WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grand Jury Decision

Yesterday the case against my daughter's murderer went to the grand jury. We were not allowed to be present since the grand jury room is so small. We got the call yesterday afternoon that Dantazais Jamal Raines got true billed on all 9 counts. I was releived to hear that because it means we are getting closer to a trial. The D.A.'s office feels like we will be having a trial by August. I was told a decision to true bill him on all charges did not take as long as they thought it might be, so hopefully that is a good sign.

Re: Grand Jury Decision

Sherry - I am VERY glad to hear that your case seems to be going better than mine... I don't think we have a grand jury in Michigan and I am quite confused about the concept of one. Can you explain to me what "true billed" means, and what this was about - was this like a pre-trial to determine if there is enough evidence to go to trial??? I cannot believe you were not allowed in there - that to me is horrible - I would have bullied my way in there one way or another! Love to you on this day, and so many others!

Re: Grand Jury Decision

Yes, Michelle, it was to see if there was enough evidence to go to trial. Then young man was not allowed there either, just his attorney,the D.A. and the investigator that gave the evidence along with the judge, jurors and clerk. It was fine because the victim's addvocate called me as soon as they let them know the decision. I can truthfully say that the D.A.'s office has been keeping us informed with every date that court comes up. I REALLY think your case would have been handled differantly had your son been living down here. I haven't had to deal with the D.A.'s office before but I can tell you that the group of people that work in this office truly consider the families feelings. Wish it was better for you. As always, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending love to you each and every day but especially on our children's angel anniversary days each month.