WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hurting and Confused

My grandson whoI raised from a baby was murdered August 2010. I can't scream or cry my pain away. He was shot in the back of his head while riding in a car. The worst is the DA Office is treating me horrible. I've only had one meeting with an assistant DA and he only gave me worst case scenarios and informed me that he did not work for me, he worked for my grandson. I have not heard a word from the office since and I called a victim's person that works with the DA and she told me that new eivdence had come in. I have never heard from the actual DA. Does anyone know if the protocol for a DA's Office?

Re: Hurting and Confused

Hi Phyllis, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandson. I don't know where you live but here in NC the DA was ver accessable. I would just keep calling. I am glad you found this website. We all know what you are going through and it is a good place to share your thoughts and feelings.

Hi Phyllis
I am so very sorry for your loss glad you found us it does help to have others that know what you are going through.
I agree with Darien keep calling the DA you deserve answers and the assistant DA is wrong he is working for you, you are a victim. I am in California our DA was always there for us we also had an advocate who was always there for us too.

Phyllis:

I am also sorry the loss of your grandson, as we all here don't like much to see new moms cause we know all too well what that means, that another mother has lost her child, you have come to a great place.

I wouldn't say our DA here in Wisconsin was always accessible to me but I made him accountable to me. Those of us that have been thru this so called Justice System have had to learn the hard way that we our now our childs voice. Keep on the DA, as hard as it may be for you.

Nanci/Travis' Mom

Please know that I am so sorry for your loss. You have found a very wonderful website, everyone understands the pain you are going thru. I know in the very beginning, my son Timmy was shot execution style walking home from the store, that I didn't have much dealings with the DA until there was an arrest made. Has an arrest been made? Have you tried calling the detective and if he is not willing to talk to you go up the chain of command as for his sgt. The court advocate should be able to help you too. Try and see if there is a victims group near you, even a Parent's of Murdered Children (POMC) I do hope you get answers. I know how awful this can be, it's bad enough our brains our numb then to have to figure all of the other stuff that goes along with a horrible senseless crime like MURDER!!!! We are our children's voices, never give up.

God Bless
Bette

Dear Phyllis, I am so sorry for the loss of your son, I know all to well the pain and confusion that the courts can do to you, fortunately our DA was very helpful (CA) and I was very determined to find out everything I could, from police to detectives to DA we had several meetings with the detectives to ask questions but then again they had the idiot in custody in less than 24 hours after the shooting, only because the idiot lured my son where there was survalance cameras. So if I were you I would start with anyone that had anything to do with the case from police, detectives, victim advocate to DA to anyone to find out. My thoughts and prayers are with you and if you need any help let me know and I can always go to my sources to find out a way to help.
Jrs mom, frances