bigger city--Pittsburgh, PA going to culinary school. She lived off campus in a 4 story apartment building which was secured from anyone who didn't live there from getting it. What we didn't know was a neighbor, on her floor, was homicidal and placed there by a local hospital because he was mentally unstable and they didn't want him at their hospital. He told them 35 times over a 6 month period he was going to kill someone if they didn't help him. The last time he told them this they told him if he didn't stop coming to the hospital they were going to take away his bus pass & food vouchers. You see he was 100% their responsibility due to our state's closing of the State Mental Hospital. UPMC...they are one of the biggest hospitals on our side of the country. The placed him in her apartment building, paid his rent and even managed his care/money or were suppose to. On his last threat they showed him the door and paid for cab/taxi to take him back to the building where he had threatened to kill. He didn't care who and didn't even know my daughter. He broke into her apartment and stabbed her to death. She put up a valiant fight and he needed "emergency surgery" which was provided to him as our precious Lisa lay dead on the floor. He even waited for the police who arrived in minutes from the 911 call from another neighbor but it was too late as he had stabbed her in the neck and the heart. He told the police, "I told them I was going to kill someone but they wouldn't listen. I don't even know her name....." We have a pending law suit but it has been years. It won't bring her back but just as you fought to clear you son's name we are fighting to hold the hospital responsible. The killer, after being admitted to the mental ward for 2 years, was finally brought to justice and was given life without parole after found guilty by a jury trial. We are still seeking justice for the *******s who knew he was dangerous and chose to do nothing about it. Please take care. I read your son's story and it is so tragic. Then to be victimized again by the system that is suppose to protect you and bring you justice. I can't even imagine...only somewhat. Laura

Well Laura I did not expect to read that horrific story I am so sorry for your loss I am a bit in shock still he the killer is so scary looking and your gorgeous beautiful daughter fought for her life it must have been terrifying for her she was so brave and a lovely young lady and that beast took her lovely life away. My son Jamie's killer was a known skitzo as they call them he was huge ugly with a fat head and a drug addict and drug dealer who had raped and stabbed lots of people before my son. But I know he stabbed a man 10 times in the chest only weeks before he did my son I seen the blood while walking my dog not knowing that few weeks later on the same oller he would murder my son, he really thought it was ok to keep using a knife on who ever he wanted to as no one would ever ever testify against him due to his reputation even the young rape victim, but not one bit of this came out at the trial and this made me mad with the police and the CPS so I can totally understand why you must continue to fight the people who let this vile thing be free to take your daughters life it has sickened me so I can not imagine how you feel about this vile man. Your daughter has a face I shall not forget as she is really pretty and her face says she is a very happy girl and I hope she is happy and safe above now living a safe life in heaven as that is how I think of Jamie I feel he is safe and no one can ever hurt him again and we will be together one day soon and he will be all healed from the wounds he was given while held down by the main killer and his brother who was never charged either so I do feel for you right now...same age as my son just 18 when they are meant to begin a lovely life ahead and scum just go ahead and kill our future it is not right...take care and thank you for sharing your tragic story with me.
Lorraine xx

Lorraine...I felt a bond with you beyond the mom bond when I saw Jamie was the same age as Lisa....and yes so innocent both of them (and your Jamie I can see that in his face the innocence and kindhearted--willing to help anyone in need) with their lives ahead of them. Also the way they both died so many think when they hear of man stabbing a women they are involved because here in the states they regard it as being "personal". But even more so the words you use to describe the killer(s) as many use different words but it is like you are reading my mind as in my impact statement I called him a "vile scum". Scum, beast, waste, etc. is EXACTLY how I view the killers. And both are precious children were killed by these "lowlifes" that were known to be dangerous. How tragic that those that were paid to protect you let this evil scum walk the streets. A song Lisa used to like "Stole" (by Kelly Rowland)always breaks my heart as that is what happened--their lives were stole. You pegged Lisa right as well and I want to thank you for taking the time to read her story and view her photos. She was beautiful inside and out and your words touched my heart. And yes that is one thing we all have in common is the hope all our children are remembered and are together. The media had a frenzy with one line in Lisa's story and as they d--that statement was twisted around as we found out at trial. The scum said that he was in the elevator of their apartment building and Lisa asked him, What's that smell? (the building was mostly college kids/couples and the carpeting was old) I am sure she was referring to the smell in elevator--not him. She would never do that she just wasn't that type of person. But because he was paranoid he thought she meant him and later that night decided, I will kill her and then they will put me back in the hospital. I do believe she did say that even though only the killer heard her because so many other things he said in the confession were accurate. Anyway the media plastered the papers with, Man killers neighbor because she said he "stunk". Anything to sell newspapers We are victimized over and over again and then asked why can't "get over it" or "move on" with our lives. Even though there are many more like him our hospitals are refusing to treat I know he will never hurt anyone again. How tragic it is that the remaining trash is still on your streets and a threat to take even yet more innocent lives. Any time you want to talk or share please know I will be here. Sending you many hugs & much luv (across the ocean/land) to you. Please know your precious Jamie is and will forever be in my heart right next to Lisa....Laura

