WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Here to lend support to other Mothers like me.

Shirley..I just found the post about Jim...totally by mistake as this technology stuff is hard for me. He looked like a delightful son and so full of life and joy. So sorry.....

Sherry, You and I have something in common in that both of our daughters were murdered by someone they loved. Keara was murdered by her boyfriend. She had and two children who were 7 and 11 at the time. They have had to grow up without their Mom which has been so hard.
Darien/Keara's Mom

Darien: I am so sorry about your daughter, Keara's death. What a terrible burden for your grandchildren. If you would like to share, I would like to hear a little about your daughter. It has been twenty-five years since our daughter and unborn grandchildren (she was eight and a half months pregnant) were murdered. It seems like yesterday. I had always assumed that bad things didn't happen to good people. I sort of had a fairy tale childhood so nothing ever prepared me for this. Of course, nothing can ever prepare one for murder. Bless you and hope to hear from you. Lovingly, Sherry.....

Sherry
Do you think by coming to this site it will stir up bad memories for you? We have had a lot of moms come here only for a little while and I wonder if it was just to hard for them to hear others stories. Most of the moms that where here when I first came a little over three years ago very seldom post anymore. We have a chat room, when it first got started it was full of moms almost every night it wasn't all tears and sad things, we laughed and had a great time, it seemed that was the only time we didn't feel guilty for laughing. Now the room is empty most of the time. I wonder if those other moms have moved on to a place I just can't seem to find.
Hugs Jim's Mom

Shirley...Yes, this site does stir up bad memories. My husband was concerned about that..I agree with you. It was probably hard for the other mothers in the support group. At times, it becomes more than one can bear. Thank goodness, I have had my husband to grieve with and talk about Jill. As we got older it has become even harder for us growing old without her. We were so lucky to have had her in our lives. We saw her nearly every day of her life. She adored us. Remember, there is no time limit on grief.

I was wondering what kind of sentence Jill's husband recieved? Is he still in prison? Just wondering how the system worked for you 25 years ago. For me and My Jim justice was swift and the POS will spend the rest of his life in prison after the appeal is denied once again. But for a lot of the moms here it has taken years just to get to trial. Seems so unfair we keep getting this thrown at us, getting to trial with all the stall tatics from the defense then through the appeals. Just wonder how long it takes to finally get past the justice system and all the rights these murders have.
Hugs Jim's Mom

I hope that you found some justice but being he was a sheriff...hopefully he was held accountable.
I felt what you said how it's gotten harder as you've grown older...your Jill sounds alot like Chris. We too spoke everyday or saw each other. in fact we had never been apart as long as we had the almost 2 yrs before and he loved me alot and loved showing it. He was always telling me to come sit by him, putting his arm around me, holding my hand...telling or singing me I love you Mama...we definitely don't expect to grow old without them. Not like this.
So I am so sorry that has been what you have missed for so many years.
Like you say we were so blessed to have them for the time we did.
It does seem like your grandson Brenton has inherited your daughter's loving heart
love lois

Shirley....We had to wait two years for the trial. There were sixteen pre-trials. We eventually got justice. He got seventy-five years to life....three life sentences. My daughter was over eight month's pregnant. The unborn babies weighed over 5 pounds each. We had a horrible judge, though. Thank goodness we had a great jury. After the verdict, all of the ones of the jury surrounded us and gave us hugs. I am so sorry for what other's go through, with all of the appeals, etc. How many years did your son's killer get? Was he a friend or related? Lovingly, Sherry

Lois...Yes, we finally got justice. We had to wait two years before the trial. We had to go to sixteen pre-trials. We had a terrible judge. We felt that my ex-son-in-law got preferential treatment from him because he had been a deputy sheriff. We had a terrific jury, though. They gave him seventy-five years to life. My daughter was over eight month's pregnant and the babies weighted over five pounds each. After the verdict, the jury surrounded us and gave us hugs. It made me believe in the justice system a little, but we know that not everyone is so lucky. Jill was affectionate too. Since she was a little girl, all she ever wanted to be was a mother. She felt doubly blessed as she was carrying twins. My Dad was a twin. My sister gave birth to twins pre-maturely, but they died. Your Chris sounds so much like our precious Jill. May God Bless You and Be With You....Lovingly, Sherry

40 to life + 8 years, my son didn't even know this guy had never seen him before. The guys mother started the entire mess on a wed. night and they went to my son's house the following Sunday. He was shot point blank in the chest died I believe about 1 to 1 1/2 hours later. Trial started for us in June my Jim was murdered in December, the guy was sentenced and sent to prison the following Oct. We had tons of pre trials also some lasted for only 5 minutes but I was there for every one of them. I am glad your ex-son-in-law will be in prison for the rest of his life he definitely does not deserve a second chance.

Shirley...So glad your son's killer got the sentence he got. These killers should never been released. Most of these killers are sociopaths and have no remorse. They can only have feelings for themselves. My son-in-law was on the Swat Team and had to dive into the lake and retrieve bodies. He once told me that a dead body doesn't feel any different than a live one....that gave me chills at the time, but still didn't think that he could murder my daughter. Three months before he murdered our daughter, he started burning their wedding gifts and even tried to burn her wedding gown and bible. I didn't know this until after she was murdered. She had told one of her best friends......I am so sorry about your son. We will never understand why these creeps kill.....Sherry