WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ideas on how to honor our loved ones

I really appreciate your response, Sherry. The idea of the picture ornament is really good, especially since I have a childhood one of him already - I can just make one with one of his adult pictures too!

The candlelight vigil sounds so poignant. I grew up in Texas. We moved to Maryland 20+ years ago, but my son decided to move back to Texas about 1 1/2 years ago. That is where he was killed. Although I've been back there to visit, I haven't had the courage to go to the place where he was murdered. I simply don't know that I can handle it just yet. I do plan to visit at some point and have some sort of ceremony/vigil.

Prayers for you and Brandy.
Dawn

Dawn, I know what you mean. My daughter, Brandy, lived in Thomaston, Ga. We used to live there but had moved to the neighboring county in 1998. Brandy was a taxi cab driver and took a call to pick up someone what happened to be a vacant house. The 17 boy intended to rob her but shot her instead. She radioed in to dispatch that she had been shot and was trying to make it to the E.R. Unfortunately she didn't make it, she went into shock and wreck the cab about a mile from the address where she was shot. Brandy coded in the ambulance. She died later on at the hospital because they couldn't stop the bleeding. We have been by the house a couple of times but the hardest thing I have had to do was be in the trauma room at the E.R. where she died. They had to put my husband in there recently because there was no other room available. We are raising Brandy's 11 year old daughter now since both her parents are deceased. It has really been a hard year. It is odd that your name is Dawn because my youngest daughter's name is Dawn, also. Praying you, me and all our sister MOMS get through this holiday season. Sherry

My son Dillon was shot by an armed robber on Halloween of this year, he was 26. I have been thinking about Christmas. I told my family that before we have our dinner, I would like us to join hands & each one say something they remember about Dillon. Anything-like I remember his big feet! or I remember his smile-just anything they feel like saying. I want to do this every year. I want everyone to try & remember everything.