Laura
Thank you and yes I felt the same I dont normally ask questions but I am so glad I did I can not get what happened to Lisa out my mind it reminds me of the terror and strength she must have had that day as I feel the same over Jamie and his death I think of his thoughts more than his pain every minute of every day as I know Jamie will not have thought they would kill him, as he knew them and had never had problems with any of them. Jamie was very popular in our area and when the police asked everyone they all said the same thing that Jamie was the one out the group of friends who had respect and would help anyone he even gave little children his change to buy sweets and they would say to me by his memorial"hey Jamie wont give me money no more" all sad it made me smile as they was only infant children. Some little girls would say hey my mate loved your Jamie with little cheeky giggles and it told me after his death how much he was loved in our community but not enough for his friends to testify to jail more killers as threats was made that day to all there saying we will kill your family and your brothers and sisters even grown women made threats all to protect cold blooded killers, that I can not ever understand. So all we can do is be proud of our children who died through no fault of their own. These people who are in control of our so called justice system are mainly responsible for many murders all over the world. As for the smell thing this beast mentions as in all killers they feel they have to make some sort of reason why they attacked a innocent person but people who know are children will know the truth. I was upset that Jamie's killer tried to say that after he was stabbed 49 times my son stood up and made threats to have Peter Hollywood shot? The judge told us that was impossible as Jamie could not breath let alone stand up and he was losing blood so fast his blood had drained by time he got to hospital, the killer also said Jamie had a knife but the forensics proved that tests done on Jamie's hands proved he was never in contact with a knife only the two that was used on him. Jamie did involve himself as he was like that he would never see a kid being bullied as he would stop them but this was meant to be a fair fight and it turned nasty when a man was losing and his cousin called Jade Crosbie aged 28 run in and stabbed the lad who was winning the fight with her cousin. She as well as the rest of that Gang arranged to be there all had knives that was proved to be from the house that the killer Jonathan McDonald lived in and he is the man the jury set free he was the main fighter who was a bully I have seen for years as he lived 4 doors away from me and I never liked him as they was the drug-dealers who bullied and intimidated everyone around for many years. One day I may bump in to one of their parents and I hope that day comes soon as I have nothing to live for so I can not say what I may or may not do but it will come. Oh well thank you for listening and I hope to chat to you again soon Laura as we have so much in our life the same and only another mum can feel as we do right now if they have lost a child horrifically to murder through no fault of their own and we can be proud our children was brought up with respect and a good future ahead of them so we are the lucky parents right now as not many can say this about teenage children these days.... Take Care Love Lorraine K. xx

Yes you have a very good point that I would like to share on our facebook page if it is okay with you? We are lucky in that way and since there are so many fewer things to feel good about that is something we should cherish. I can mention it as another mum shared it with me or I can say where it came from and mention your son and your wishes to only communicate on the MOMS board. It is entirely up to you but something I would really like to share with the other moms I communicate with. And yes there is nothing like sharing with another mom who truly understands. With us we traveled to meet two of the moms in one city and then met yet another two moms who all had lost their children to murder. It was something that cannot be explained in words how it touched our hearts and comforted our souls. To be able to share our pain in person and feel the love of the bond that brought us together. I used to fear death and then for a couple years didn't care if I lived or died because the pain was so great. But if time does anything for us it made me realize I wasn't going to give that scumbag what was left of my life. I was going to be there for my other children and for others who have suffered this tragedy while his sorry vile ass rots in jail on his way to hell. Lisa, like I believe about Jamie from what I see and you told me, were on their way to making this world a better place. I must continue on and try and carry that out in any way I can if just helping another mom through their dark days. Two of the moms we met in person (on one I met online) all lost another child after their first child was murdered. I too fear that for my oldest daughter as she hasn't been able to cope with Lisa's murder and our "new" life without Lisa. I tell her repeatedly don't let that scumbag take your life too but as we all know 'easier said than done' is as real as it ever gets for a mother of a murdered child. Between the evil in this world and the black abyss that calls on us day and night I sometimes wonder not only how we do it but why? Then I think of Lisa and I know it's all for her and that I will always fight to keep her memory alive and never let that beast take any more from me. Take care and let me know what you think about me sharing your thoughts about how we raised how children and how proud we can be of them. Stay strong...Laura

Laura
Just a quick reply as I am sorting Jamie's school reports ect so they are all organised and in date order, Yes I would really like for you to share any of my artificial,s about Jamie I would like that truly. Be back soon and thank you Laura.

Take Care Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine...I did share a little bit of Jamie's story and an excerpt of your thoughts....It is is a group that is private so only the members may see it. It is called Shut Up!I'm Still Grieving!....Just wanted to let you know and I copy/pasted what I put on our page as well as a picture of Jamie...Talk to you later...Laura

Here is another perspective from a "mum" whose son was stabbed to death in Liverpool then they tried to "blame him" for his murder with lies. Her name is Lorraine Kelly and her son was Jamie. She wishes to communicate only on MOMS for personal reasons and not facebook but wishes for you all to meet Jamie. Also I wanted to share this most interesting and so true her thoughts in this excerpt from our conversation: "So all we can do is be proud of our children who died through no fault of their own... as we have so much in our life the same and only another mum can feel as we do right now if they have lost a child horrifically to murder through no fault of their own and we can be proud our children was brought up with respect and a good future ahead of them so we are the lucky parents right now as not many can say this about teenage children these days...."

Laura
Thank you for putting Jamie on your website as well as his photo I am proud of him and I feel this a good way to remember our children as what did they ever do wrong to deserve a horrid death like they have done? I dont mind you putting his memorial site on, but be prepared to see a bit of anger in a tribute from me as they changed the website and have removed things on my memorial as well as other people to...so I am unhappy as it had all my links to press ect and my fighting for more justice ect and it has all gone along with some foto,s as I have many of Jamie on this memorial. It is called gonetoosoon and it is true to its name as they remove things to soon with no thought of the owner of the page...

Thanks Again Laura Love Lorraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dr7GlJmg-Q

This is one of many youtube tributes about Jamie's life it is so sad to watch as he is so happy in all his pictures. xx

Wow what a video/tribute...what a beautiful son Lorraine...so heartbreaking the innocence lost/stolen by those thugs. I am so sorry I will definitely share more of Jamie with the other moms. The weather has been horrid here and I work outside so it has taken it's toll on me and I haven't been on much. I just wanted to let you know I watched it and again I am so very sorry.
Here is Lisa's story...the link is from facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1520631943253&set=vb.1458203484&type=3&theater

Ah thank you for watching I know there are more and right now I have been trying to do some myself but it is all new to me I am not good at things but I sure will learn and keep Jamie in the light of life as he always was in life with me here.
I have been away for few days as I can not be around here on birthdays or certain dates that hurt that bit more than usual so hiding away helps my thoughts I think it does anyway. It was my birthday and not seeing Jamie and his smile bringing me chocolates and really lovely cards is hard to live with so That is why I try to stay away on dates that hurt. So I am sorry I am late replying I do have a painting done of Jamie I got for my birthday I would love you to put it on your page if you dont mind. I shall email it to you or if you have put link for gonetoosoon I have put the painting of Jamie on there as well.I have watched your daughter Lisa,s Youtube tributes and I did cry as she was like a big bright light full of energy and life and so beautiful and her smile I wont forget ever....Take Care and I Thank You All and especially you Laura and Your Kindness....Love Lorraine. xx

