Return to Website

Football Coaching Courses

Help for Courses and Drills.

Soccer Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
systems

Could someone give me their opinion on playing a 4-2-4 system. I believe this is not a good system to use for soccer but a coach we have wants to use this formation. Thanks in advance for any feedback

Re: systems

The 4-2-4 is a rarely played system, and in my opinion you don't need to play with 4 up front. Better to play with 4 players in midfield and make sure the 2 wide players; RM/LM get wide and forward at any opportunity to supply crosses for the forwards and general support play, however when the team is not in possession the RM/LM should tuck in behind the ball to provide support for the Center Midfielders and the Full Backs.

Hope this helps

George

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Could someone give me their opinion on playing a 4-2-4 system. I believe this is not a good system to use for soccer but a coach we have wants to use this formation. Thanks in advance for any feedback

Re: Re: systems

i agree with George, and any way the 442 in essence becomes a fluid 424 on attack if worked properly

Replying to:

The 4-2-4 is a rarely played system, and in my opinion you don't need to play with 4 up front. Better to play with 4 players in midfield and make sure the 2 wide players; RM/LM get wide and forward at any opportunity to supply crosses for the forwards and general support play, however when the team is not in possession the RM/LM should tuck in behind the ball to provide support for the Center Midfielders and the Full Backs.

Hope this helps

George

Replying to:

Re: systems

Hope this helps

George

Replying to: