Return to Website

Glenville Tarblooders

communicate with classmates anywhere in the United States and the world.

Glenville Tarblooders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Tarblooder Definition

I am a 1954 Graduate of Glenville High School and would like to share with you my definition of Tarblooders.

Tarblooders are a unique group of Afro-American Students who attend and have attended Glenville High School located in East Cleveland, Ohio. I was a White Farm Boy from Western Pennsylvania when my parents moved to Cleveland in 1953. I soon found out that I was to attend a predominately Black High School called Glenville and my siblings were to attend Patrick Henry. Needless to say, we were shaking in our boots about the fact that we were to attend these schools with Blacks.

After registering and completing our first week of school, our fears were completely unfounded. We were accepted with open arms by the students even though we were the Minority.

The fellowships and great times that I experienced at Glenville High School, not to mention the friendships I established, will never be forgotten.

What a super group of "Color Blind" compassionate people!

So, this is my definition of "A Tarblooder". Weither you agree with me or not, I stand by this definition.

Fraternally, Darrell L. Bolton, Class of 1954

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I've lived in Cleveland my whole life in the Glenville area and no one has ever told me what a Tarblooder is. Please help.

What is a TarBlooder

Tarblooder's REAL DEFINITION

A tarblooder is an synonym for "porch monkey" or if u need a visual version look at the welfare office at the first of the month, follow them to first corner they pass so they can buy their crack. If it at the end of the month look and they will be outside of Burger King licking the thrown away cup lids so they can have a chocolate shake. If you would like to chat I am CarlE at the massillonproud.com website.

Re: Tarblooder Definition

TROY SMITH!

Enough said.