Laura
I hope you dont mind I have put your link for Lisa,s FB page on my Google Page as even though I am not on FB I did manage to see her tributes and she will be so proud of you Laura and all who love her will keep her smiling down at you all forever...xxxx

Dear Lorraine,

My daughter Heather McGuire was murdered by her ex-husband 3/13/12. She would have turned 37 on 3/18/12. I feel the heartbreak from having pushed her into have him arrested. The three children she had with this man Philip Gilberti were in foster care and I knew she would never get her children back unless this abuser was in jail. For 8 years my daughter and the rest of our family suffered constant fear, harassment, intimidation, by Gilberti. She had 16 protective orders against him during those 8 years. I feel the judicial system allowed him to murder her. He was arrested twice for breaking the protective/exparte order with a subsequent stalking charge all within 24 hour period the weekend before her murder. Even though Gilberti had a long history of abusing Heather Judge Barry Hamilton released on his own recognizance a few hours after his second arrest. The commissioners office requested that he should not be released on any bond. Gilberti then went to hunt Heather down beating her with the butt of a shotgun, kidnapping her and when she attempted to fight him off he pulled her back in the van shot her in the head and threw her body out like a piece of trash into a busy intersection in front of many horrified morning commuters. Like your dear son I feel like the judicial system completely let her down and allowed this to happen by not protecting her life.

Hi Lorraine...I haven't been around alot and most definitely understand how "normal" days for others are so painful to us. I always think on my birthday that it is one more year I got to live that was stolen from my beautiful daughter. This past month was a busy one for some of my sister moms and I think on these "days" each one of our hearts break for the others. We feel their pain like no one else ever will. I found the paint of Jamie and will post it and share your precious son with the other moms. Thank you for the kind words about Lisa and viewing our memories of her. As you already know that means the world to a mom who has lost a child or had their life stolen. I hope you are okay and sending much luv ur way...Laura
Jo Anne...I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and how the system failed your family. Ironic they blamed it on the computers how horrible hearing them say she did everything she was supposed to do and then make excuses for not doing their job enforcing the law and letting the evil back out on the streets. I am truly sorry...Our daughter Lisa was murdered by a "mental patient" who made over 37 threats to kill one of his "neighbors" if they didn't put him back into the hospital. His last threat they threatened him right back and said if you come back here again we will take away your food vouchers and your bus pass as the treating hospital UPMC was 100% responsible for his "health care" and "living arrangements" in our daughters 4 floor apartment building she was living in while attending college. They called him a cab and told him to go home. Which he did and then picked our Lisa and decided to follow through with his threats. He didn't even know her name and then tried to say they didn't know he was dangerous. Families destroyed and lives turned into nightmares yet I be they all sleep good at night despite their failures that caused these tragedies. It just makes me sick....

Lorraine...I just wanted to let you know that I shared your painting of Jamie in our FB group....Shut Up! I'm still grieving!...It is a group I started as many of the MOMS are now on facebook so I wanted someplace we could go that was private to only us and share....You of course are welcome to join anytime if you ever change your mind about facebook....

Dear Lorraine,

I'm am so sorry for the loss of your only child. People say the pain will go away but it doesn't. The years after your child's murder just finalizes the truth of never being able to kiss, hug, laugh, talk, and to share simple and amazing moments together. I am sorry that on top of the of devastating pain & loss by your baby's murder you also had to go through a trial. Your child is falsely accused of living a lifestyle that somehow attributed to his murder. It is unbelievable that the victim is painted as a criminal by lowlife lying lawyers who only care about winning. They help put these violent scumbags back on the streets to take other innocent lives. Our judicial system protects the criminals rights, forget about the victims and their families. I hope that one thing you know is that you are not alone other people care about you.

Jo Anne Kenny
I am so so sorry for your loss as I say it is only another mother who can ever begin to know how we feel losing are children. I am so sorry for my late reply but I will look at your story as I would like to know all about your daughter and her life so young taken brutally. Why is this world so evil? That is two lovely young girls I have now heard of since being on this website and it is so heart breaking as I know you both mothers feel the same as I do right now and time is no healer for us. Thank You for your lovely kind message I hope to hear from you again.
Kind Regards and lots of Hugs Lorraine K. xx