WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Defendant are in Plea negotiation discussions

They can plea, I didn't find out anything of any plea until after it was discussed and they turned it down. I was never informed of it.

But I am still lucky we had a good detective, a good ADA, and a good judge and wonderful jury who saw past them smirky dirty faces and put their asses in jail for life!

YES THE FAMILY DOES HAVE INPUT ON THE PLEA, OUR POS TRIED 3 TIMES TO PLEA TO SOME RIDICIOUS NEGOTIATIONS AND OUR DA TOLD THEM ABSOLUTELY NOT THAT THEY WERE SO SILLY THAT HE WASN'T EVEN GOING TO BRING THESE TO US, AND THEN AFTER 2 DAYS OF COURT AND THE VIDEO OF THIS IDIOT SHOOTING JR, AND US HAVEING TO WATCH THIS HORRIBLE ACT IN THE COURT ROOM OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER. HE LEFT THE COURT ROOM AND WENT BACK TO JAIL, THEN THE DA CALLED US AND HE AHD PLEADED TO 2ND DEGREE MURDER, BUT WE WERE FORTUNATE THAT OUR DA MADE AN AMENDMENT TO THE 2ND DEGREE MURDER CHARGES AND MADE HIM SIGN AN AFFIDAVED TO THE FACT THAT HE KNEW HE COMMITED 1ST DEGREE MURDER AND HE WAS GOING TO SERVE THE SAME TIME AS 1 ST DEGREE MURDER WHICH IN THE STATE OF CA IS 25 TO LIFE. hANG IN THERE PATRICIA SOMETIMES WE FEEL LIKE WE DON'T UNDERSTAND BUT IT WILL HOPEFULLY BE OVER SOON AND THEY WILL PAY FOR THE INJUSTICE THAT THEY HAVE DONE.

There really is no justice for the victims in the courts.My daughter Laycees killer Vincent Soto admitted to beating her to death. He demonstrated on a doll what he did. She hed so many bruises on her head and face. her head was so swollen. He was being charged with 1st degree murder and 1st degree child abuse. Well I wanted to take this to trial so he would have to admit out loud what he had done. They allowed him to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, dropped the child abuse charges. My lawyer told me if it was taken to trial he would most likely be charged with manslaughter and be out in 2 to 4 years. He got 16 to 24 years. Laycee and I will be doing life. Its sick. I am so sorry for all that your going through. I hope they get justice for your son.