WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: a poem

Dear Lois
What a deep and beautiful poem this is.Yes,kindness is a precious thing.It heals alot of wounds when properly administered.It sounds like a Indian poem is it? Thank you for sharing it.Love and God Bless

Re: a poem

Hi Barb' i hope you are doing okay and are healing quickly from your surgeries.
The author is Naomi Shihab Nye*Words Under the Words*.
and it was given to me in the Mindfulness Based stress-reduction classes I was guided to by my therapist and it was mostly covered by my med. insurance.
I have been blessed to have been able to take it 3 times now since last Aug. It's an 8 week class meeting once a week...so I've done it 3 times which is 3 months of "practice". Yes I practice being mindful...paying attention on purpose they call it...being present in the moment..of now.
When I heard that at first I was like how could I BE any more present I wake up tp it every day.
I had no idea what to expect but I am so grateful for knowing this practice. The pain is still here but I'm aware of how I can let the suffering overwelm me and thats what we work on, how tto handle the pain that will alwys be a huge part of us and honor our children and ourselves.
We practice alot of lovingkindness/compassion towards others and more importantly I'm hearing...to ourselves.
I will say through, that in all 3 classes no one had a story like mine or any of us. but they had their pain as well even though sometimes I thought they had no real worries...most never knew what brought me there.
Now in my readings I see that most times it can only be someone who suffers as we do to truly want to embrace this path of acknowleging we suffer and how others suffer too. Some more than un-fathomable...I don't know how many times pics I've seen of moms w/their babies starving run through my mind...I think of them, knowing their pain of watching their babies suffer, knowing they are too far for me to do anything but LOVE them and try and show kindness to the ones closer to us.
Anyway I ramble...what I want to say is that I have been helped...it's not a cure. As mindful as I try to be I got nailed by my last bout of depression...never saw it coming. As it peaked I quit my job which I'm happy about still...it's been 2 mos' but I'm hanging ok making jewelry...yeah I'm glad about that.

There is a book by Jon kabat-zinn who created the mindfulness based program that is great. And youtube has him as well. The book is titled Wherever you go. There you are.
Anyway if anyone wants any info...I'm here

Because we can definitly use some lovingkindness and some compassion examples out there as we continue to see the darkness all around us.
And I know that my son Chris would be very happy I have found this to help me cope...what I learn I'm seeing he already knew...Chris lived every day with intention...I'm trying to do the same.

btw...maybe you think I'm crazy but I just want to help...

love you guys and Barb I like how you said "kindness administered properly" kind of like medicinal LOVE