WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SENTENCING TOMORROW (FRI 20TH) FOR THE MAN THAT MURDERED MY 13TEEN YR OLD SON ..

I am very new to this whole thing as my son was murdered just 4 weeks ago - we are in the very infant stages of this so I cant give you any information from experience. However, as I have been scanning the web for anything to help me I have seen samples of victim impact statments (is this what you are doing) online. It seems as though there are a few on this website and then there was some under the parents of murdered children national website. Do you have an attorney or a lawyer who can help give you guidance? I know there are so many things you want to say - but cant!

Good luck - I will be wishing for the best!

Re: SENTENCING TOMORROW (FRI 20TH) FOR THE MAN THAT MURDERED MY 13TEEN YR OLD SON ..

I wish i could help with the pain you and your family are going through.However i lost a son my oldest in 1995 and this Feb 1st will be 17 of the longest yrs of my life.I can remember being in your shoes and wondering what i would say to this young man that took the life of my son.I remember looking him in the face and asking why but really wanting to kill him myself for he had already took the life of my son as well as the soul of mine.But although it has been 17 yrs i still feel empty and no matter what he would have said or what i said wasn't going to make a difference.I know it will be a long time for you to feel again but remember their are the rest of the family who need you as well and never push them away. Always let them be there for you,because they are the ones that will help you through this sorrow.My heart goes out to you and God Bless You

I am so sorry about the murder of your son, Anthony. I wish that I had more time to help you with your victim-impact statement, but this is what I would do. I would get a family member or friend who is good with words to put together the statement for me. I would tell them my thoughts, feelings, and how this has changed your life forever. Tell them to write what kind of young man your son was like, a little about his life, your relationship with him and what was taken away and destroyed for you. Ask the court to give him the maximum sentence. Once you get the support of a family member and friend writing this for you, I think that your thoughts will come. When I gave my victim=impact statement, I was fifty years old and had never spoken in public before...It was very scary, but I did it. If you are physically unable to do it yourself, it is okay. You can also let someone else do it for you and you don't have to look at the murderer unless you want to. I hope this helps...let me know how it went. Lovingly, Sherry Swafford

Terina, Please let us all know what happens at the sentencing today. We are thinking of you today and sending strength your way! Love and good strong thoughts! Michelle

Terina I am so sorry you are facing this so long after you lost your son and I hope you have finally seen justice today.
love to you

Please tell us how the sentencing went. You have alot of friends here to support you.

Love and Prayers

cindy Monica's Mom

on jan.20 the man who killed my son has gotten life and i want to thank you for all of your support i am so happy tht i found this site. to had friend behind me is a blessing i cant thank you enough for your support please keep me in your preyers as i will do the same god bless

thank you for all your support justice was serve he was givein life with out parole so finalliy my son can rest in peace i want thank you for all your support it fills good to no tht not you gt support from your family but you have friend as well so please keep me in are preyers as i will do the same thank you god bless

thank you very much for the kind word it really help alot the man who killed my son was convicted and sentance to do life with out parole justice has been serve and my son can now rest in peace as can i i want to thank you for all your support and kind word it really help me get though this trubling times even thu his is gone he will never be forgotten he is always in my heart once again thank for your support please keep me and my family in your preyers as i will do the same thank you god bless