Return to Website

Glenville Tarblooders

communicate with classmates anywhere in the United States and the world.

Glenville Tarblooders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tarblooder Definition

I am a 1954 Graduate of Glenville High School and would like to share with you my definition of Tarblooders.

Tarblooders are a unique group of Afro-American Students who attend and have attended Glenville High School located in East Cleveland, Ohio. I was a White Farm Boy from Western Pennsylvania when my parents moved to Cleveland in 1953. I soon found out that I was to attend a predominately Black High School called Glenville and my siblings were to attend Patrick Henry. Needless to say, we were shaking in our boots about the fact that we were to attend these schools with Blacks.

After registering and completing our first week of school, our fears were completely unfounded. We were accepted with open arms by the students even though we were the Minority.

The fellowships and great times that I experienced at Glenville High School, not to mention the friendships I established, will never be forgotten.

What a super group of "Color Blind" compassionate people!

So, this is my definition of "A Tarblooder". Weither you agree with me or not, I stand by this definition.

Fraternally, Darrell L. Bolton, Class of 1954

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I've lived in Cleveland my whole life in the Glenville area and no one has ever told me what a Tarblooder is. Please help.

What is a TarBlooder

Re: Re: Tarblooder Definition

I that it was a person that worked on the freeways, also a battle cry telling the opponent that would bet the tar and blood out of them. Class 02

Re: Re: Re: Tarblooder Definition

Worker at a Glenville Tar company were often call Tarblooders. The name became synonymous with the hard workers and was adopted by the school. Glenville, would chant, Whack, Thud, Tarblood at opponents, warning them of what would happen as a result of challenging them. Whack the tar and blood out of them! The Tarblooder is represented by a tinman (think the WIZ), which later became a uni-wheeled robot in the seventies. It had muscles and crushing jaws. It is what we think of today as a Tarblooder.
GO GLENVILLE!

I agree with Darrell Bolton in what he says about a Tarblooder. As a 1956 graduate from Glenville I knew him and his siblings Chuck and Kathleen. The Tarblooders at Glenville were indeed a super group of kids that had some great times at the school. I have heard several definitions about what a Tarblooder is and I never heard an official one during my days there. What ever meaning you attach to it from 1953 to 1956 it meant a great student body with great teachers leading the way to knowledge!

Re: Re: Re: Tarblooder Definition

A tarblooder was a railroad worker whose job was to smear hot tar on railroad ties after they were laid to seal them and hold them in place. It was difficult work to say the least. The mixture of tar, dirt (and most certainly the occasional real blood) and sweat pouring off of these men gave the impression of blood. These were men who truly "sweat blood". Now, you think two-a-days are tough?

A "Tarblooder" is a railroad term, referring to the workers who laid down the heavy ties and cemented them with tar. They were considered hard-working and dedicated men who went far beyond the pale in doing their jobs.

If the getaway shootout game has a specific environment or storyline, I'd love to hear about it.

It's Geometry Dash clear that your time there left a lasting impression on you, and it's heartening to hear about the positive relationships and sense of acceptance you found among your fellow students, despite initial apprehensions.

Thank Geometry Dash you for sharing your definition of "Tarblooders" and your personal experience attending Glenville High School.

A tarblooder is the stupid ass mascot. Its a robot. I know cause I go to the school. Class of 09

MAN YOU NEED TO ALWAYS REPRESENT THE VILLE IN A POSITIVE MANNER,IT'S MORE THAN AN MASCOT IT REPRESENTS THE BLOOD,SWEAT&TEARS THAT PREVIOUS DEDICATED MEN AND WOMEN LAID DOWN FOR YOU AND I.BE PROUD OF YOUR TARBLOODERS HERITAGE IT WILL TAKE YOU FAR.PEACE!!!

Dear " U Don't Need 2 Know " A TRUE TARBLOODER would never disrespect the RED AND THE BLACK ! I agree with Coach G, the hard work of the Black Man/ Woman is still true today! Tarblooders are hard workers, we are survivors.." Blood, Sweat, No Tears " The Tarblooders chat ment" WE WILL BEAT THE TAR AND BLOOD OUT OF ANY OPPONENT" TOGETHERNESS, FAMILY, TRUTH! Stand Strong ...or you Stand Wrong!!!! So Boo, the next you talk about TARBLOODERS, be Proud,the mechanical man....or (the robot as you call it,upgrade is always good, but know where the blue print came from son),he still represents hard work and strength. ( We can't be stung by a Hornet ( John Hay ),We will detrail the Railroaders ( Collinwood ) We could Pluck the feathers out of the Eagles ( Kennedy ) .Dont get me wrong WE are a LOVING GROUP and will help all in need. PEACE & LOVE.

slither io is more than just a game - it's a community of players from all walks of life who come together to share their love of snakes and competitive gameplay.